dude, why didn't someone tell me 'intelligent' hip hop was so fucking boring?

seeking

im sitting here at work, without my headphones, foreced to listen to 'live365.com'. i tried to listen to the metal channel, but it wouldnt load for some reason. so instead i decide i'd listen to thehip-hop station. 'the basement'....

when did 'intelligent' hip hop start to suck so fucking bad? jesus christ. 9/10th's of these beats are fucking TERRIBLE. it's like they're all involved in a big contest to see who can make the most boring, bland shit possible.

god, i havent been so glad to be 'old' since i could legally buy beer. i got to live through hip hop back before it sucked goat ass. i feel sorry for you kids.

seeks/i paid my dues while the cost was rising

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not even just white dudes anymore. now black guys are making really wack rap too.

case in point, i just listened to some song by murs 'little brother' or some shit. nooooowwwwww, i dont know if you've heard any of his old stuff, circa 95-96, but dude used to be ill. now he's some pathetic watered down, half assed version of himself.

its sad.

give me jigga and fitty any day all day. it might be the same stuff, but atleast its well produced, well executed, and makes me laugh.

seeks/red dots

yo yo, its all about the suburban white kids who keep it real by rocking shady gear and listening to dre dog.....handling business you know player...shit man, dont fuck with a true hip hoppers ten sack market. he might have to get up in your grill with all 11teen of his homeys you know, cause thass how they do it in the suburbs. boo. suburban kids that act hip hop and have probably never lived in a innercity enviroment are far more irritation than intelligent hip hop imo.

bleah.....digitalcable has a old school rap channel. the mid and early nineties was truly a golden age of "hip hop" graffiti crushed citys all over the us and really good music while still being underground.

this is totally off topic and irrellavent to the topic, im hungover.

the four elements according to clout magazine.....tagging racking drinking and macking.

seriously though....these kids with shady brand tshirts and funk master flex kicks driving their moms cars trying to act hard even though they live in a rich white town are wack. rich white towns are wack.

bahfuckinghumbug.

i would say bitches and hoes....

but those words are no longer in my vocabulary, after witnessing countless corny white kids use the term hoe i realize how completely idiotic it makes you appear.

so im thinking macking to par is the obtainment of sexual favors from attractive women in a realitivly short period of time.

well i guess i got nothing to worry about, i must obviously not be hip hop since im completely clueless as to who tawny kitaen is.

really though, they should make a reality show out of all these cornball wigger fucktards out here. i mean these kids lives and conversations revolve around completely worthless and meaningless events and actions. or maybe im just antisocial and socially inept and fucking hate people who dont drink heavily and write their name on shit while not being under a im hard as fuck cause i wear eminems clothing line and listen south sac gangstah rap even though i have lived in a cake suburb my entire life. oh well....i guess its entertainment. i mean these kids try really hard to get the ghetto persona down, but what they dont understand is the ghetto is a dangerous place to live and you should count your blessings that your spoon fed upper middle class and white.

^^^^^I know what you mean......I mean,shiiit.......they should make a "MeanMugging" episode on some stupid reality show. I see morons all of the time trying be something they are not.......same goes with the hip-hop nerds out there who think if you don't listen to Anticon or Def Jux then you don't know anything about the music or artform..fuck those people....

Originally posted by ..fuD..

so what kind of music do you all listen to then?

I listen to hip-hop dating from around 1984 to around '98 or so....I also listen to Jazz and original breakbeat records.

Classic Rock and 80's top 40 shit too.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

listen to uk hip hop. it sounds like american hip hop before it sucked, just with different accents.

no.

well folks the only thing that sucks worse than those dumb "smart rap" fanboy kids are people who think they know everything about hiphop because they were alive ten years earlier.

seeking, you're more of a nerd than any of these abstract anti-everything emcees ever could be. i mean that in a good way of course.

old824 you're talking about something different. you're bitching about wiggas and wanna be gangstas who wear fubu and shit. everyone else is talking about anticon-type kids who bitch about everything and think they know everything about everything and think theyre smarter or more advanced than everyone else (similar to 12oz users). get with the program, talking shit about fubu wigga kids is so passe, bitching about people who bitch about people who bitch about fubu wigga kids is where its at now.

