dude, why didn't someone tell me 'intelligent' hip hop was so fucking boring?

seeking

Originally posted by Ten Cents

I hear people say this all the time.

I kind of agree, but I also look back on every era of the past and I can pick out tons of shit I like from each year. So 5 or so years from now we might be looking back on what was dope in the early 2000s and complaining about whatever's current at the time.

you had a Creed cd in your car

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by seeking

honestly, people that dont like jay z.... i honestly think i might make that the cut off point, where i draw the line between people im cool with, and dudes i aint got time for.

the knows, and the know-nots.

seeks/the blueprint

This is all that really had to be said.

...and I'm tired of fairweather fans.

fuck that "smart" hip hop shit meng. im the most hardcore gangstah that ever came out da Bu. i listen to like eminem and shit. meng, gangstah shit for the hard ass white boys. HOLLA. like when the public tries to get up in ya private beach and shit. thats reason for death :king: :king: :king: :evil:

:smiles:

Originally posted by Rodney Trotter

And for who ever mentioned British Hip-hop, well, it's never been anything more than a novelty.

*choke*....excuse me? london posse? gunshot? classic old school shit. task force? terra firma? braintax? jehst? rodney p? etc etc dope new school shit...the list goes on. you may not appreciate your home grown shit, but there's some dope shit coming outta the uk dude, keep your ears open

anybody heard 'jack cracker'? some white dude from wisconsin or something.

i think i heard somthing by him, hella funny line i recall like "damn you trailer park bitch you smoked up all my pot, if my rifle wasnt in the pawn shop youd be gettin shot"

i think the song was about domestic live in relationship ups and downs in midwestern trailer park life.

Originally posted by 455

Hip-hop sounds like shit mostly these days.....so I choose to listen to my collection of gems from 96 and below....

Hear hear. I second that notion. Most of the beats these days sounds all over the place, lots of brass instruments (what's with the fucking obsession with trumpets and tubas?), and no charisma on the part of the performers who seem content to rub it in our collective faces the fact that they get paid so much cash for so little talent.

hiero is dope as fuck, atleast up to no need for alarm.

3rd eye vision had some real dope tracks, but as a whole, i duno, it didnt do it for me.

you never know and oakland black out eat kids though.

since then? blllaahhhh.

werd...I still got mad love for Del though.

Originally posted by old*824

i think i heard somthing by him, hella funny line i recall like "damn you trailer park bitch you smoked up all my pot, if my rifle wasnt in the pawn shop youd be gettin shot"

i think the song was about domestic live in relationship ups and downs in midwestern trailer park life.

other then that ..there aint shit in sheboygan

...........wisconsin has a growing insane clown posse "juggalo" problem

in my city...there is an actual gang called the hatchet men....i thought it was a joke till 30 of them beat the hell out of some guy at a party for looking at the leaders girl...

on another note...the new outkast aint too bad

Originally posted by WREK

cannibal ox doesnt exist anymore.

"The e-mail sent out stating that Cannibal Ox has broken up is apparently bogus. We have just spoken to Vast of Cann Ox. He confirms that they have cancelled the tour due to internal difficulties but denies rumors that they have split. ..."

rest on def jux site

even thought that lil' update is not very convincing, but oh well

i was looking forward to the can ox and jean grae tour, but now that is off

Originally posted by MOOGLE?

in my city...there is an actual gang called the hatchet men....i thought it was a joke till 30 of them beat the hell out of some guy at a party for looking at the leaders girl...

Are they white guys? Pretty lame reason for beating someone up. Unless they're being a fucking pervert or straight up coming onto my gf, I usually take it as a compliment. Insecure...tsk tsk.

I'm suprised no one has mentioned the Boogie Monsters in this thread. Talk about a slept on group that just faded away into nothingness but maybe it's better that way.

The Underwater Album was keen but God Sound was way lacking.

But if anything, the Boogie Monsters were an "intelligent" hip hop group that is sorely missed at least by yours truly.

Originally posted by MOOGLE?

...........wisconsin has a growing insane clown posse "juggalo" problem

oh god, those fucks are still around. i hope someone had shot them by now.

i havnt heard any new "hip hop" i liked in quite some time. so ive resorted back to the metal and old old rock.

Archived