KIDNEY STONES...

suicidebombr

last night i was smoking a bowl, and my balls started hurting really bad. i tried to ignore it for awhile and hoped it would go away, but it started to feel like someone kicked me in my balls really hard, so i finished my bowl and walked in the house. i tried to piss like 3 times and nothing came out, but it hurt really really bad. my sister(a nurse) asked me what was wrong with me, she thought it was something like the circulation to my balls was cut off, so we went to the emergency room. they gave me some liquid pain killers and some liquid shit that knocked me out(it was fucking awesome). they scanned my body from the neck down, and told me i had a kidney stone. when i got to my room, i took a piss and i pissed it out(but i didn't know). the nurse's told me they had to strain my piss, so i pissed in a jug and put it through a funnel. they kept me all night and released me 2 hours ago (6:30 PM Eastern Time). all in all it was pretty fucking cool, but it hurt like a bitch.

anyone on here ever get a kidney stone?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My old room mates mom went to the hospital cuz she thought she had a kidney stone. They took an x-ray of her and found that she had over 400 stones in her. They destroyed them or cut them out immediately. That was some fucked up when she showed me the x-ray. There was a part that was supposed to be all black but came up all cloudy and white from all the stones. Freaky shit. I would have to imagine that pain to be horrible.

i had a kidney stone a few years ago... hurt like a bitch...

actually passing it didn't hurt, but i was laid up in a hostipal bed for about a day, then laid up at home for another day or two... but i didn't feel it in my balls... lower gut mostly... intense pain... i was still living at home at the time, and my mom found me rolling and moaning on the living room floor, clutching my stomach, about an hour after i was sposed to be in class...

lots and lots of good times pain killers for a few days...

Originally posted by ~KRYLON2~

did anyone see the episode of seinfeld where kramer has a kidney stone and he goes to take a piss at yankee stadium and he was screaming so loud that he fucked up the batter and the yankees lost lol?

I thought it was at a Circus, and the tightrope walker fell when Kramer yelled.. I could be wrong. My memory is shot..

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS
Originally posted by TGUNNER

I thought it was at a Circus, and the tightrope walker fell when Kramer yelled.. I could be wrong. My memory is shot..

you are correct sir, it was the episode where Jerry was dating a former gymnast who sucked in the sack.

kidney stones are calcium and salt deposits that solidify in the kidney and form a stone. i had one a few years ago that took 3 MONTHS to pass. it was the most painful experience i've ever had. for anyone who's had them, think of how it was when you passed it, that's what i was like for me every time the fucking thing moved. thing was the size of those little tiny chicklets.

just got back from my PCP, and they say i have another kidney stone sitting somewhere in my kidney, they aren't doing anything about it. it pisses me off, what are they good for, if they know something is wrong they should fix it. fucking fags, just want me to go through more paint so they get MORE money.:mad:

dude, my boss gets kidney stones all the time.

i know they are really really painful to pass

but trust me, you do NOT want some invasive procedure, where they would essentially have to dice up your kidney in order to get to it and through it..

there are lots of risks involved with surgery.

the doctors aren't always about money, because if you think about it, they would make a lot more by subjecting you to a hospital stay, invasive surgery complete with assistants and anasthesia, and recovery..then they would if you just pass the damn thing out and they give you painkillers.

i know it's tough to deal with (i deal with seriously sick people all the time)

good luck, you have sympathy

well i guess your right !@#$%. they say it's stuck in some kind of thing in my kidney, and they don't know exactly when it will go through the "urinary track", but i can surely tell you it sucks really really bad. it was only .2 cm. i remember pissing it out, it looked weird as fuck. the doc said i'm going to have a history of them ehich sucks.

Krook - :K1DN3Y-5T0N3-G0D-0N3R::D

yes, the tube in the urethra

and as someone who has been catheterized, trust me again, you really don't want that.

likely, the stone is stuck in one of your nephrons.

no wonder it hurts so bad.

get ready for some serious info:

Preventing Kidney Stone Formation

The easiest step to take is to increase hydration. This applies to sufferers of all types of kidney stones. Drinking very large amounts of water - two or more quarts per day - is probably the most important step in reducing stone formation. It is recommended that sufferers increase their urine output to at least 2 quarts per 24 hour period. Drinking 2 to 3 quarts per day may reduce recurrence of stones by up to 90 percent.