edit: what groups/songs specifically are you talking about, cuz maybe i actually agree if its.. well i wont name names cuz i want to see who it is first and.. well fuck it, if its anticon or new def jux stuff, you're probably right.

you know what im sayin? how are you supposed to take a kid who grew up in a 500,000 dollar home in a city that has like 5% minority population in a doo rag seriously when he listens to raunchy gangstah shit. i mean, im not from the hood or nothing, but i paid my rent my entire adult life myself and have lived in a few.

i listen to raunchy gangstah shit to, but i dont idolize it, immitate it and think it gives me a pass to act like im hot for selling rocks when my moms still buys my capn crunch and clothes.

and then theres the chick who tried to tell me Tupac isnt hip hop.

but really though, they did this article on John Walker Lynn,.....you know the american taliban from marin county(richest nicest part of the state of cali)...so this mother fucker is on a message board under some black activist type name calling dr dre a washed up house nigger!!

i think he insulted e40 and countless others who came up and have a rep and shit, oh and of course he did it via keystyle rapping......

just the fact that a kid from MARIN FUCKING COUNTY who is WHITE and RICH thinks Dr Dre is a sellout and therefore a worthless washed up "house Nigger" making money for the "whiteman" paints probably the best picture of what im talking about. you know?

anyway....im going to spend the winter on the side of a mountian in bumfuck knowhere with a recording studio and a snowboard.

i mean otherwise i think i might just flip when the next seventeen yearold in a beamer tries to mean mug me.

old/bitter grumpy old hater on white rich kids that emulate truly negative aspects of society they have never had to struggle to overcome or even deal with.

anyway.....ill try and find this john walker lynn rap......where he calls out every og rapper for being sell outs and washed up.......behind a key board pretending hes black when he was white and living with his parents in marin county.

old/i think tatted bike messengers that write on shit is what hip hop is really about.

and heres my logic on that, graffiti is a part of hip hop. therefore whatever graffiti encompasses is encompassed in hip hop. so logically tatted bike messengers that listen to hardcore and write on shit are in fact pure uncensored hip hop.

i have no idea whats motivating this rant today.

here i found most of it.......i mean shit.......i think its kind of funny hes in prison.....why the fuck would you leave the nicest part of the country to became a part of an ultra conservitive religous sect when you can live in the nicest part of the fucking country...

dumb ass white kids.

I Wreck Shop Like Patty Hearst"

Excerpts from "JOHN DOE's Almighty Bicoastal Armegaddon Starchild Flow, With Extra Sprinkles On Top & Sides," 1995.

I represent the west don't be mislead by that other shit

20 P-Funk samples and they think they're from the mother ship

G-Funk? Come on y'all, I smother it

Don't get me wrong P-Funk gets mad props and hollars

Their thought and hard work is what's bringing suckers dollars

I abolish the stereotypes they've brought upon us

I've been schooled in the east and graduated with honors

Word is bond, it's now the west where I reside

I maintain my stance while my peirs subside

When the white exec's offered E-40 complied

He spits words fast with verses and styles dead like hurses

He can't write for shit so he dribbles drabbles and babbles on

Off pace with the wack beats that he's rapping on

The click is like a whole crew of whining Horshack's

Money money money and that's they go for, black

Contradicting like muslims with terret syndrome

40's wack crew's gonna be left smoking indo in limbo

His off beat styles sound so simple

He's just a businessman when it comes down to the mental

Orientation lacing catchphrases in with his wack word placement

All these crew's screaming "real" are faker than Master Ace Inc.

I'm replacing what I face because I'm tre bien

Too $hort is wacker than Marin county caucasians

Ambitions shrink when crews catch a glimps

Of an intellegent MC smashing empty minded pimps

$hort Dog does hip hop no glory

Wack like Dr Dre and his made-up gangster stories

Sellout house nigga living honkey dory

Saying he's broke in his own pool doing laps

All these playground MC's fall off like scabs

Skills disappear like alaka abracadab

Dr Dre's a disgrace selling out to the talcolm

He'll be left dead and naked in the outcome

Word to brother Malcolm

Dre shirts and hat's when will we see his cereal?

