Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
seeking

dude, why didn't someone tell me 'intelligent' hip hop was so fucking boring?

avils,

good try dear, but read the post i was replying to. i was mocking his quote (minus the quotation marks) and further expressing the fact that i havent really liked much that they've done since 1993.

keep trying.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Mr. ABC

speaking of heiro, whatever happened to casual. if anyone was gunna blow up outta heiro it shoulda been him

He's still around. He is on tour with the rest of the crew at the moment.

Has an album coming out, "Truck Driver". I think it's some older material, unreleased even. Dude looks like he's 40 years old.

I feel the same about Hiero. I bought Full Circle, it's alright. Still nothing like 3rd Eye. "You Never Knew" is the jam of that collective. Everyone knows the deal on "93 Til" and "No Need For Alarm". They've just evolved. They're getting paid, I don't think they could give a fuck less. Doin' what they like and having the fanbase they have.

Pep Love is just about the only one in Hiero who has the heat.

Encore will be releasing an album on the Hiero label soon...now he's nice.

Originally posted by seeking

gangstarr is the most over rated group in the history of hip hop

you wanna talk about 'real' hip hop, lets talk about MOP. that shit is as real as it comes.

seeks/yes, mf doom is dope

Gangstarr has me faded. Please believe I'll take a listen every now and then, but it get's repetitive. By the sound of it, Premier isn't putting out the gully shit at the moment. Jay turned all his beats down that were submitted to him by Primo. The Ownerz was weak. Primo's latest hot beat was "Rock Stars" from Non Phix's debut. Mmmm..Non Phix. That's the fun shit.

About M.O.P.

They are going on tour soon. No trips to major cities, I suppose the Roc is just testing the waters, see what kind of response they get.

<-- Listening to Rugged Neva Smoov.

And this whole concsious/underground/mainstream/backpacker/blah hip hop shit is silly. All the labels and shit. Beats and rhymes. Should be two categories, dope and wack. Beats and rhymes.

Anyone into Little Brother?

They are going to be big.

They might not be on the same level as Rakim, Nas, or whoever. But got damn, they sure have fun and they make that dope, fun shit. One of the best live sets I've ever seen.

Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up!

All of you! Your bitching is like a cat on a hot plate.

Just buy old nas albums and be satisfied, jeeeez.

Originally posted by crackatinnie

Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up!

All of you! Your bitching is like a cat on a hot plate.

Just buy old nas albums and be satisfied, jeeeez.

YOU shut up!

if it wasnt for bitching the world of internet chatting and forums would come to an end.

Originally posted by fatbastard

if it wasnt for bitching the world of internet chatting and forums would come to an end.

like nas' respect in the street.

seeks/the takeover

Hip hop has officially been shite for 7 or 8 years now, and for the few years before that it was only ever mediocre.

I'm sitting here trying to think of one new album from the last few years that I've bought that has emotionally moved me, and I can't think of a single one. The only music I buy/acquire these days is old music.

And for who ever mentioned British Hip-hop, well, it's never been anything more than a novelty.

Music that I'm enjoying at the moment is Nu School Breaks kind of stuff. Damn, I'm not even sure if that's what it's called; it's just something that comes out of the radio in my car occasionally, when I'm flicking through the pirates.

anybody heard 'jack cracker'? some white dude from wisconsin or something.

dude is sick. one of the dopest new 'emcees' ive heard in a long, long time. witty punchlines, intertwined lines...it flows nice as a whole, but when you really listen to duudes lyrics, he's killing it as well.

seek gives his approval.

there has been some good hip hop made in the last 8 years, you just gotta weed through alot of bullshit to find it. or you just gotta go buy everything jay z's done, cause dude is fucking sick.

honestly, people that dont like jay z.... i honestly think i might make that the cut off point, where i draw the line between people im cool with, and dudes i aint got time for.

the knows, and the know-nots.

seeks/the blueprint

Originally posted by Rodney Trotter

The only music I buy/acquire these days is old music.

I hear people say this all the time.

I kind of agree, but I also look back on every era of the past and I can pick out tons of shit I like from each year. So 5 or so years from now we might be looking back on what was dope in the early 2000s and complaining about whatever's current at the time.

