teaching english overseas (japan) and others

T.T Boy

Ok, me and the misses are thinking of spending the summer in asia. i know a few of you might have done this or something in the sort. do any of you have any advice? any links to some good agencies? theres a few ive looked into, but they want me to take some bullshit course before they hook up any contracts. ive taught a bit of conversational english before. so i have a clue as to what i am doing. hook a guy up with some info. i gotta get my ass to japan dis summah. oh and please believe ill live ghetto if thats what it takes.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

That's something I've always wanted to do too. I helped my mum teach hot teenage Japanese girls English about 2/3 years ago.

Oh....excellent. Did you make'em wear the little sailor outfits and punish them for english errors by making them take showers with said outfits on with no underwear or bra?

oops, sorry, goddamn yellow fever....

yeah, i hear you can make bank doing that english instruction oversea.

But i'd rather see hot japanese girls.

I love that book FRUITS

South Korea....Pusan is a good place to teach english. I lived outside Pusan when I was 11. I actually helped teach english at the all korean school i attended...being the only whiteboy i was useful in such ways. I enjoyed korea allllllllot. Love the place, cant wait to go back someday.

Originally posted by LENS

Oh....excellent. Did you make'em wear the little sailor outfits and punish them for english errors by making them take showers with said outfits on with no underwear or bra?

oops, sorry, goddamn yellow fever....

Hahahahaha.....man, the only reason I went was to sit at the front of the class and oggle at them. There's something so hot about girls that can't speak a word of English. They always made me origami. And they giggled all the fucking time. And wore school girl outfits. Oh man....it was intense. I had to periodically take water breaks.

Originally posted by T.T Boy

ill live ghetto if thats what it takes.

My sister did this in 2001 for a year or so, she really didnt like it at all, she said that culturally they are very very differnt and it didnt rub off on her well...i also hear everything is ridiculously expensive, and its really very hard to save...i also stronly recommend that you go to that cource, it will give you much perspective that can be applied through your own ways.

good luck.

Timely thread, I was thinking of this as an option myself...

I was at the Black Dog last week and was talking to a chick who just got back from Korea and was teaching English there.

She said the most lucrative place to teach was Korea, as well as the best place to have a "cultural experience".

Japan, she said, was probably the easiest to live in, but the money wasn't as good.

China, her Korean boyfriend said, was boring.

She also said they want you to have a degree of some sort. But then again, its Asia. I think you just need to say "yes" if they ask.

Hey, what places have you looked into, TT?

...the only reason I went was to sit at the front of the class and oggle at them. There's something so hot about girls that can't speak a word of English. They always made me origami. And they giggled all the fucking time. And wore school girl outfits. Oh man....it was intense. I had to periodically take water breaks.

Hahahahaha

haha, i was just about to say...

TT,

hook up with serum, dude's got you covered in japan. and to reiterate what everyones said, korea is dope. plus, girls got asses in korea.

serum,

you get my email the other night? no pressure to respond, just wanna make sure it made its way to you...

holler

serum, ill write you later, im running off to work right now. id like it more than 2 sentances.

i know what im doing moving into a completly different culture. ive done it before and ill do it again. ive looked into japan mostly. korea would be cool but the whole north korea thing isnt so hot. hong kong would be awesome. but japan would be my first choice.

not asia... but you said others...

this chick i used to work with went to poland to visit a friend that has been living their for 7 years... when he moved there, he began his own business teaching english (he didn't speak polish)... within 3 months, he had enough bank to hire other instructors to teach, and he basically just kicked it.. so you could try that route.

Originally posted by suburbian bum

So for these jobs you dont have to know japanese/korean? How does this work. Do you actually teach the class or do you talk to people to inprove their conversation skills.

yeah, how can you teach if you can't speak there language?

Guest -MOE LESTER-

YO DURING THE SUMMER WHEN I MOVE TO MY GRANDMAS HOUSE FOR A MONTH I HELP MY GRANDMA TEACH ENGLISH AT ALL THESE DIFFERENT SCHOOLS AND LEARNING CENTERS

NO SCHOOL GIRLS THO, ALL 50 YEAR OLD UGLY ASS BITCHES AND OLD MEN....BUT THE PAY WAS FAT AS FUCK....ID GET ANYWHERE FROM 200-500 (SHED GET 2X THAT) FOR ONLY WORKING AN HOUR OR TWO....ITS EASY AS FUCK

JAPAN IS TIGHT...LOTS OF SCHOOL GIRLS AND HOES....JESUS CHRIST SO MANY HOES!

Originally posted by seeking

haha, i was just about to say...

serum,

you get my email the other night? no pressure to respond, just wanna make sure it made its way to you...

holler

yeah i got it. i writing a long one so i`ll try an finish it today and send it off to you.

Guest NoamChomsky

Korea is bullshit yo, I rolled over there a year or two back. Almost all those english teachers live to fuck the GI's that are stationed there. Japan is much tighter, Korea is like a bullshit mix of China and Japan. Check it out for yourself of course, but

I suggest Japan. hentai onna desu fo real dawg.

Guest im not witty

i have considered this at several points in my life, but have yet to understand how you can teach english without knowing the other language, do you have an interpreter? if so, why dont they just teach the class.

someone who knows give me some kind of answer please

Archived