Blaine Emerges After 44 Days in Box

rubbish heap

Originally posted by banjo bob

this just seems kind of obscene. congradulations on being an asshole, david blaine. why not go to somalia to learn 'how strong we are as human beings.' there are people there who are starving without getting payed for it. wow. he willed himself into not eating for 44 days. granted, that's impressive, but considering starvation is still a large problem in the world, fuck your illusions and 'inspirational experiences.' he's in the position to do something good for people less well off, let's see that happen. how about pulling a sandwich out of your ear.:rolleyes:

hey, banjo bob, fuck yourself

give up your lunch for somalian children. david blane has a job as a magician; and he is very good at it. you work at burger king, and damn well know about the animal abuse and the starving kids, but you just bought yourself a spankin' fresh pair of dunks, didn't you. shut up. i'll give you only water for 44 days and watch you die, because that is what will happen. how is he in the position to do something good for people less well off? you mean because he's a magician you want him to magically feed cambodia? or do you mean because he has a job? hey, you probably have a job. you're also very jealous because you are not magic like him.

you are like all those 5th grade wanna-bes going "man, kobe ain't that hardt, he sucks." beat his ass in some one-on-one, get your own shoe deal, end world hunger, then you are allowed to talk. when you become cooler than david blane and do more for somalian children than him, you are allowed to talk...

you could always not eat lunch and save that money and donate it. you could not use the internet and donate that money. you could work two jobs and donate the money from one of them. you could just go fly there and volunteer as a nurse.

Or you could sit at your computer and eat your Fritos.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

some people are so quick to attack shit.

im sure he really went 44 days with no food.

its possible they added some nutrients but i doubt it.

some pittsburgh flavor, excellent post.

thats straight up bullshit about people living for 25 years on no food and the only thing they drink is their own piss. BULLSHIT.

you wouldnt get any calories. therefore your body would go into ketosis, burn all its stored fat, once its done with that, it heads over to the muscles and eats all of them, then goes over to the organs and eats them. that would happen in a period of about 4 months, depending on how mkuch fat and muscle the person had to begin with..no way could you live for 25 years.

Originally posted by some pittsburgh flavor

hey, banjo bob, fuck yourself

give up your lunch for somalian children. david blane has a job as a magician; and he is very good at it. you work at burger king, and damn well know about the animal abuse and the starving kids, but you just bought yourself a spankin' fresh pair of dunks, didn't you. shut up. i'll give you only water for 44 days and watch you die, because that is what will happen. how is he in the position to do something good for people less well off? you mean because he's a magician you want him to magically feed cambodia? or do you mean because he has a job? hey, you probably have a job. you're also very jealous because you are not magic like him.

you are like all those 5th grade wanna-bes going "man, kobe ain't that hardt, he sucks." beat his ass in some one-on-one, get your own shoe deal, end world hunger, then you are allowed to talk. when you become cooler than david blane and do more for somalian children than him, you are allowed to talk...

you could always not eat lunch and save that money and donate it. you could not use the internet and donate that money. you could work two jobs and donate the money from one of them. you could just go fly there and volunteer as a nurse.

Or you could sit at your computer and eat your Fritos.

i guess you didnt get that my post was kind of tongue in cheek. i'm not saying it's not impressive that he went 44 days without food. however, its kind of a slap in the face for a lot of people when a westerner who has always had food to eat starves himself as (more or less) a publicity stunt. david blane is a performer, and a good performer too, but i think this is the wrong thing to 'perform' about. do you honestly think he did this to achieve some sort of spiritual enlightenment or knowledge? i know my post sounded pretty crude, sorry if it offended. and when i said 'hes in the position to do something good for those less well off,' what i meant is that there's a huge amount of money being generated by his acts, doesn't it seem kind of ironic that so much is going to be made off of him starving himself, and yet nothing is really accomplished in the end?

Originally posted by banjo bob

and when i said 'hes in the position to do something good for those less well off,' what i meant is that there's a huge amount of money being generated by his acts, doesn't it seem kind of ironic that so much is going to be made off of him starving himself, and yet nothing is really accomplished in the end?

yeah but you could say that about a lot of things. what about a basketball player with a multimillion dollar shoe contract? could you say he gets paid millions to wear shoes while people in third world countries cant afford shoes, and nothing gets accomplished in the end?

its just entertainment, he did it because he wants to be known for incredible feats and shit, ala Houdini. it was done so some people would say 'damn, david blaine went 44 days in a small box and didnt eat shit the whole time, thats crazy'. thats it. thats why it was done. not everything is done to make the world a better place. its not his responsibility to save the world any more than its yours or mine.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

^Honest question: How exactly is he generating money from this particular act?

tv for one. i'm not sure if this is the case for this one, but i remember for some of his other acts they had tv specials and videos for sale.

and mapo you have a good point, and i recognize it is a major flaw in my opinion. maybe it is just me, and this specific act, but it just gets me that this one is about starvation. it seems like this culture is already fucked up about food in general, this strikes me as just another facet of that.

Archived