Originally posted by Ten Cents

I hear people say this all the time.

I kind of agree, but I also look back on every era of the past and I can pick out tons of shit I like from each year. So 5 or so years from now we might be looking back on what was dope in the early 2000s and complaining about whatever's current at the time.

you had a Creed cd in your car

honestly, people that dont like jay z.... i honestly think i might make that the cut off point, where i draw the line between people im cool with, and dudes i aint got time for.

the knows, and the know-nots.

seeks/the blueprint

This is all that really had to be said.

...and I'm tired of fairweather fans.

fuck that "smart" hip hop shit meng. im the most hardcore gangstah that ever came out da Bu. i listen to like eminem and shit. meng, gangstah shit for the hard ass white boys. HOLLA. like when the public tries to get up in ya private beach and shit. thats reason for death :king: :king: :king: :evil:

:smiles:

Originally posted by Rodney Trotter

And for who ever mentioned British Hip-hop, well, it's never been anything more than a novelty.

*choke*....excuse me? london posse? gunshot? classic old school shit. task force? terra firma? braintax? jehst? rodney p? etc etc dope new school shit...the list goes on. you may not appreciate your home grown shit, but there's some dope shit coming outta the uk dude, keep your ears open

anybody heard 'jack cracker'? some white dude from wisconsin or something.

i think i heard somthing by him, hella funny line i recall like "damn you trailer park bitch you smoked up all my pot, if my rifle wasnt in the pawn shop youd be gettin shot"

i think the song was about domestic live in relationship ups and downs in midwestern trailer park life.

Originally posted by 455

Hip-hop sounds like shit mostly these days.....so I choose to listen to my collection of gems from 96 and below....

Hear hear. I second that notion. Most of the beats these days sounds all over the place, lots of brass instruments (what's with the fucking obsession with trumpets and tubas?), and no charisma on the part of the performers who seem content to rub it in our collective faces the fact that they get paid so much cash for so little talent.

hiero is dope as fuck, atleast up to no need for alarm.

3rd eye vision had some real dope tracks, but as a whole, i duno, it didnt do it for me.

you never know and oakland black out eat kids though.

since then? blllaahhhh.

werd...I still got mad love for Del though.

Originally posted by old*824

i think i heard somthing by him, hella funny line i recall like "damn you trailer park bitch you smoked up all my pot, if my rifle wasnt in the pawn shop youd be gettin shot"

i think the song was about domestic live in relationship ups and downs in midwestern trailer park life.

other then that ..there aint shit in sheboygan

...........wisconsin has a growing insane clown posse "juggalo" problem

in my city...there is an actual gang called the hatchet men....i thought it was a joke till 30 of them beat the hell out of some guy at a party for looking at the leaders girl...

on another note...the new outkast aint too bad

Originally posted by WREK

cannibal ox doesnt exist anymore.

"The e-mail sent out stating that Cannibal Ox has broken up is apparently bogus. We have just spoken to Vast of Cann Ox. He confirms that they have cancelled the tour due to internal difficulties but denies rumors that they have split. ..."

rest on def jux site

even thought that lil' update is not very convincing, but oh well

i was looking forward to the can ox and jean grae tour, but now that is off

Originally posted by MOOGLE?

in my city...there is an actual gang called the hatchet men....i thought it was a joke till 30 of them beat the hell out of some guy at a party for looking at the leaders girl...

Are they white guys? Pretty lame reason for beating someone up. Unless they're being a fucking pervert or straight up coming onto my gf, I usually take it as a compliment. Insecure...tsk tsk.

I'm suprised no one has mentioned the Boogie Monsters in this thread. Talk about a slept on group that just faded away into nothingness but maybe it's better that way.

The Underwater Album was keen but God Sound was way lacking.

But if anything, the Boogie Monsters were an "intelligent" hip hop group that is sorely missed at least by yours truly.

Guest keep
Originally posted by MOOGLE?

...........wisconsin has a growing insane clown posse "juggalo" problem

oh god, those fucks are still around. i hope someone had shot them by now.

i havnt heard any new "hip hop" i liked in quite some time. so ive resorted back to the metal and old old rock.