How much does a night out cost you?

RumPuncher

Inspired by the 'Cost of Living Thread'...

How much does it cost you for a night out on the town?

for myself on a normal night

$15 - a 6pack or a bottle to start out

$30 - drinks at the bar

$10 - cover to get into wherever we might go

$10 - cab rides

$10 - smokes, gum and a snack

$75

for myself being generous on a big night

$30 - for a case of beer of a big bottle to have at the pad

$40 - drinks (rounds) at the bar

$20 - cover charge (maybe at a few places)

$60 - party favours (optional)

$30 - cover and a few drinks at the boozecan

$20 - pitching in on afterhours beer delivery

$200

I NEED to have less big nights out.

so what's your excuse?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

usual saturday night:

3 pints- $9

2 pitchers- $14

jukebox- $4

smokes- $5

then i usually end up spending another $10-$20 buying drinks for the bartender, or friends who showed up late, or the girl i'm trying to take home...

total: $42-$52

then after leaving the bar i usually buy 2 40s... so that's another $5 or something...

i have more expensive nights... mainly if i start dipping into hard liquer...

but they don't often get much cheaper...

Guest im not witty

depends on where im at....

like mondays.....dollar domestics. so you do that math, plus 4/5 bucks on foosball/jukebox.

now on the other end of the spectrum, say i just got paid and my boy from philly is in town and he wants to go to the titty bar. well then, the tab could very well reach into the hundreds. not to mention the court costs if we get in trouble after the bars close. haha

I don't usually go out to drink...its a fuckin rip off. I usually bring liquor home and drink with friends, so that doesn't apply to this thread....

however, if i do go out its usually to artsy parties where you drink free wine or kegs where you pay $5. My friend usually drives.

Other than that, if its a chill night out I might catch a movie ($9) and go out to eat ($7).

Yes, I am a cheap polack....avg night out= about $16-20

it depends

if i'm going out with the boy, no money, just make him happy. last saturday he spent $200 on me and my friends.

if i'm going out with the girls

$10-$15 cover

$30 - 2 drinks plus tip

so $40-$45 a night.

i don't like to spend money on drinks and food since there are so many other things i'd rather buy. liiike my new car stereo and vacations.

on a normal night:

$4.00 out the door one for him and one for me - miller high life 40oz

free - wine at the house

free - if we eat in

free - no cover, we usually just go to dive bars

$60 for beers

$64.00 - so far so good

on a friday night:

$6.00 for cider for me depending on the store i go to

$15.00 for 12 pack of bud in can for friends

free - wine at the house

free - munchies

$150 forother stuff, sometimes friends go in on it sometimes its free. so basically party favours

$60 for beers at the bar

$337 - remember not everyday....usually fridays but people go in on it too. so it's not all on me or the hubby.

last night:

free - food. the sports bar that we go to has sunday and monday night football and food is free

beer - $6.00

free - 3 pitchers and 2 jacks and cokes - free because my hubby kicked out a bummy (actually threw him out...he got some distance) that was disrespecting the bar owner. she's a sweetheart.

$30 - party favors

$36.00 - we decided that he would fight all the drunk bummies from now on.

I started to do the math on this when I realized I have some killer friends. If I don't have a hook-up at a bar...one of my boys usually does. With that said...I'll maybe spend a total of $20...usually everything is free. I've hooked some of these people up with some design work and they just pay for it a couple of drinks at a time.

the sponsorship gig I've got also hooks me up with pre-drinks...on the freeside of course.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Jesus Kilo, that's some serious spending...

I very very rarely spend more than $35 on a night out, maybe $50 if I eat out as well. Usually my home is well stocked with beer and hard liquor, and if it isn't, I tell my friends to bring some (I always host pre and afterhours). I seldomly go anywhere with a cover charge of over $10 cause that'll be a guaranteed snob-fest with $7-8 small drinks that I have absolutely no interest in. Well, I'm interested in the incredibly hot chicks that frequent said places, but these are always on the prowl for the Beemer-driving, button-up wearing, gelled-hair-having cheeseball latino neo-yuppies, so my artfag ass has got nothing to look forward to. Finally, virtually no cabs in PR = we drive everywhere.

Guest im not witty
Originally posted by El Mamerro

I seldomly go anywhere with a cover charge of over $10 cause that'll be a guaranteed snob-fest with $7-8 small drinks that I have absolutely no interest in. Well, I'm interested in the incredibly hot chicks that frequent said places, but these are always on the prowl for the Beemer-driving, button-up wearing, gelled-hair-having cheeseball latino neo-yuppies, so my artfag ass has got nothing to look forward to.

ding!

Originally posted by El Mamerro

but these are always on the prowl for the Beemer-driving, button-up wearing, gelled-hair-having cheeseball latino neo-yuppies,

owned!

I have very little intest in those women.

Mostly because I know I couldn't keep up the act.

I would have to transform myself in said 'neo-yuppie'

everytime I see them, and that's not cheep. I've got no time for girls like that.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

^You know it... (*Jesus Christ, this thread is being replied to so damn fast I'm having trouble keeping up with it... that "you know it" was in response to im not witty!)

Word Kilo... I do sometimes dress up the part for kicks, but I keep my drinking down to a bare minimum when I do so. Usually halfway through the night I say "Fuck this, let's buy a case of Bud and drink on my front lawn with the car stereo blaring".

Party favours are also free. If homies wanna party favour it up at my place afterwards, they provide the items.

Guest imported_Tesseract

1 EURO=1,1629 USD

*Easygoing night :

5.40 €- Smokes.

13 €- Metaxa Brandy Bottle(home)

28 €- 4 drinks (minus tips)

3 €- Snack.

Total: 50€ (plus tips)

*Full Fiesta:

8.10 €- Smokes

20 €- Johnny Walker black label bottle (home)

49 €- 7 drinks

20 €- Shots i buy for random girls

6 €- Tips in numerous bars

12 €- Hard Snackin'

Total: 115.10€

SUM:This last month was a financial disaster.

Originally posted by Tesseract

SUM:This last month was a financial disaster.

yeah. what he said.

just replace 'month' with 'year' and now were talking.

Generally my rule is that I'm all about having people back to my pad

after the bar/club/party/whatever... but guys need to provide something.

They can bring bottles or I'll give them the number to an all night delivery service.

Girls can just show up.... but expect to be consentually molested.

I try to not go out and drink too much, it's rediculously expensive and I can't afford to blow my money. When I do, I'll probably spend around $30, and that's on ordering whatevers on special. None of these fancy exotic drinks for me. It's called budgeting. I never go to clubs because I can't stand them, any place that charges you just to get in is crossed off my list automatically.

My usual "nights out" consist of me and friends getting together at one of our houses. The expenditure on these nights really depends on what we have to drink. I'd say combined with splitting for a pizza or something, I'll spend maybe $10 -$15 each time. Unless I get a 40 and no food, in which case, I'll spend under $5.......

Budgeting my friends.....budgeting.

WEEKNIGHTS

5$ cigarettes

10$ 12 pack

--------------

15$

WEEKENDS

5$ cigarettes

30 or 40$ all the alcohol for me in one night. (im getting sick of bars so i usually chill at house parties and whatnot)

---------------------

35-45$

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

Budgeting my friends.....budgeting.

nope.

Living my friend... it's called living

and you'd never pay a cover? What if there's a band playing

and you know that you like the music? That cover usually goes

into the bands pocket and there's nothing wrong about that.

I'll gladly pay for a show (or a good dj) but I'll think twice before

paying cover just for 'atmosphere'.

Archived