Words of ignorance screaming claiming he's imperial

Those wack metaphors aint even demo tape material

When NWA broke up I rejoiced

It must be all the Ide's 6-packs sacks and joints

Cause in all his years of rhyming I've still never heard a point

All he know's how to do is act the fool and exploit

Black people, he's see-through

Glorifying evil, filthly like swine's fecal

Matter my rhymes make ego's splatter

Bladders burst when I wreck shop like Patty Hearst

Atomic Dog can only be sampled so many times

He does it no justice with those Grade Z petty rhymes

You got your money on like Ray Love now go the fuck away

He "got no love for girls" but I wont blast him cause he's gay

I bust up his ego strictly due to his display

And his association with the white owned label called Death Row

Make a buck and making 10 for Bubba Jimmy Jethrow

Exploitation that's been spread from the plantation

To the so called "black radio stations" test my patients

Spreading stereotypes to give a chuckle to caucasians

So many follow that path it's just amazing

That you see their thuggish Bone asses on a Panther soundtrack

Bippity zibbety shit's fast but their beats and voices sound wack

Kids got the nuts that a Mounds packs; none

Talking like they're gangsters but they don't pack guns

Glorifying gangbanging; making it look fun

Once again giving the white man a chuckle

When they learn to stop the suckle under pressure they'll just buckle

My plight is to ignite a movement of tight shit

To raise subterranian standards into 'hype shit'

Like back in the day when Last Poet's got it going

They lit a bon-fire but without even knowing

These days the embers are barely even glowing

MC's claim phat but only show molasses flowing

Marly's downfall was graphic, now he's fake like plastic

His simple rhymes are crafted to make money for the grafted

While he collects the table scraps and stays satisfied

Move's like those he's made can never be gratified

Remember "Battle In Brooklyn"? Now his shit is sanitized

Talking about blunts like Cypress Hill or Channel Live

Original kids will eat the man alive

Analized, his lyrics only go knee deep

He make's-believe about the hood like Mr McPhealy

Putting me to sleep like a matress made by Sealy

I'm much more, than merely a master

In fact I'm faster than the last flash flood disaster

Bastards like House Of Pain are left with their rep's wrecked

Insurance is collected before the mic is even checked

Inspect my deck and like Gza get your neck seperated

Depart for the same reason MC Bootie never made it

I run through gold artists like aqua regia I wreck like Ced Gee, a key competitor

Speaking without letting up from my third eye's retina

John Doe the X the next; the etcetera

hah......man at this point im laughin at his ass for goin to prison..

He's especially cruel to rappers he believes have gone pop and thereby compromised their blackness, referring to Dr. Dre as a "sellout house nigga living honkey dory."

heres the articlehttp://www.eastbayexpress.com/issues/2003-09-03/feature.html/1/index.html

Originally posted by ..fuD..

seeking, you're more of a nerd than any of these abstract anti-everything emcees ever could be. i mean that in a good way of course....what groups/songs specifically are you talking about, cuz maybe i actually agree if its.. well i wont name names cuz i want to see who it is first and.. well fuck it, if its anticon or new def jux stuff, you're probably right.

actually, i like alot of both anticon and def jux. jel, alias and el p can all produce their asses off. technically, jel is by far one of the dopest producers in hip hop, period. he's dj premier status. obviously the style of beats he makes are different, but dude knows his shit and he puts it down. alias as well. and as for emceeing, anticon isnt 'trying' to be hip hop, or love hip, or do anything but make the music they want to, without apologizing to anyone. even the stuff i dont like, i respect.

having said that, i hate most of their fans.

i liked alot of the company flow stuff, and ive been a huge aesop rock fan, but lately man... they're just trying to act too hard, its retarded. its like their trying to overcompensate for being thrown into a 'concious' catagory, so they've got to act like nuckleheads to make up for it. chill yo, its ok.

anyway, no, the type of shit im hating on, is the 'hip hop' everyone claims to love. gangstarr, mos def, ugly duckling (holy fuck does that guy suck), people under the stairs, mike ladd, ummmm, all that 'we love hip hop' shit. its fucking corny. i love being able to walk but im not making a fucking song about it, now am i? you identity crisis motherfucker?! and im not even just talking about white kids, there are hellof black kids acting like fucking retards as well. boring ass beats that are 'technicly' not bad, but just lack any notion of creativity, originality, or inspiration. fucking garbage. if i hear one more song about how much an emcee loves hip hop, im gonna choke him to death with a shoestringless addidas.

seeks/i always knew who i was and i'll always be more famous