Indiana Jones on DVD

RumPuncher

Please believe I coped this the Day it came out!

I get to the store like 20seconds after they close

and I'm tapping on the window. This guy comes to the

mail slot and says "what do you want?"

'You guys going to have the Indiana Jones boxed set?'

'We already have it.'

'Can I buy it right now. I'll be quick I swear.'

'Well..... widescreen or fullscreen?'

'Widescreen of course!'

'Ok... come on in.'

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00003CXC5.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg'>

I watched Raiders last night.

More to come

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I wish they still made movies like Raiders with all of the elaborate sets and non-computer generated effects. I mean, the scene where the nazi spys face melts may be corny to the youngsters today but man, that shit freaked me out when i went to see it with my parents in the theater when i was younger.

Good adventure movies died when Indie's whip stopped crackin'

Originally posted by Pinup

what a fulfulling life you lead ;)

If you only knew the half.

So I was really suprised by Raiders.

I mean I watched it tons as a kid but I was shocked

to see just how action-packed it was by today's standards.

I mean it was wall-to-wall action. As soon as one thing was

done, the next big thing was on you. I really think that Raiders

was the best action movie of the past 30 years. There's good ones...

but the action compliments the storytelling moreso than you'll find today.

Even with something like the Matrix, the action can seem a bit gratitous at times.

Guest im not witty

indys whip will be cracking sometime soon. (maybe more later than sooner) but eventually. they are working on a 4th installment.

please baleeb it.

I AGREE KILO7

Originally posted by Kilo7-

If you only knew the half.

So I was really suprised by Raiders.

I mean I watched it tons as a kid but I was shocked

to see just how action-packed it was by today's standards.

I mean it was wall-to-wall action. As soon as one thing was

done, the next big thing was on you. I really think that Raiders

was the best action movie of the past 30 years. There's good ones...

but the action compliments the storytelling moreso than you'll find today.

Even with something like the Matrix, the action can seem a bit gratitous at times.

dITTO

Indiana Jones 4 2005

Release Date: July 1st, 2005 (estimated) (wide)

Release Date Note: (10/3/03) There have been conflicting reports (at least one of them originating from Paramount itself) that this film is aiming for either July 1st, 2005 (a Friday) or July 4th, 2005 (a Monday). The 1st seems more likely, but there have been rare cases in the past when movies were released on the 4th even though it fell on an unusual movie release day (Die Hard 2: Die Harder was the most-profile one; it was released on a Tuesday). Batman: Intimidation is also aiming for that weekend, and it is equally unclear as to whether WB intends to release it on Friday the 1st or Monday the 4th. My hunch is that it is the 1st in both cases; but my more relevant hunch is that ultimately, one of these movies will flinch. I think it's unlikely both movies would open against each other.

Title Note: As with the 2nd and 3rd films (and the first has now been retroactively retitled), this film will be something like Indiana Jones and the... [something]. It's the "something" that isn't currently known.

Distributor: Paramount Pictures

Producer Note: George Lucas has been part of the Indy process for all three of the previous films, and would surely need/want to be part of the 4th film as well. This is noteworthy, as he's already quite busy with another project: Star Wars.

Cast: Harrison Ford (Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones Jr.), Sean Connery (Dr. H. Jones Sr.), Karen Allen (cameo) (Marion Ravenwood), Kate Capshaw (cameo) (Wilhelmina Scott), John Rhys-Davies (Sallah); Other cast are not yet announced.

Cast Notes: (9/21/00) Ford mentioned in a recent interview that he hopes Sean Connery will return for the sequel. (9/26/00) Cinescape landed the scoop this week that Michelle Yeoh has been in talks for a role. (1/27/02) Fox News, talking to Steven Spielberg at the Golden Globes, broke the story that his wife, Kate Capshaw, will be costarring. (6/22/02) Talking to IGN FilmForce this week, Spielberg confirmed that Sean Connery will be returning as Jones, Sr. He'll probably be wearing some "old guy" makeup, since by math, his character will probably be considerably older than the 74 is in real life (when this films). Even if he isn't, Connery might want you to think so, anyway. Ford (60) and Connery (72) are only 12 years apart in age. Without "old guy" makeup, they might appear more like brothers in this film than son and father. The same addressed this week an unsourced rumor/report posted at the IMDb's WENN news service that Callista Flockhart, who has been dating Harrison Ford for a while now, may also have a role (per request from Harrison). This is the first I've heard of it; let's see if any other mainstream news source picks this up or, better yet, confirms it. (6/25/02) I guess we can get used to hearing what sound like ca-razy casting scoops, because the latest rumor sent to AICN claims famous son Colin Hanks might also have a role. Here's a guess... maybe he plays Henry Jones III, and Callista Flockhart plays his girlfriend (though given the Ford/Flockhart age difference she could just as easily play his sister... :). Just guesses, just guesses, folks. (6/27/02) HarrisonFordWeb.com reports that Ford was asked by "Access Hollywood" this week about the Flockhart rumor, and he flatly denied it. Gosh, it sure would help if the IMDB's WENN news service would credit their sources, because it's so difficult to verify stories from them. (7/25/02) Ford told "Chicago Sun-Times" columnist Cindy Pearlman that there are definitely no plans for Indy to have a son. He didn't, however, say that Indy doesn't have a daughter (not that he does; I just noticed the gender specificity). (6/19/03) This will be the fourth film (obviously :) Harrison Ford has starred in for director Steven Spielberg. The only actor that's appeared in more of Spielberg's movies (other than his own cameos) is stuntman/extra Ted Grossman, who's been in five (he played one of Indy's porters in the opening Peruvian sequence of Raiders of the Lost Ark, for example).

