How much does a night out cost you?

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Kilo7-

nope.

Living my friend... it's called living

and you'd never pay a cover? What if there's a band playing

and you know that you like the music? That cover usually goes

into the bands pocket and there's nothing wrong about that.

I'll gladly pay for a show (or a good dj) but I'll think twice before

paying cover just for 'atmosphere'.

Hahaha....living yes. But we all know you're a high roller. I on the other hand, am not. So I can live, but only on a budget :D

And well yes I would pay cover to get into a place where a band is playing. But trust me, my kind of music would not play in a place where I would have to. Paying $10 to sit in a place with needlessly loud dance music, expensive drinks, and full of gelled haired fobs slipping mickeys into girls drinks while they make asses of themselves on the dancefloor....well, that's just not my scene.

Maybe if I could afford it....... ;)

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

Paying $10 to sit in a place with needlessly loud dance music, expensive drinks, and full of gelled haired fobs slipping mickeys into girls drinks while they make asses of themselves on the dancefloor....well, that's just not my scene.

It's really fun to be an outsider looking in.

I really enjoy watching drunk fools hitting on drunker floosies.

I mena they need to get out of the dating pool and move out

to the burbs as quick as possible. Then the exciting girls will

be much easier to find with all the wankers gone.

anyways... we agree. A good band is worth the money and I think a good DJ

can be worth it too. I paid $30 to see DJ Rectangle once and I'd do it again.

I'll be paying $15 to see DJ Sneak in a few weeks. Some cats are worth it.

budgeting is nice and all. ideally i know i should budget as you can tell, sf is one expensive shit hole to live in. but i seriously cant help myself. once i start partying, there is no end sometimes.

and i usually dont pay for covers either. and if it is a band showing, we usually know the people in the band. and we decided to never go clubbing. not our kinda thing.

It's really fun to be an outsider looking in.

I really enjoy watching drunk fools hitting on drunker floosies.

I mena they need to get out of the dating pool and move out

to the burbs as quick as possible. Then the exciting girls will

be much easier to find with all the wankers gone.

Hahahaha....I agree wholeheartedly. Everytime I get dragged to a club, my only source of entertainment is derived from observing these fools. You should come party here....drunken cowboys and their failed attempts at impressing girls with line dancing is something else.....

Anyway back to the topic at http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon26.gif'>

glad I'm not the only one who listed that. be honest folks!

I didn't list party favors because my party favors tend to last me a good month or so (I only party with said party favors once a week or so, thus sttrreeetching it out). If I were to list 'em, it would be $60.

http://www1.sphere.ne.jp/robin/pilot/icon/Music4.gif'> If you don't give a blarg, we don't give a kleekloo http://www1.sphere.ne.jp/robin/pilot/icon/Music4.gif'>

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Ube: Yeah, I have, a couple of times... always because I don't have a choice, since a good amount of my PR friends in the states are actually the kind of people I described. But actually Avalon I didn't mind as much, it seemed to me to be a generic superclub. We spent the most time downstairs at Embassy, Avalon's retarded latin cousin, where I realized I knew 90% of the people there and wanted to punch them all in the face. Everyone impeccably dressed, with the raised eyebrow face, pinky outstretched on the drinks, thinking they were all bigshot latin ballers dancing their cute little salsa. It wasn't even fun to look at and laugh, it was just disgusting, especially when these people are my friends. I would go upstairs to get away from it, dance a little, get bored out of my ass, and go back downstairs... then repeat the cycle. Hated every second.

I am definitely not the dress-up type, for any reason other than as mockery, or really seldom very special occasions where it's really warranted. Going out to dance and drink does not in any way warrant me getting dressed up. I see dress codes as a way to weed out those who can't afford nice clothes and expensive drinks from the high-class attendees so the club maintains a sophisticated image and makes serious bank. I've found that the former kind of people are MUCH more fun to hang out with.

As much as I agree with mamerro's 'weeding out theory' there

are a few occasions where the dress code is usefull. There's a pool

hall in my area that's a cheesy dance club on weekends. They have

a bunch of neo-yuppies (and some o.g.'s too) and they were having a

problem with gangs of Portugese thugs. The simple way to avoid

conflicts was to keep them out. No sneakers, hats or sports wear will

keep most of them back from the front door. In situations like that I approve.

In most cased a dress code means 'check your personality at the door'.

This one guy I know will get really mad when someplace doesn't let

him in when he's wearing sandals and some ratty pants. He thinks every

bar would be glad to take his money. I guess he doesn't understand that

by letting him in the place, a lot of the neo-yupps will think the bar has

gone downhill and started letting in the riffraff. I see the club's point.

Originally posted by nomadawhat

SUM = $1,338,498.00

no wonder it was a finacial disaster, baller!!!

Ahahaha! The Continental Comma strikes again.

(For those not in the know, almost all Euros with the exception of the English use a comma instead of a decimal point.)

A night out... well, not much. Most of my expenditure is breadcrumbs... wonk saggin.

Normal week (3 nights out... Mon/Thurs/Fri)

£5 Smokes (I'm not a heavy smoker)

£15 Beer (£1 pint night Monday... bartending friends Friday/Saturday... other nights I have to shell out. This money translates to approximately 30 pints a week. That's 10 pints a night.)

£10 Spirits (bottle ---> flask... yeah hobo style, but whatever.)

And that's £30 for the week... that's about $48, or a small Canadian fortune. I'm not counting bread money.

