Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dick Quickwood

does anyone know how to use ms-dos ?

i'm trying to use ms-dos to delete something. i entered this: del c:windowsHELLOKITTY.EXE-09347D61.pf, and it says it can't find the file. did i type the command correctly ?

Guest 455

Yo Arcel.......I would love to help you dude....but......I don't know shit about computers and the programs....and on top of that...I'm fuckin' wasted......I feel ya for the moral support....I'm sure that someone knows how to use it and can school my "dirtneck" self.....peace....455<---drunker than cowboys in colville.

Maybe you spilled too much vanilla extract on your computer.........HHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAAA

No, I dont know dude.

damn man you always got these early in the morning my computer fucked up threads lol, try doing a dir or a tree on the directory and see how the file name is listed in there and then use that in the del command

cd c:windows

[hit enter]

dir/p

[hit enter]

that should show a list of all the files and sub folders in that directory, press enter to move on to the next page of files and folders, try and see if you can find the file "HELLOKITTY.EXE-09347D61.pf" and/or something similar like "HELLO~12662436" and then use that file name in your del string

Re: Re: does anyone know how to use ms-dos ?

Originally posted by Daze One Million

cd c:windows

[hit enter]

dir/p

[hit enter]

that should show a list of all the files and sub folders in that directory, press enter to move on to the next page of files and folders, try and see if you can find the file "HELLOKITTY.EXE-09347D61.pf" and/or something similar like "HELLO~12662436" and then use that file name in your del string

hmm... i don't see it there, but i think i know why. i want to learn this. so let's say i want to delete this file, C:Documents and SettingsOwnerMy DocumentsMy Pictureswho cares.jpg. so what's my next step ?

Re: Re: Re: does anyone know how to use ms-dos ?

Originally posted by ARCEL

C:Documents and SettingsOwnerMy DocumentsMy Pictureswho cares.jpg.

hahaahahaa....i bet thats my giant "WHO CARES?" .jpg, that i made.

Re: Re: Re: Re: does anyone know how to use ms-dos ?

Originally posted by space base

hahaahahaa....i bet thats my giant "WHO CARES?" .jpg, that i made.

close, it's a picture of a guy with no arms with some text at the bottom that reads "raise your hand if you care"

Re: Re: Re: does anyone know how to use ms-dos ?

Originally posted by ARCEL

hmm... i don't see it there, but i think i know why. i want to learn this. so let's say i want to delete this file, C:Documents and SettingsOwnerMy DocumentsMy Pictureswho cares.jpg. so what's my next step ?

next step to delete would just be

del C:Documents and SettingsOwnerMy DocumentsMy Pictureswho cares.jpg

Re: Re: Re: Re: does anyone know how to use ms-dos ?

Originally posted by Daze One Million

next step to delete would just be

del C:Documents and SettingsOwnerMy DocumentsMy Pictureswho cares.jpg

dammit, it says 'the system cannot find the file path specified'

are you actually using dos, or the command prompt? if your using the comand prompt than all you really gotta do is this (assuming it starts off in this directory "C:Documents and SettingsOwner"

cd my documents

[enter]

del who cares.jpg

[enter]

i just tested it on my machine and it worked

c:

c:dos

c:dosrun

:lol:

so not funny

I used DOS for the first time in some 6 odd years yesterday... gotta love that shit.

As for the guy asking... go into the directory your file's in.. find what it's called and

deletree whocares.jpg

simple.

if you cant do it with dos i highly recomend opening up the computer with a pair of plyers, the files in there! once you get the annoying hard case off the computer, the hard works over. At this point you should see a buntch of folders and files in them. Find the offending member and toss it. Then with the spare parts make a keen 'techie' looking modle/scuplture/hangie thing.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this