"wild style"....or not

Stat..125

you guys are looking at this all wrong.

what makes you think some herb all fitted out in Evercrappie and Bitch is gonna have enough brains to find a good spot. shit...they'll probably roll right up in mommy's Land Rover and try to park in the main lot. you know lots of nice asphalt so they can walk right up to a car.

at least this will keep all the cops happy. they can bust all these dumb-ass rich kids posing, brag to their superiors and the general public that they're making a difference and take the heat off the real writers.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

haha. a graffiti movie...well, hope Raven and every other owner of a graffiti supply store is ready to become very rich very fast. that and clothing designers...they'll grab up some of that business from the teens who think being a writer is what's cool at the time. it's all good, this movie will be released, graffiti will get popular, those kids will meet real writers and be beaten, decide they don't like graffiti, and move on to whatever. they'll just pass through graffiti. maybe, maybe it'll inspire a ten year old and we'll get another great writer...he'll be talking about how that movie inspired him to start writing, and then he realized that the movie was gay, but kept writing because he enjoyed it...maybe. just be optimistic. let's write hate mail to that director

If you look at it the right way, you could make that movie and the anticipated surge in graffiti popularity pay you. Do some canvas stuff or commission work that these misguided people are going to latch onto. Instead of looking at it negatively, make that movie work for you. Like Casek said, think of all the "cool" kids who are going to need maazines and tips and whatever else. These graffiti store owners may come out of this o.k.

On another note, why get mad anyway. Style Wars and Wild Style caused a pretty big part of graffiti today. Its just a big cycle of recycled junk.

on a side note......

i'm not one to rock mesh hats nowadays......even though i've been doing that shit for years....i decided to pull out my old..yellow mesh hat that i used decocolor paint markers to write in big blockish throwee letters " ORO" in blue,black and silver...

i rocked it at a haunted house a week or so ago and everybody just started at me like i was some urban myth come to life....then one girl i sorta know said that" wow you look like a real hipster!".......what the hell is a hipster?...so after i proceeded to cover the bathroom with my name...

damn i lost track with my point....

mooooooooooooooooooooooooo

from the urban dictionary:

HIPSTER

"Hip-ss-terr" Click once to rate this definition: (votes: 20)

someone, usually a teenager or 20something, who adheres to a counterculture ranging from indy-rockers to neo-hippies to skaters. they tend to define themselves by the music they listen to, and the outlandish clothes they wear. hipsters are opposed to other countercultures like goths, metal-heads, and gangstas, and they also avoid preps, eurotrash, white trash, and jocks

question: why does he only listen to bands that are never played on the radio?

answer: he's a hipster

HIPSTER

"Hip-ss-terr" Click once to rate this definition: (votes: 4)

Rich kids who mock their parents by not working, and who insult the poor by emulating their dress in an "ironic" fashion.

My favorite bar on the LES got discovered by hipsters recently. So much for that place.

Recommend for deletion

Since we're talking sidenotes and pimping graffiti..... I had a morbid experiance yesterday.

I decided to walk through Brooklyn and visit a lot of the boutiques listed on the Shops Thread on here... to my dismay I've realized something: I could go to Detroit, CLEAR OUT a thrift shop for $5,000 and bring everything here. Next I spend about a month drawing and printing up cheesy as bombs and handstyles on to iron-on paper. I repeat this with pieces by people like Cycle, Duro, and some great unknown and iron their shit onto t-shirts and the tops of purses. I order a few thousand packs of Obey stickers and place them under glass along with a whole bunch of black leather/spikey things andbullshit material beanies with loose threads hanging off and earth tone color schemes with the occasional pink. I go home photoshop up some 'design murals' out of copies of copies of Warhol-like designs along with the occasional TV Icon.

Next, I take all this shit, push it into a little store and play some latin-soul, Sonics, Pixies or or something else of equal Contemporary-70's value. I hire a few small Asian girls to sell my goods along with a short stocky guy with a shaved head that wears T5 Soul shit, 2 guys that look like Chad Muska, and one Jamie Thomas.

I throw a couple Anime/Manga goods into the store and call it something like Virtue or Degeneration and make sure it's somewhere near Union Square.

VOILA! All of a sudden the clothes I spent $5,000 dollars on are worth a total value of $30,000. A $3 immitation Adidas zippie goes for $45 and a 1986 Detroit Tigers windbreaker goes for $75. I get a couple bullshit, unheard of companies/"designers" to throw me a few knit sweaters with simple graphics that somehow include the image of a hand and drip for $80 a pop and turn around and sell these for $560.

I can now make you an individual ready to dabble into college design courses, street photography, and 'urban culture' enthusism. The more my store looks more like an art gallery than a clothing store and the less I actually have in it... the more the clothes are worth, regardless of quality and/or availibility elsewhere.

Call me names and flick boogers at me... but yesterday I wanted to kill a lot of people and puke on a lot of over-priced rags. WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DEAL WITH THIS SHIT?

lets pool a group effort ... get somone to sneak you in the back door of the theater like you did back in the day ... bomb the bottom of the screen and walk out. that way any fool who paid $$ for this will have to look at it with your bomb showing thru the whole time and be reminded of the destruction graf is based on. anyone wanna join in ???

do a silver fill ... and it will really fuck with their eyes as all the images bouce off the silver.

aaaahhhh the therapy of thinking evil thoughts is so nice.

Archived