Initially many kidney stone sufferers may find it difficult to raise their fluid intake to this level. However, with a consistent conscious effort a person will develop a taste for water. After about a month their body will readjust its normal level of hydration. Once this new norm has become established a person will start to feel thirsty whenever their fluid intake falls below this level. Some tips on increasing fluid intake may prove helpful. One kidney stone sufferer says: I like water now. You acquire a taste for it.

High calcium in urine can be caused by too much salt in a person's diet. Salt causes excretion of larger amounts of calcium and thus increases calcium in the urine. Increasing a person's intake of water will reduce the relative concentration of calcium in the urine and thus reduce the risk of crystal formation and kidney stone formation.

Additionally, persons prone to the most common type of kidney stones (calcium oxalate) may find it advisable to cut back on foods with high oxalate levels such as those listed below to help prevent future stone formation:

* apples

* asparagus

* beer

* beets

* berries, various

* black pepper

* broccoli

* cheese

* chocolate

* cocoa

* coffee

* cola drinks

* collards

* figs

* grapes

* ice cream

* milk

* oranges

* parsley

* peanut butter

* pineapples

* spinach

* Swiss chard

* rhubarb

* tea

* turnips

* vitamin C

* yogurt

Stone suffers should consult with their doctor, of course, but in most cases, these foods can be eaten in limited amounts.

A diet with high levels of sodium, sucrose, or animal protein increase the likelihood of kidney stone formation. Conversely, high levels of potassium, magnesium, and fluids lower the likelihood of kidney stone formation.

The Division of Urology at the Toa Payon Hospital in Singapore offers dietary advice for kidney stone patients including both what to eat as well as what not to eat. There are, also, medications available to reduce the tendency towards formation of certain types of stones.

One type of medication to reduce risk of formation of calcium oxalate stones introduces high levels of citrate into the kidneys. This citrate in the urine reduces the tendency for calcium oxalate stone formation. A similar increase in urinary citrate is generated by drinking lemonade (lemons are one of the good foods) containing at least 4 ounces of lemon juice per day.

It has been discovered that avoiding calcium may do more harm than good when it comes to kidney stone sufferers who have, in the past, been warned to avoid foods rich in calcium. According to a study of over 45,000 men conducted by the Harvard School of Public Health, men who get lots of calcium in their diets have a one-third lower risk of having kidney stones than do those who consume calcium sparingly. It seems that high dietary calcium actually blocks a chemical action which causes the formation of kidney stones by binding with oxalates (from foods) in the intestine which then prevents both from being absorbed into the blood stream and later transferred to the kidneys. Urinary oxalate may be more important to formation of calcium-oxalate kidney stone crystals than is the urinary calcium.

However it must be quickly noted here that calcium supplements increase kidney stone risks according to the Annuals of Internal Medicine, March 1997. High normal dietary calcium reduces kidney stones by 35 percent, but high calcium from non-foods - like calcium supplements - actually increase the risk of kidney stones by 20 percent.

That same Harvard study found that:

* Those with the highest consumption of potassium, from eating fruits and vegetables, had only half the risk of stones;

* A high fluid intake was associated with a 29 percent lower risk; and

* Those who ate the most animal protein had a 33 percent higher risk of developing kidney stones.

Winning the battle with kidney stones is a two stage war. The first hurdle - which is sometimes elected to be skipped by doctors and patients - is to become stone free to reduce later stone formation due to the presence of those existing stone crystals. Then the second hurdle is to eliminate (or at least reduce) the risk factors that might lead to formation of new kidney stones.

A review of the information on kidney stones every 3 to 6 months may be necessary to keep the benefits and importance of constant and long term viligence at the stone prevention process in the sufferer's conscious mind.

yeah, so that sucks ass.

again, best luck

http://www.rogerbaxter.com/KidneyStone/Pag...neyStone_4.html

geez louise.

if i summed it into ONE paragraph, then it would be ONE HUGE paragraph.

instead it is SEVERAL SMALL paragraphs.

damn man, i look for that shit to help you out.

either you want to prevent them

or you want everyone to feel sorry for your "to-lazy-to-read-or-do-anything-about-it-ass"

come on.

you're making weed puffers look too damn unmotivated.

anyway, drink stuff, eat stuff high in calcium

BUT DO NOT TAKE SUPPLEMENTS

thats it.

oh, and no gettin ya dick licked.

LOL