the state of graff today

jenoz

the state of graffiti today has truly broke my heart. i thought most writers were metal/punk listening beer/whiskey drinking tattooed pieces of shit like me....

i always said fuck your elements of hip hop.what hapeened? when did we go wrong? when did these mtv lokking kids take over?

REAL GRAFF HAS TRULY DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by jenoz

the state of graffiti today has truly broke my heart. i thought most writers were metal/punk listening beer/whiskey drinking tattooed pieces of shit like me....

i always said fuck your elements of hip hop.what hapeened? when did we go wrong? when did these mtv lokking kids take over?

You are a fucking goose. I don't believe in this whole "genre specific" bullshit. I say listen to what you want, dress how you want and do what you want. But in response to your ignorance, graffiti started with hip hop, foolio. Get with the program.

i must say that ive noticed a good majority of the really dope writers as being into punk/hardcore music, consuming mass amounts of beer/liquor and rocking "dickies" pants....

all of which i dont do (well i do drink here and there but...) and for the life of me i cant improve graffiti wise....

maybe i should get with the program...

:lol: :D

your fucking dumb... graffiti has nothing to do with your fucking culture... its putting paint on a surface... THATS IT. stop turing it into a political issue. you shouldnt care what kind of music people listen to. get out of middle school.

I think someone already said this, but, graffiti, 12 Oz kind of graffiti, began with hip-hop. get a clue.

Writing stuff like "smash the state" "G.G. live" and the little anarchy sign are a totally different kind of "graffiti"

No one took over. you're just late on getting to a party thats been over for a long time you douschbag.

sounds like someone got bashed and is having a wah burger and cries

first of all, this thread should be moved.

second... way too much ignorance.

to all you "graffiti started with hiphop!!" kids out there... modern day graffiti as we know it started BEFORE "hiphop". graffiti was the first "element" of the so called 4 elements, so get a clue and learn your fuckin history. graf just sort of got wrapped up in the "hiphop mix" somewhere along the way. get a clue.

the sad state of graf nowadays is because of ignorant kids like you.:tongue:

and i'm into hiphop. but i can get down with a good hardcore track too. then switch it up to a little carmina burana.

hip hop sorta pulled me towards graffiti, but, i listen to alot of different music. graffiti is just somethign you do, it doesn't matter who you are, how you dress, musical tastes, or whatever....and i quote:

you're just late on getting to a party thats been over for a long time you douschbag.

Originally posted by MILE.peasant

hrmm.....when was graffiti ever something that hardcore metal/punk people did?

lol...graffiti is 1 of the 4 elements in hip hop.....always have been, always will be.:crazy:

so please explain how it was an element of "hip hop" in the late 60s/early 70s when graff was already going strong, and there was no hip hop? it really doesnt matter what music you listen to and shit. i think i know what jenoz means in his twisted way. writing has become the latest "underground" trend, just like "underground" hip hop, for kids to jump on. 3 years ago they were all skateboarding, but thats lame now. in a couple of years, im sure theyll be playing "hardcore tiddly winks" or something.

lots of views here.

well isnt that what graf has allways been. the only constant in graf is the art/destruction itself. you can never peg a writer by appareance alone. some kids wear it like the latest trend and you can see them comming a mile away, but thats the exception. If you looked at pictures of the worlds top writers and had no refrence as to who is who, i bet you

would never be able to guess.

Archived