Night with special event

£5 Smokes (I'm not a heavy smoker)

£35 Beer (Most places that have events I don't know any of the staff)

£10 Ticket (For the band/event/whatever)

£50 in one night. $80. Canada's GNP.

...Yeah, well.

(with apologies to Canadians.)

Originally posted by Spike

A night out... well, not much. Most of my expenditure is breadcrumbs... wonk saggin.

nice one!

That was truly deserving of the Wonk Saggin™

An average friday night four years and a half years ago for me and my gf.....hmm, maybe about $200-$250 dollars. 3-4 hits of E, weed, money for the club cover, smokes, drinks, maybe some acid, more drinks, tips, etc.... sheee-it

Now? Six pack of pabst, a dime bag, thai takeout and a movie....$20

As much as I agree with mamerro's 'weeding out theory' there

are a few occasions where the dress code is usefull. There's a pool

hall in my area that's a cheesy dance club on weekends. They have

a bunch of neo-yuppies (and some o.g.'s too) and they were having a

problem with gangs of Portugese thugs. The simple way to avoid

conflicts was to keep them out. No sneakers, hats or sports wear will

keep most of them back from the front door. In situations like that I approve.

In most cased a dress code means 'check your personality at the door'.

This one guy I know will get really mad when someplace doesn't let

him in when he's wearing sandals and some ratty pants. He thinks every

bar would be glad to take his money. I guess he doesn't understand that

by letting him in the place, a lot of the neo-yupps will think the bar has

gone downhill and started letting in the riffraff. I see the club's point.

I see what your saying, in fact, it's the one thing I'm always told whenever the issue pops ups amongst my friends.

However, I can point out several very popular clubs and bars that avoid such problems not with a dress code, but by making sure they set the correct ambiance, and tailor the music played at a select crowd. The bar near my house, Shannan's, is one of, if not THE, most popular bar in PR, gathers an insanely large crowd, and it has no dress code whatsoever. It gets an awesome, respectful, fun-loving crowd because of the way the place is tailored (Irish sports bar, throwback rock music). Thugs avoid the place because it simply isn't their style (they also have huge fucking bouncers). And still, regardless of the dress code, most people there dress well, which I am fine with, because it's their choice. Not only that, but cover is $3 and drinks are $5 or less.

This summer, shootings sprang out at two different clubs in PR, both with strict dress codes. The reason? The music they played and the crowd they attracted was shady as fuck.

Ube, I also see what you're saying, but if you have to dress up for work everyday, wouldn't it make that even MORE of a reason to dress down to relax and have fun?

wow.

i don't spend anything on going out.

i generally get weeded before i leave the house, so i supply myself with that on a monthly basis for a few hundy.

and while out, i don't drink.

so unless i go out for dinner ($5-20)

or a movie ($10)

i'm not spending much.

i don't even gas up a car!

..and i usually look like someone who just left a train yard.

i think it varies from city to city.

Boston is a bit different just based on the fact it's a college town. Most of the non-dressy places are predominantly college bars. now i'm not opposed to college kids as i once was one, but i'm not into it so much anymore as i get older. the sticky, stinky bars and bathrooms, the beer all over the place including being spilled all over me don't appeal to me as much as they used to. i'm cool with my local bar, that has cheap drinks and is relatively clean and no dress code but a lot of the other bars with no dress code are too packed with people that aren't very respectful. i dunno, i haven't found the happy medium. it's either the expensive snobby places or the dirty college bars. maybe i just haven't found the niche.

Originally posted by ubejinxed

maybe i just haven't found the niche.

that's probably it.

There's nice places that cater to all types in most every city.

I certainly have an easy time finding a place to drink.

:krunk:

$200 - 8ball of coke

$300 - lap dances at the strip club

$100 - Rub and Tug after the strip club

$50 - hot tub option at the rub'n'tug

$1000 - bail

just another night for the rockstar!

(and you know that I'm kidding about the above right?)

Originally posted by ubejinxed

maybe i just haven't found the niche.

Yeah, it took me quite a while to find mine in Providence... after years of either one or the other (dirty college bars or snob palaces), I found a couple of nice little joints. One was a small club/pub that on sunday had killer house music and a bboy circle for when I wanted to get my groove on, the other a chill riverside bar strip with open decks and deadly sunsets to sip rum and smoke cigars. Wish I'd found them earlier.

and i thought my homey vinyljunkie was bad, jesus christ!

if i go out, even with the girl, i'm hard-pressed to spend more than twenty on dinner. bars are a fucking ripoff. i'd rather get a couple of 32s of high life and sit at the landfill than pay 4 bucks for a drinkand have to deal with the asshole that bumped into me and spilled it everywhere or listen to the shitty music the drunk girl put on the jukebox. "going out"as an entity is retarded. meet up with your friends and walk around an urban area and brown bag it! you'll see way more entertaining shit on the street than in any dive bar.

i am a hermit i spend everyday in the house. i go out once a month and because of the prices out here i usually regret it.

train round trip $40

meet my friends at a bar $80 per head

if they bring girls $120 per head:chicken:

go out to eat at an izakaiya $100

convenience store beer $30

stay over at a friends house free

meet a girl go to a love hotel $60:krunk:

i love korean seaweed so add another $30

so minimum $280~ maximum $380

ouch!! i am such a cheap ass that usually i beg my friends to just chill outside the convenience store where there is plenty of food, beer, and girls but usually they go to the clubs and i go bombing

Archived