¬ ¬ ¬ I just saw The Matrix : Revolutions ¬ ¬ ¬

-Rage-

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by metallix

Why did you not sneak in a camcorder?

Are you crazy!?

There was mass patroling of the theater every twenty minutes to make sure that DIDN'T happen. There were even guards outisde the auditorium doors to make sure no one snuck in.

Why do you think they are releasing this movie WORLDWIDE simultaneously at the same hour?

They don't want it on the streets earlier than when it is released elsewhere. Thus, it's being released all over the world within the same hour.

Yeah well for Reloaded, I was the in the first showing on the East coast in the US. beat that. They screened it fifteen minutes early......RAAAAR.

Yeah well, Im about to order my tickets, as usual I cant wait to go see it. Im excited to see it wrap up, and hopefully in a good way.

If I remember last time as well for Reloaded, the real quality "bootleg" releases still didnt come out till it was screened so I assume security is tight all around for the Matrix project.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Swiffer Jet

there's movie theatres in puerto rico?

Well... we have a puppet theater. I mean, it's all wire fighting, so it shouldn't be too far off the real thing.

matrix HYPE!

Dude i think I seen in total about three previews for this god forsaken movie and it came out today...............talk about a fucked up marketing promotion....I heard WB pulled from the marketing of the third matrix cause the screened and it sucked ass so bad plus they were realesing it way to close to the last sequel they said fuck this shit told the wachoszky(pollacks) to shove this third entry up thier butt and bailed.................should i wait for DVD?

I think you heard some bullshit, dude.

The only promotion this movie needed was Matrix Reloaded. There was no point in spending an ungodly amount of money all over again.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

There was no point in spending an ungodly amount of money all over again.

I was talking about this point with a friend yesterday

and he compared it to Pepsi advertising. Sure everyone

already knows about Pepsi, but if they stop advertising

then they've lost the 'cola-wars'.

It's a similar thing with big movies coming out.

Sure every person who enjoyed the first Matrix will probably

want to go and see this one, but some people might not have

seen it and their desire to see it is limited. For example:

I was watching a movie with a girl and she saw the trailer

for the new LOTR flick. She hadn't seen the other 2 movies,

but the trailer was so exciting that she wants to see all 3 flicks now.

The trailers and advertising aren't designed for us. It's for people

who haven't got hooked yet.

My girlfriend mentioned this to me last night, saying she was surprised she barely saw any kind of hype for it, I also said that all you needed was reloaded, but having thought about it, I am a little surprised too, it seemed that the hype for reloaded was more than for revolutions and the need to go see it as well, I dont know, Its going to be interesting to see its first week earnings and all.

NOT A SPOILER!

Timeline: When Is 'The Matrix'?

Nov 4, 2:17 PM EST

What is the Matrix?

That's an old question. The real head-scratcher is:

When is the Matrix?

Using background culled from the three movies and "Animatrix" shorts, The Associated Press compiled an estimated timeline of the war between men and machines:

2010-60 — Humans create humanoid drone robots with Artificial Intelligence to fill jobs as construction laborers and servants.

2069 — The hovercraft transport ship Nebuchadnezzar, later to be captained by Morpheus, is constructed in the United States.

2075 — AI programs evolve and some robots began to resent their human overlords.

2077 — In the first case of a machine rising up against its owners, the butler robot B166ER slaughters two humans, leading to B166ER's eradication and a backlash against robots and artificial intelligence.

2080-85 — Rioting and violence against machines prompts robots to flee major cities and establish their own community — known as Zero One — in a remote part of the Middle East.

2085-2095— Zero One thrives, creating superior vehicles, computers and weaponry and decimating the economies of many human nations, which now lack the machine-based labor that made them strong.

2096— United Nations officials refuse to accept the robot civilization of Zero One as a sovereign nation. A trade blockade of robot goods leads to war.

2097 — Zero One survives a nuclear attack — its inhabitants are impervious to the heat and radiation and casualties are quickly replaced. Counterstrikes launched against humans.

2098 — As cities fall beneath the might of mechanized forces, desperate military leaders attempt to block the main source of energy for the robot city: the sun. The plan destroys the atmosphere and fills the sky with choking black smoke — but does not stop the machines.

2099— Machine forces overtake human armies and capture survivors and civilians for experimentation, determining that human bio-electricity can be harnessed to replace the sun's energy.

2100 — Machines create the Matrix, a dream-like world set in 1999, to extend the lives of the comatose human batteries.

2105 — The first human known as The One, locked in bondage inside the Matrix, learns he can manipulate the world through thought and manages to break free. Seeks sanctuary in the underground human stronghold of Zion.

2105-2150 — Zion resistance movement created, although The One later dies under unexplained circumstances.

2161 — Morpheus born in a Matrix womb; freed in childhood.

2167 — Trinity born in a Matrix womb; freed in early childhood.

2175 — The Oracle prophesizes that Morpheus will discover the second coming of The One.

2199 — Trinity and Morpheus discover Neo, a hacker in the Matrix. They free him and do battle with Agent Smith, a program designed to rid the Matrix of humans who detect its flaws.

2201 — The Osiris, another human rebellion ship, discovers machines drilling through the Earth above Zion. Crew members send a message through the Matrix to their compatriots shortly before being destroyed.

2201 — Now living in Zion and working with the rebellion against the machines, Neo encounters The Architect, the artificial intelligence program that created the Matrix.

2201 —The Architect reveals that the Matrix places rebellious humans in Zion, which it then targets for destruction, thus eradicating "bugs" in its system. He states that Zion has been destroyed five previous times — suggesting the Matrix may be much older than he thinks.

Copyright 2003 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

*I hopefully will see it today – that is if my buddy wakes up in time for a matinee viewing.

^That was fucking awesome. Thanks for posting that.

Kilo, I see what you're saying. I am a bit surprised that there hasn't been much hype, but I still think it's because they overdid it so much for Reloaded that they may have felt like it was time to tone it down. I heard a bunch of people complaining about the Matrix overhype before Reloaded came, and I bet WB heard the complaints too, and figured they ddn't want to alienate further. Also, since these two movies were marketed essentially as one, they probably spent almost all their budget with the first one.

The Pepsi analogy, well, Pepsi does have a cola to compete against, Revolutions does not. Reloaded had to match the hype for the average Hollywood blockbuster, even though it came out just before the shit hit the fan. I guess Revolutions does have LOTR3, but that still opens a month later, and the Christmas hype never quite matches the summer.

Guest me IS cool

Holy shit this is hott. I have to go see it the pictures alone are enough! Time to skip my $500 dollar an hour class. See you all in the lobby.:king:

Oh by the way does anybody know if this is going straight to the regular theatre or is it in iMAX too?