The Paris Subway Thread

Jack Kerouac

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

an extract from www.spinemagazine.com/features/visual/paris_graff.html

This was the day we were waiting for. Our meeting place was at the home of Mr R of the MX crew, whom we had met the day before. It was already decided what yards we were going to do and this mission was gonna be the tuff one. Mr O and P checked out the plot first, T and K picked up Mr R, who came in shorts, t-shirt and a fucking neck brace!? Crazy subway bomber...

When P returned he had only this to say: "You're gonna love the way in, it's fucking heavy", It was time to do the Paris Metro system.

We went through a discreet doorway and down several flights of stairs, which lead to a dimly lit corridoor which kept going down. Already this mission felt different to the A-Line missions, every one was quiet, concentrating in the darkness. You could feel the trepidation when entering the yard, this was more of what we were use to.

The air got staler as we went deeper, you did notice the dankness and silence. One thing that was going thru my mind was that this passage way was probably only ever trodden by writers and how the fuck did writers find these passageways!?. Pure tunnel bopping and exploring the system... that in itself is just hardcore.

At the bottom of a spiral staircase was the door. Slowly O pushes it open, it creaks revealing a dimly lit tunnel. O clocks the joint, then confident there is nobody around, the rest of us follow. We spread out over two cars on two seperate trains. This was it, no fucking about, we all knew what we had to do and that time was limited. The tunnel was humid and airless, but everyone paints in silence, with only one objective.

Mr R paints fast, doing two panels in the time I did one. We all finish, but everyone still feels wary, looking up and down the tunnel for security. We film the damage, pose for photos (our souvenirs of Paris) and make our way back to the exit. Just as I pack the camera away, we hear a voice *in french* - "Can I help you?", a spilt second pause... then shouting... "Watch out for our dogs!!!"....

That was the cue to run. Everyone turns around single file and bolts down the aisle... I was running as fast as I could, but O was running faster and had a hand on my back pushing, "FASTER, FASTER!!", it was like having a turbo booster strapped on my back! We reach the end of the trains and ran down the tunnel to the next station. I couldn't remember when the last time I ran for so fast and so long and Mr R had to run in a neck brace! All I could taste in my mouth was the Montana and Molotow being expelled from from lungs, it tasted pure poisonous. No-one dare look back to see whether or not the dogs were behind us.

We reach the next station and must have seemed so bait all walking on to the platform gasping for air - thank god they don't have platform cameras. We run up to the exit, checking for security and break out into fresh air -relief- we looked at our hands and they were filthy, covered in grime and soot - True Dirty Handers.

All of us were FUCKED - all the smoking, drinking making us gasp and cough, the adrenalin was coursing through us now and like all train bombers after a chase, it was perversely satisfying. These Parisians made me laugh, as soon as we had our breaths back, we were told the next mission was to be the 'hard to paint' new model subways and it was only 12 midday!

There is no video footage of this mission, out of respect to our host's wishes. This yard is only known to a couple of crews so it was a privilege for them to be taking us. The way in was a typical Metro affair, down a grate, through a ventilation unit and straight in to a underground yard with at least 25-30 trains stacked in three rows end to end. It was pure nasty! We painted our panels and it was smooth. Two daytime subways in the space of two hours, pure madness...

Mr K and I were leaving that evening, but the crew and Mr P were already talking about one man W/C's on the subway later on that evening, SICK...

Paris is definitely on... go check it for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: ^^^^^^^^

Originally posted by sk3r0k

it's no metro

what is it then????????????????????????......its the paris subway simple, thats why its called " the paris subway thread " just because it has tyres on dont mean its not a subway.

I think you are missing the point, we aint saying that the paris metro is not a metro just because it has tyres? That would be way too stupid, even for me!

We are saying that the Asullo panel above does not look like it is on any paris metro that i have seen before as it looks more like a drivers cab of a double decker diesel locomotive from germany. I may be wrong but i have never seen a paris metro with a front like that, check the grill to the left of his piece. Only deisels tend to have these as they are vents for the engine. As the paris metro is electric, i cannot see why it would have this?

I dont deny that i could be totally wrong, but this is how it looks to me so far!

Originally posted by BruceVelvet

I think you are missing the point, we aint saying that the paris metro is not a metro just because it has tyres? That would be way too stupid, even for me!

We are saying that the Asullo panel above does not look like it is on any paris metro that i have seen before as it looks more like a drivers cab of a double decker diesel locomotive from germany. I may be wrong but i have never seen a paris metro with a front like that, check the grill to the left of his piece. Only deisels tend to have these as they are vents for the engine. As the paris metro is electric, i cannot see why it would have this?

I dont deny that i could be totally wrong, but this is how it looks to me so far!

the asullo panel is not on the paris subway no, but if you look at your post you are pointin at the panel on the paris subway thread. i now know that you ment the other train, a simple mistake to make as your post looked as if you where talkin about that panel right above your post:crazy:

ummm its not relly about the paris metro, but it dos kind of fit in with the french train system...

GRAFF IT ! DENOUNCES THE ATTEMPT OF THE FRENCH NATIONAL RAILWAY COMPANY (SNCF) TO STRIKE FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION

Since January 2002, the "Graff It ! Productions" company publishes GRAFF IT ! magazine which purpose is to present the multiple facets of Graffiti and urban cultures.

On 18 December 2003, the SNCF took advantage of the approach of the New Year celebrations to summons GRAFF IT ! before the Paris Commercial Court to seek its condemnation to pay 150,000.00 Euros as "punitive" damages for publishing, in its July - September and October - December 2002 issues, a few photographs of painted trains.

The SNCF claim - which purpose is purely and simply the death of GRAFF IT ! - is a strike against freedom of expression protected by Article 10 of the European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamentals Freedoms. This action occurs in a wider movement of censorship of Hip Hop and urban cultures.

GRAFF IT ! who scrupulously abides by the Law shall ask damages to the SNCF to compensate for the prejudice suffered because of this claim through its usual counsel.

The first hearing will be held before the Paris Commercial Court, 1, quai de Corse in Paris, France (75004), on Friday 23 January 2004 at 12:00 am.

Graff It ! conveys all the persons attached to freedom of expression to support the magazine.

A special account will be opened soon to allow Graff It ! to face the costs of the coming law suit. Checks made payable to "Graff It ! Productions" can already be sent to GRAF IT ! PROD - BP 07 - 94251 GENTILLY CEDEX - FRANCE

• 1 month later...

Archived