_•_•_7.things - An uber 12oz Photo Scavenger Hunt [10.28.03]_•_•_

Poop Man Bob

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

I like your ideas LENS, but for many of us, those pictures are simply unattainable due to where we now live in relation to where those pictures would have to be taken.

I was thinking we would once again follow the lead of 26things and use very general topics that can be interpreted in a number of different manners.

I know that more specific ideas such as yours would result in different photographs, however I'm concerned with 1) the increased interpretation ability that stems from general topics and 2) the simple logistics of taking pictures for some rather specific topics.

I was thinking the exact same thing once i made the original post poop man. I'm actually far from where I had sex for the first time as well as my old chill spot and as for my worst enemy....shit, I want nothing more than to kick the shit out of him on sight so getting a photo would probably mean me ending up in jail. Yeah, I thought they were good ideas but fundamentally flawed.

26 things has the right idea with their subject matter for photos and i really like the interpretation factor on the part of the photographer. Iyt really allows for a broader range of photo material to be presented rather than pigeonholing all the entries. As it is already, i really like everyone's entires...quite diverse.

Hit me up on AIM whenever: DefconTwelve

i've got a big collection of noteworthy photos both graff and non-graff

I like your ideas LENS, but for many of us, those pictures are simply unattainable due to where we now live in relation to where those pictures would have to be taken.

I was thinking we would once again follow the lead of 26things and use very general topics that can be interpreted in a number of different manners.

I know that more specific ideas such as yours would result in different photographs, however I'm concerned with 1) the increased interpretation ability that stems from general topics and 2) the simple logistics of taking pictures for some rather specific topics.

I was thinking the exact same thing once i made the original post poop man. I'm actually far from where I had sex for the first time as well as my old chill spot and as for my worst enemy....shit, I want nothing more than to kick the shit out of him on sight so getting a photo would probably mean me ending up in jail. Yeah, I thought they were good ideas but fundamentally flawed.

26 things has the right idea with their subject matter for photos and i really like the interpretation factor on the part of the photographer. Iyt really allows for a broader range of photo material to be presented rather than pigeonholing all the entries. As it is already, i really like everyone's entires...quite diverse.

Hell yeah, Steve. The funk photos are great .. especially the fire. Nice timing on the photo.

And considering the idea was broached by LENS earlier, I figure we should open up the floor for discussion:

NEW CATEGORY IDEAS?

As I stated earlier, I was thinking we would once again follow the lead of 26things and use very general topics that can be interpreted in a number of different manners. I think that's one of the benefits of using an amorphous topic - getting to see how someone took a subject and interpreted it beyond what you thought of. One of their "rules" even states "interpret the items to your own understanding."

This is the brand new list that 26things just released:

high point

familiar

too much

2PM

the end

layered

three

contemplation

warning

electric

sharp

red

reflection

movement

soft

cold

close up

new old

team

oversized

intimidating

culture

energy

famous

community

shadows

We don't have to go with any of those; they're merely suggestions/ideas off of which to work. However, they are good ideas.

I figured we'd extend the number of categories from 7 to 12, what with this being 12oz and all.

Soooo ... everyone toss out some ideas.

thanks PMB. I just thought that's one of those topics

that everyone would have a great time finding pics for.

I say PMB is the final judge of what topics go up.

(just because he's the man for the job!)

Maybe some pictures based on smilies?

:cool: :mexican: :love2: :five-o: :gaga: :krunk:

Guest imported_Tesseract

Suggestions

1. A.M (self explanatory)

2. Transportation (again)

3. Darkness (as the opossite of 'light' category)

4. Habits

5. Instant Funk-just add water (a category based on a true flick with some awesome photoshop add)

keep on

Originally posted by plastyk

2. sorrow

5. lonileness

6. silence.

ummm.... sorry to discredit your suggestion.... but BLAH!

I mean 'sorrow'? Why would we want to do that?

I'll suggest a few to start with....

Excessive Volume

Vice

Smut Peddlars

Stuffed

Tricks

hev suggests:

1. You ( but you may not be in the picture)

2. Purchase

3. In-take

4.Hey, _________!!??

5. Pride

6. Structure

7. Internet

8. Rank

9. Space

10. Numbers

11. Violation

12. **wild card** ( wow, amaze, scare... may be accompanied by up to 3 'supporting')

Archived