What words or phrases have you added to your vocabulary thanks to 12oz?

Poop Man Bob

Words/phrases you either read for the first time or saw repeatedly used on 12oz .. and then eventually added them to your vocabulary.

• Holler.
    Hollertronic. (which I have recently expanded to Hollertronicalismoner)
    Oh snap. (12oz and Zoolander both take credit)
    A winner is you.
    <span style='color:gold'>Adding "pants" at the end of everything.</span> (thanks to Mams for the last two)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damnit the first thing i thought of was wonk saggin.

but seriously i just finished my 11th grade research paper and i did it on cloning. i am for cloning but only cuz some guy said he was for cloning before me so now im stuck doing my speach on how cloning is so wonderful. and im gonna end up looking like an asshole because no one likes cloning. Then m class is gonna be like, whats that kids problem. and im like screw u white crapes im outie

i learned that putting ola at the end of every word makes it coolola

Originally posted by fatbastard

Please Beleive!

holler!

i got hollertronic from hesh, who got it from philly.

johnny has proven to be a wealth of good sayings:

"ooffah" "high falootin" "bup bup bu bu beep boo' (ok, its not exactly like that, but those who know what im talking about, will know how funny it is)

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

i am rather embarassed to admit that have caught myself saying both hollertronic and wonk saggin out loud... tho mainly while drunk...

Did you also say L.O.L out loud when something was funny? did you have to go to the bathroom for a second so you said B.R.B...instead of rolling your eyes do you just blert out : ROLL EYES :

do people often loook at you with puzzled looks on their faces?

I guess my friend got the phrase "talking mad head" from here, then I started saying it without realizing it until another friend said "what the fuck does talking head mean?"

What the fuck DOES talking mad head mean? Why not talking elbow? Talking mad toes? Stupid debasement of vocabulary....

Another one I never heard before I came here is "jock". I'm still a little confused if it means someone is a groupie or an asshole.

And I never heard "art fag" before I came here. Hahaha, I kid.

Originally posted by fatbastard

Did you also say L.O.L out loud when something was funny? did you have to go to the bathroom for a second so you said B.R.B...instead of rolling your eyes do you just blert out : ROLL EYES :

do people often loook at you with puzzled looks on their faces?

i am however proud to say that i have never even used any of those on the computer...

i'd like to think that if i didnt outright bring 'art fag' to the forum, that i certainly helped to rocket it to stardom. i'd also like to take a certain amount of credit for 'abstract' (or atleast its wide spread use from 99-01). and finally, i'd like to acknowledge the fact that i took 'seeking' from being a lowly verb, and forever changing it into a 'noun' thus reminding you of me, every time you ever see it in print.

ps. i'd like to thank 12oz for making .hopesfall. part of my daily vocabulary.

fermentor666

"Talking Heads" is a reference to TV, like TV newscasters, where all you see on the screen is some guy wearing a suit coat, tie and a blow-dry haircut. Basically, anything that is talking heads is boring, over-intellectualized bullshit. Bring on the car crashes! Fuckin'-A!

I think Joker brought art fag to the forum, however i have used that term since 92 at least and consider it to be pretty common-ie, the majority of people on a graffiti forum would know enough about art culture to be familiar with the term art fag. I would have to remain with the same base of logic for abstract since it is general term for art that was around far before graffiti made its debut and since graffiti is art most have a grasp on what could be construed as an abstraction.

as for thinking of you every time i see the verb seeking . I dont and regard that as some homoerotic ego complex im not affected with.

but hey, i try to bite all my terms from the real world.

Originally posted by seeking

i'd like to think that if i didnt outright bring 'art fag' to the forum, that i certainly helped to rocket it to stardom. i'd also like to take a certain amount of credit for 'abstract' (or atleast its wide spread use from 99-01). and finally, i'd like to acknowledge the fact that i took 'seeking' from being a lowly verb, and forever changing it into a 'noun' thus reminding you of me, every time you ever see it in print.

ps. i'd like to thank 12oz for making .hopesfall. part of my daily vocabulary.

Originally posted by old*824

I think Joker brought art fag to the forum, however i have used that term since 92

I'm not sure, but I can remember having an 'art fag' discussion around here a long long time ago...

As I said then, and maintain now... that term was in full effect in Orlando in 88... It didn't mean (and, to me doesn't now mean) anything to do with art... it's a shortened term for 'Artificial Faggot'... It was used to describe all the 'punk rock' kids who dressed up like Robert Smith from the Cure and loved all that Bronski Beat sound.

I'm sure Joker also experienced the same fashion as it happened... He MIGHT have even liked the Bronski Beat but... The kids I hung out with got that label every so often but we were more into Joy Division, Bauhaus, Skinny Puppy, Ministry, Revolting Cocks... We called ourselves 'Spooks'... later all the posers in the nation jumped on the fad and renamed it 'Goth'...

Anyway, whoever brought the term around here, it was certainly nothing new...

*I suppose it was vaugley synonymous with 'Metrosexual'

Archived