Dreadlock tips...

NoEZ

i know its from a peter tosh song. duh. i feel that i am underestamated

and i know what rasta was born out of and all that stuff thats why i don't really follow most of it. i follow the positive teachings. i don't care what other people think i don't care what other people do. my confrantaions have been good ones and if someone acts towards me with aggression and hate then they are not rasta. peoples actions constantly remind me of what this world brings, good and evil

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you wanna live

Treat me good

If you wanna live, live

I beg you treat me good

I'm like a walking razor

Don't you watch my size

I'm dangerous

Said I'm dangerous

(2X)

If you are a bully

Treat me good

If you are a bully, a bully

I beg you treat me good

I'm like a stepping razor

Don't you watch my size

I'm dangerous, dangerous

(CHORUS)

If you are a chucky

Nobody chucky from me

If you are a chucky, a chucky

Nobody chuck from me, Yea

CHORUS

I'm like a chopping razor

Don't you watch my size

I'm dangerous, dangerous

If you eat asphalt

I beg you treat me good

If you drink lead soup

You better treat me good

CHORUS

If you are bull bukka

Nobody buk from me

If you are duppy

You move away from me

CHORUS

I'm like a stepping, walking

I'm dangerous, dangerous

If you wanna live

Treat me good

Warning you if you wanna live You better treat me good

I'm like a stepping, walking, cutting, flicking,

jumping,chopping, walking

I'm dangerous(2x)

I'm like a stepping, jumping, flicking, bumping, boring

I'm dangerous(2x)

If you drink mortal

Treat me good

And if you eat brick

Treat me good

I'm like a flashing laser and a rolling thunder

I'm dangerous(2x)

I'm like a stepping razor

Don't you watch my size

I'm dangerous, dangerous

Treat me good

If you wanna live

You better treat me good

Talking: ...You don't through a fifth of the trilliation

I go through...

Only a name would be here to represent...

If you wanna live

You better treat me good

You could a drink lead soup

I'm dangerous

You could a eat asphalt

I'm dangerous

You could a eat brick crackers

I'm dangerous...

I saw the sun...Fucking dangerous...

bottom line:

I am dangerous

Well...still waiting for my friend to give me a list of what I need to buy for her to dread them. I mean what more does she need then a comb and teh wax.

Seeking...since you have quite a bit of experience with dreads i want to ask you something...did you start washing them even you just got them or did you wait. I've been told that washing them with non sented residue free shampoo is fine and you can wash them when you first get them. But then I'v been told you need to wait a while. What did you do?

i waited a few weeks, but also my hair was never of the type that got real dirty, or smelled like hell, so i could pull it off.

you can try washing it with bar soap, or something kind of coarse and drying like that. a list of items? dude, beeswax and rubber bands. theres you're list.

I live in Eugene, so hears your list (Much like Seekings) Wash with bar soap (Only when neccisary) Much beez wax..stinky shit, but the worst is yet to come , rubber bands of coarse, Raid, Patuuli oil,and lots of sun Walla! By the way RESPECT to all the Rastas...

not to c arry this conversation past the point of beating a dead horse, which it has already gone, but this is mainly in response to garcia vega's comment on numetal kids who are rocking dreads with plugs, ie shadows fall or something like that, it is not a defensive point id like to make but one of open mindedness, i am not a fan of numetal or even that much metal beyond the symphonic vampire stuff which is just amazing that they get away with it, so back to my original point, and probably back to points i have made, lets go to india, where in my humble opinion all culture originated you can dispute this and probably have valid arguments but it wont change my mind so dont waste your breath, in most lines of vaishnavism and shaivism dreads (more like plaits than rasdreads but dreads uncombed matted hair nonetheless) are grown until one's guru leaves the planet, now according to vedic philosophy and history this has been going on for longer than modern science even gives us time on the planet, not to go on a srimad bhagavatam history lesson, *if you are interested in that let me know but for the essence of the discussion ill try to keep it short*, so if all culture originated from the indus valley, and spread this is when the planet was all on continent known as pangea, cultures we all dreaded, along with marking the body with marks known as tilaka youve seen it if youve looked a any indian holy men its the clay on the head the brands and tattoos marking a particular religious sect be it nimbarka or gaudiya etc, in addition to the earliest man rocking dreads and markings on his body, the vedic text of pancaratra pradipa discusses the ear piercing ceremony for boys at the time they are able to eat grains and solid food, the ear is pierced (and only recently was gold placed in the ear) and a piece of holy wood (tulsi, banyan, or any other religiously significant branch) was placed in the childs ears, at this time for girls their heads are shaved while boys hair is allowed to lock up, only certain renunciant groups would shave their heads...

