Alphabet Aerobics

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by slyle

"We met this one guy Lee who helped us out a lot. We met him waiting for a train in Birmingham when he was headed to Mobile. He was the first and only train rider we met before we went out West – there's not too much of a train rider culture in the South. Lee rode with us and talked on and on about his experiences and train people he knew.

People who ride trains have a name and insignia, and if you sign enough trains, you get famous. One who is famous is Palm Tree Herbie. His insignia has this palm tree. It seemed like every train we rode had his mark. Lee used to ride with Palm Tree Herbie, and he was kind of proud of that. Another famous guy Lee had rode with was Coal Train. We had seen his mark – it has a picture of a guy with a beard smoking a pipe, a hillbilly-looking guy.

Lee knew exactly when a train was going to take off. We would be in a train, and he would get off and go into town, get some bologna and bread, and then come back and get in the train and the train would start. He was really smooth. He told us how to know where a train was going. He told us the people in the yard it was safe to talk to. You could tell the bulls because they had the nice cars, but the people in overalls were fine to talk to."

Another lil something I found

oh shit, this is crazy...I met the same ''lee'' here where I live slyle...you know the deal..did lee tell you the time, coaltrain sent him for beer, and he ran off with his $5...? haha, sounds like you were riding some trains..holla at me, you know who this is...piece...fr8hound

Archived