Director: Steven Spielberg (Saving Private Ryan, Jaws, Jurassic Park, Minority Report, Catch Me If You Can, many other popular favorites; next up before this is Terminal)

Director Notes: (2/10/03) "Variety" reports that Stephen Spielberg is planning on directing pal Tom Hanks again in a film called "Terminal" (preview page coming soon). Although it would be quite possible for Spielberg to finish that film long before the estimated May, 2004 production start date for this Indiana Jones movie, the article mentions that there is a possibility that Spielberg *could* decide to bump up filming to sometime in 2003 instead. If he does... we will definitely hear more soon, I'd suspect. My hunch, though, is that filming will remain scheduled for May, 2004.

Screenwriter: Frank Darabont ('The Green Mile,' 'The Shawshank Redemption'; also wrote several episodes of the "The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones" TV series; next up before this are Collateral and Fahrenheit 451)

Screenwriter Notes:

6/03/02 - Before Frank Darabont signed on, other writers that were approached about the job were M. Night Shyamalan ("The Sixth Sense") and Tom Stoppard ("Empire of the Sun", "Enigma").

Based Upon: This is, of course, the 4th in the world-famous Indiana Jones series. The third film was 1989's Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Indiana Jones, is of course, an archaelogist who has amazing, roller-coaster-ride adventures, usually in the 1930's, but this 4th film, released over 12 years after the last, may be set as far in the future as the 1950's or 1960's when Indy is about the age that Harrison Ford is now. (6/3/02) My guess on the setting has been confirmed. Also, the specific "source" for Darabont's script is a story idea by George Lucas, which has been approved by both Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg.

Premise: This isn't known, to the slightest degree. Check out the Reality Check site linked below... there you can read about ELEVEN possiblities that have been either reported or rumored in recent years. Yikes. With Harrison Ford saying he's waiting for a script everyone likes, it's very likely that the script that eventually gets made may not be one of those 11 at all (or maybe it will be... hard to tell). Anyway, 11 different stories is just too much for me to get into, so I refer you to Indyfan.com for now. (6/3/02) Not much is known yet about the story that Frank Darabont is working on, except that it is set in the 1950's.

Genre: Action, Eye Candy, Historical, Sequel, Supernatural

Filming: Production is scheduled to start in the summer of 2004.

Filming Notes: (4/22/02) Michael Fleming of Variety reports that Lucas and crew hope to start filming sometime in 2004... but that's far from confirmed until there's a script everyone likes. (6/3/02) Talking to Cinescape, Steven Spielberg said the target is to start filming in April or May of 2004 to make the early July, 2005 release. (12/17/02) Filming may now be scheduled to start a little later in 2004 than May. (2/10/03) With Steven Spielberg also committed to direct a movie called "Terminal" (preview page coming soon) in the fall of 2003, it's possible the production start date of this film will be changed to accomodate it. (4/15/03) Production is still scheduled to start in 2004.

Unofficial Actor Fan Site: HarrisonFordWeb.com

Unofficial Series Fan Site: IndyFan.com (This site is pretty comprehensive, frequently updated, and worth watching. Here's also a link directly to their Reality Check section about this project). (6/1/00) Another fansite is theraider.net.

Official Site: indianajones.com

Official Site Note: (3/13/00) Nothing there yet about this new film, but you can certainly find things about the first three, as well as the Young Indiana Jones series of telefilms now out on video. It's interesting to note that they've numbered the series so Last Crusade is #25, which would make this film #26. (6/15/03) There's still nothing there about this movie.

jumped the gun?

Raiders was made in 1981,

Temple in 1984 and Crusade in 1989.

There's no way those digital wankers (Lucas and Speilberg) are going

to make another raw action movie like they did back then. And two words

for the people who honestly think they can add to the trillogy.... Star Wars

yeah!

IMDB's Indiana 4

Originally posted by Europe

One of the best movie trilogies ever...

yep... along side Porky's and Ski School!

has anyone else seen the SouthPark where the kids

try to steal the print to Raiders so that Speilberg wont

fuck it up when he rereleases it? Shit's hitting too close to home.

I mean he puts fucking Ewoks in the Opening Jungle scene!

anyone else see it?

Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by SteveAustin

I'm planning on getting the Matrix boxed set.

Lord of the Rings...box set. :cool:

possibly 11hours+ of dorkdom

Originally posted by WebsterUno

oh hell yeah!

who wants to meet me in Colorado Springs to watch the first two installments followed by newly released final installment on Dec. 16th...a full day early? I've already got the boxed set of books.

p r e c i o u s ....

Originally posted by WebsterUno

oh yeah!

they are re releasing the fellowship and the 2 towers in december in theaters but both versions will be the extendend ones. fellowship has over 30 min of new footage, and the 2 towers will have 40.

i need to buy them!

but the raiders boxed is essential!

yeah, they last movies to be slightly close to them in action, quality, etc. definitly has to be the LOTR trilogy!

for real, I need to go get this, Im just worried its goin to probably be 40 bucks or something, its still worth it probably, its hard to beat the Indy trilogy in terms of just pure movie enjoyment.

How much did you but it for?

And yeah That south park was fucking great, did you see the special on southpark where they said that episode was one of the only ones they got like a serious kinda mad letter from spielberg to them? kinda like praising them but at the same time shaming them? good stuff.

Archived