Road Warrior Hawk Passes Away

DETO

http://www.geocities.com/clanphnx/hawk.jpg'>

Well-known professional wrestler and Bay area resident Mike Hegstrand passes away

Monday, October 20th

Hegstrand visited the Bay News 9 studios in August.

The world of professional wrestling is mourning death of one of its veteran performers.

Pinellas County resident Mike Hegstrand – who was one half of a popular tag-team known as the Road Warriors -Legion of Doom - passed away in his sleep early Sunday morning he was 46. Cause of death has not been determined.

Several years ago Hegstrand developed a heart condition called Cardiomyopathy and had recently worked his way back to the ring. Back in the 1980s Hegstrand, who went by the name ‘Hawk’ when he wrestled, teamed with partner Joe Laurinatis to form one of the most dominant tag-teams in pro wrestling history.

Hegstrand, who appeared on the Sports Connection with Rock Riley in August, was a born-again Christian. He had recently worked with wrestler-turned-evangelist Ted DiBiase on several wrestling-themed religious events.

http://www.kennyskrib.com/SPW/archive/Hawk_1.jpg'>

AAAAAAGGGHHH WHAT A RUSSSH!!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by jenoz

he was the power house of the road warriors. wresteling is really starting to suck compared to when i was a kid.

what ever happend to rowdy rody piper, the iron sheik,i miss the good ol days of wresteling.

r.i.p. HAWK:cry:

wrestling is seriously fucking gay, in the past few years its changed so much i don't even recognize half the "athletes", there all wrapped up in sex and inuendo, and to boot they had to chang their name to the WWE, now hows that for breaking goddamn tradition, goddamn world wildlife federation being gay,....old wrestling was the best