webspace question

casekonly

ok, here's the deal:

online exhibition slated for december running until january...i need some webspace and i need a domain name. i'm considering going with freeservers, but i don't know exactly what i need in terms of bandwidth...

here are some specs for the freeservers package i'm considering:

$13 a month

200 megs disk space

5 GB transfer

10 pop mailboxes

no adverts

ftp access

site stats

search optimization

and soem various other things i'm not concerned about

the website will feature four artists, two pieces per artist and a flashy flash intro. everything else will be in flash as far as site setup...i expect several hundred, or more to visit the exhibition while it's running.

any help or maybe a source for a better deal would be appreciated. i'm sure some of you have websites that generate mad traffic, or maybe you've done something of this sort previously.

thanks

peace

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

$13 a month seems like a good deal, since you'll only have it for 2 months. Usually you have buy a domain for like, a year I think, which sucks for you. You could always get a .tk domain for free, though. I built a site for a friend's band using a freewebs account and a .tk domain, so it's completely free for them. www.studentfilm.tk .

Archived