this may give a little insight into how someone like myself whose ears are 1.5inches and has a lot of tattoos may want or desire dreadlocks, and though i may not be the most knowledgeable about the cultures i have desired to assimilate in my life, i know enough about them to realize that my actions are neither offensive or looked down upon, two stories to relate this instance, you may have seen the discovery channel special on crosscultural piercing, john from ny adorned travelled to ethiopia to chill with the sara tribe, known for beautifully large ears and lip plates, they basically thought of him as just from another tribe across the river and accepted him like one of their own, and a personal story when i was in india people would look at my tattoos and only react to the extent that they had never seen such colors as tattooing in india is mostly needles with soot not ink so traditional indian omkaras and tilak markings have a really nice blue grey patina to them... as for stretched ears mine were bigger than most but i did run into some bramhins that had almost 1 inch ears.

sorry for the long elaboration i just thought the point should not slip by. we seemingly according to other people are all one tribe, and so on this philosophy assimilation of traits is just like the dispersion of art, culture comes from culture as art comes from art.

one.

jobe.shouldve been an anthro major.

***and on an aside about dread tips, tho i believe anyone who wants dreads can have them this doesnt stop me from calling people with shitty dreads idiots, dreads are a completely natural hairstyle and may need some help taking especially if you are white, but you will i promise love your dreads a shitload more if you dont pull all the bullshit in your hair, a little beeswax goes a long way and DO NOT use anything but 100% pure beeswax, most formulas have lanolin or moisturizers in it, this makes no sense for someone trying to dread up because you are making hair that you want to mat down slippery you fucking moron. and NEVER EVER EVER *this was already mentioned) dye your fucking dreads unless it is with clay, henna or some other natural substance you not only will look like a fucking moron but you will be going against the main reason for carrying the worlds most natural hairstyle on your head. and if your head gets itchy steal buy just get some rosemary leaves (preferably fresh) boil it in water until the water turns black and put that in a spray bottle to use when your get unbearable scalp itch.

enough already jobey go get high and slow the fuck down.

What kind of shampoo should I use? I was searching web sites for soaps that would be ok for dreads. One I came across was on some site called dread head hq or something like that. It had some shampoo that was scent free and residue free and all that good stuff. I'd order it but I don't want to have to keep ordering it for the rest of my life. I'd rather just be able to go to the store and buy it. Any suggestions?

Eshoism...totally tubular brah!:cool:

that actually was pretty enlightening boxcar. i don't know jack about india but you've sparked my interest to learn more at some point. tattooing is basically my life. i actually resented dreads, because i thought they were a trademark of rastas, and i thought that rastas were not accepting of tattoos. so your point was not taken as defensive. i guess now i really can't be opposed to dreads on a philisophical level, but i can still think they look corny on whiteboys! hahaha.

paul mitchell makes a banging tea tree shampoo... im not one for supporting multicorporate products but it has no animal ingredients or testing, and it stings for real. it works well on hair that wants to dread because it is basically designed as an oil controlling shampoo and in the early days of dreadlock growth you are going to want a very astringent soap, much in the same vein as why bar soap ivory in particular is recommended but use this shampoo and you will not only have strawy hair to dread with but it will be healthy and youll have no i repeat no flakes.

one.

Archived