Driving with no insurance?

Guest -MOE LESTER-

Guest -MOE LESTER-

so check my situation....theres no fucking way i can afford insurance, registration fees, all that expensive crap

my mom said that she will buy me a car and insurance IF i get into a college in april

but im not waitin till april...im fucking 18, i need a ride

so im thinking about buying a nice little bucket for around 500-800 dollars and driving it around with no insurance, none of that crap

whats the legal unishment for doing this shit? i have my liscense, if i get pulled over could i say its my dads car?

throw up your suggestions

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest -MOE LESTER-

yes im extremely impatient

im fucking 18, i need a fucking ride

im prolly gonna buy a car and park it somewhere cutty, so i can use it when i need it

i always wanted to own a bucket ass old 80s car....reminds me of 80 gangster flicks and shit

i was thinking about these cars

88 nissan sentra

88 mitsubishi galant

88 chevy celebrity/cavalier

88 oldsmobile cutless (whats the mpg on these?)

80-88 honda accord/civic

Usually if you're pulled over with no insurance and the cop isn't a total asshole, you'll be given a sort of "fix-it" ticket where you'll be given a fat fine but that shit'll be waived if you can bring documentation to court showing your car is insured.

If you have brass balls, you can carry around phony documents with you. A lot of the time the cops'll just wanna see that you have some sort of paperwork showing your wheels are insured. They're more interested in seeing your registration so they can check for warrants. Be careful, sometimes they might actually run your phony "account #", come up with zilcho and then you're fucked homie.

But if the cop is a prick, he/she might fuck you bad....to what extent, i am very unsure.

I haven't had insurance for a while now. My friend actually forged insurance documents on photoshop and gave'em to the DMV so he wouldn't have to drop like...$250 dollars to get new insurance this year since your car needs to be insured to get renewed registration.

Just never drive over the speed limit, obey laws. Never do stupid shit. When in doubt dont go for it. Then you probably wont be pulled over or have an accident. But you can get fucked for not having insurance.

Specially if you get into a wreck. Which i am assuming you will just because of the type of person you are.

Hahah I had platinum insurance from the time i was 18 until I was 22. I have no idea how it is in your state but where i lived al you had to do was get your insurace with the plates. Then you can cancel your insurance and keep the insurance card and all that. It'll still look like you have insurance. If you get pulled over. Act like you don't know what the hell is going on. If you get in a wreck where the people haven't killed you or no one else is seriously hurt, tell them you don't have insurance but you will get it that same day you get into a wreck. Tell them not to report the accident for another day. Tell them they wont get anymoney if they take you to court with out any insurace. If they are smart they will understand and follow trough or just drive off.

I rode around on the same canceled insurance policy for about 5 years. Me and my buddy used the same one for 6 different cars. It's not that hard.

Biotch.

we live in the same city and i drove for 9 months without a liscence not too long ago... even longer (almost 2 years?) without insurance...

i wouldn't reccomend it, as cops can fuck you over if they feel like it, but if you gotta do it:

don't drive a car that's gonna call attention to yourself (not too much of a hoopty, no broken windows, no stickers, no nothin) and don;t do anything stupid... driving without a liscence/insurance will make you one hell of a good driver... don't cut people off, don;t run yellows, etc... don;t give a cop any reason to run your plates...

and if your plates don't have current registration go to a pickand pull or whatever with a pair of tin snips and find a liscence plate that has tags that'll bring you up to date...

getting pulled over with no registration is a fix it ticket (unless it's over 6 months over due, which gets your car impounded) no insurance is a fix it ticket (fix it ticket means you take care of it within a couple months and you only pay $15 or so... don;t take care of it and it's $60 and up)

no liscence gets you arrested and your car gets impounded...

granted that all depends on the cop that pulls you over...

key words: don;t be stupid...

dont be stupid is all im going to say.

youll be fucked if you get caught, and then the chances of you getting the car + insurance in april gets smaller and smaller.

Originally posted by -MOE LESTER-

i always wanted to own a bucket ass old 80s car....reminds me of 80 gangster flicks and shit

i was thinking about these cars

88 nissan sentra

88 mitsubishi galant

88 chevy celebrity/cavalier

88 oldsmobile cutless (whats the mpg on these?)

80-88 honda accord/civic

these car are NOT gangsta.

mr. yuck's idea works.. i've rolled like that before. no insurance can be a huge deal! when i got pulled over in Colorado with no insurance they treat it similar to drinking and driving except they don't take your car, but they immediatley take your license and give you paper work for court... then you need to file an sr-22 for the next couple years, it has a bunch of points associatted with it and so on. but hell, if you do it drive carefully... which is easier said than done at 18.

i drove arond without a liscense or insurance for like a year. i play it koo when i'm rollin in my buket. i got pulled over on a road trip in the middle of fuckin kansas tho. i fuckin hate kansas, spent a few nights in jail and paid a $500 fine. obey the traffic laws and don't drive like an 18 year old! the best advice i have:cool:

Do not fucking drive without insurance...it's bad karma.

Also, no matter what state/city you live in, you will get in deep shit if you end up in an accident. If you're at fault, it's even worse. It's pretty senseless and ignorant to be driving without it. What if you got in an accident, and the other person got hurt, and you're at fault. You're going to be in deep shit, and broker than before. You'll pay a huge fine to the police, their insurance company is going to come after YOU, you'll pay their hospital bills, and for the repairs for yours and their ride.

So bottom line, BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.

And don't come up with some bulllshit like "I'm a responsible driver" or "I won't get in an accident". Sure you might be lucky, but it's not worth it. You will get in an accident sometime in your life.

You don't even have to get full coverage, just get some coverage. Don't be an idiot.

Originally posted by fatbastard

care to share more scams and stories of money saving with deperate fuck ups thirsty for information??

<span style='color:black'>Yeah hit up my email.

It would be rediculously expensive for me to get insurance on any car no matter what kind. The last time I called in some quotes on an 82 riviera, the agents first question for me was "Are you sitting down?" It came out to something like $250 a month for liabillity only, and that was before I got the majority of my tickets and my DUI. I don't even want to know what this shit would cost me.

Another way that you could get cheap insurance is have an older adult with a fairly clean driving record be the main person insured on the car and have you be insured as an occasional driver. It's only a few dollars extra.

Word life.</span>

If you get pulled over and you don't have insurance...you will get a hefty ticket and possibly an impound......if you get insurance before your court date...they usually drop the ticket and you won't get stuck....I've been through it a few times-no big deal....good luck.