Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
seeking

dude, why didn't someone tell me 'intelligent' hip hop was so fucking boring?

im sitting here at work, without my headphones, foreced to listen to 'live365.com'. i tried to listen to the metal channel, but it wouldnt load for some reason. so instead i decide i'd listen to thehip-hop station. 'the basement'....

when did 'intelligent' hip hop start to suck so fucking bad? jesus christ. 9/10th's of these beats are fucking TERRIBLE. it's like they're all involved in a big contest to see who can make the most boring, bland shit possible.

god, i havent been so glad to be 'old' since i could legally buy beer. i got to live through hip hop back before it sucked goat ass. i feel sorry for you kids.

seeks/i paid my dues while the cost was rising

it's cos white dudes be making hip hop. white dudes can't hang. except for that one dude feminem. i love his blue eyes. he's so dreamy....*sigh*

Guest 455

Hip-hop sounds like shit mostly these days.....so I choose to listen to my collection of gems from 96 and below....

its not even just white dudes anymore. now black guys are making really wack rap too.

case in point, i just listened to some song by murs 'little brother' or some shit. nooooowwwwww, i dont know if you've heard any of his old stuff, circa 95-96, but dude used to be ill. now he's some pathetic watered down, half assed version of himself.

its sad.

give me jigga and fitty any day all day. it might be the same stuff, but atleast its well produced, well executed, and makes me laugh.

seeks/red dots

Guest imported_El Mamerro

^A hip hop video isn't a hip hop video without Tawny Kitaen on a car hood.

Guest 455

"Heeeeere I go Again On My OOOOOwn":insert guitar twang here:

Originally posted by seeking

give me jigga and fitty any day all day. it might be the same stuff, but atleast its well produced, well executed, and makes me laugh.

seeks/red dots

i thought i was the only one...

yo yo, its all about the suburban white kids who keep it real by rocking shady gear and listening to dre dog.....handling business you know player...shit man, dont fuck with a true hip hoppers ten sack market. he might have to get up in your grill with all 11teen of his homeys you know, cause thass how they do it in the suburbs. boo. suburban kids that act hip hop and have probably never lived in a innercity enviroment are far more irritation than intelligent hip hop imo.

bleah.....digitalcable has a old school rap channel. the mid and early nineties was truly a golden age of "hip hop" graffiti crushed citys all over the us and really good music while still being underground.

this is totally off topic and irrellavent to the topic, im hungover.

the four elements according to clout magazine.....tagging racking drinking and macking.

seriously though....these kids with shady brand tshirts and funk master flex kicks driving their moms cars trying to act hard even though they live in a rich white town are wack. rich white towns are wack.

bahfuckinghumbug.

i would say bitches and hoes....

but those words are no longer in my vocabulary, after witnessing countless corny white kids use the term hoe i realize how completely idiotic it makes you appear.

so im thinking macking to par is the obtainment of sexual favors from attractive women in a realitivly short period of time.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

^A hip hop video isn't a hip hop video without Tawny Kitaen on a car hood.

And a baseball player isn't a baseball player unless he's been assaulted by her in his own car. While driving.

well i guess i got nothing to worry about, i must obviously not be hip hop since im completely clueless as to who tawny kitaen is.

really though, they should make a reality show out of all these cornball wigger fucktards out here. i mean these kids lives and conversations revolve around completely worthless and meaningless events and actions. or maybe im just antisocial and socially inept and fucking hate people who dont drink heavily and write their name on shit while not being under a im hard as fuck cause i wear eminems clothing line and listen south sac gangstah rap even though i have lived in a cake suburb my entire life. oh well....i guess its entertainment. i mean these kids try really hard to get the ghetto persona down, but what they dont understand is the ghetto is a dangerous place to live and you should count your blessings that your spoon fed upper middle class and white.

Guest 455

^^^^^I know what you mean......I mean,shiiit.......they should make a "MeanMugging" episode on some stupid reality show. I see morons all of the time trying be something they are not.......same goes with the hip-hop nerds out there who think if you don't listen to Anticon or Def Jux then you don't know anything about the music or artform..fuck those people....

Guest PHYNE

Re: dude, why didn't someone tell me 'intelligent' hip hop was so fucking boring?

dude its always sucked..................;)

Guest 455
Originally posted by ..fuD..

so what kind of music do you all listen to then?

I listen to hip-hop dating from around 1984 to around '98 or so....I also listen to Jazz and original breakbeat records.

Classic Rock and 80's top 40 shit too.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

listen to uk hip hop. it sounds like american hip hop before it sucked, just with different accents.

no.

well folks the only thing that sucks worse than those dumb "smart rap" fanboy kids are people who think they know everything about hiphop because they were alive ten years earlier.

seeking, you're more of a nerd than any of these abstract anti-everything emcees ever could be. i mean that in a good way of course.

old824 you're talking about something different. you're bitching about wiggas and wanna be gangstas who wear fubu and shit. everyone else is talking about anticon-type kids who bitch about everything and think they know everything about everything and think theyre smarter or more advanced than everyone else (similar to 12oz users). get with the program, talking shit about fubu wigga kids is so passe, bitching about people who bitch about people who bitch about fubu wigga kids is where its at now.

edit: what groups/songs specifically are you talking about, cuz maybe i actually agree if its.. well i wont name names cuz i want to see who it is first and.. well fuck it, if its anticon or new def jux stuff, you're probably right.

you know what im sayin? how are you supposed to take a kid who grew up in a 500,000 dollar home in a city that has like 5% minority population in a doo rag seriously when he listens to raunchy gangstah shit. i mean, im not from the hood or nothing, but i paid my rent my entire adult life myself and have lived in a few.

i listen to raunchy gangstah shit to, but i dont idolize it, immitate it and think it gives me a pass to act like im hot for selling rocks when my moms still buys my capn crunch and clothes.

and then theres the chick who tried to tell me Tupac isnt hip hop.

but really though, they did this article on John Walker Lynn,.....you know the american taliban from marin county(richest nicest part of the state of cali)...so this mother fucker is on a message board under some black activist type name calling dr dre a washed up house nigger!!

i think he insulted e40 and countless others who came up and have a rep and shit, oh and of course he did it via keystyle rapping......

just the fact that a kid from MARIN FUCKING COUNTY who is WHITE and RICH thinks Dr Dre is a sellout and therefore a worthless washed up "house Nigger" making money for the "whiteman" paints probably the best picture of what im talking about. you know?

anyway....im going to spend the winter on the side of a mountian in bumfuck knowhere with a recording studio and a snowboard.

i mean otherwise i think i might just flip when the next seventeen yearold in a beamer tries to mean mug me.

old/bitter grumpy old hater on white rich kids that emulate truly negative aspects of society they have never had to struggle to overcome or even deal with.

anyway.....ill try and find this john walker lynn rap......where he calls out every og rapper for being sell outs and washed up.......behind a key board pretending hes black when he was white and living with his parents in marin county.

old/i think tatted bike messengers that write on shit is what hip hop is really about.

and heres my logic on that, graffiti is a part of hip hop. therefore whatever graffiti encompasses is encompassed in hip hop. so logically tatted bike messengers that listen to hardcore and write on shit are in fact pure uncensored hip hop.

i have no idea whats motivating this rant today.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this