Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NoEZ

Dreadlock tips...

I'm getting my hair dreaded in about a week. I wanted to ask the people on here who have dreads what are some tips for keeping them in nice condition. I know of some tricks but I want ot see what some of you have done to keep them in good condition. Post pictures of your dreads if you want...I'll probably post mine when I get em done.

grow your hair out really long, throw your comb away and dont wash your hair for a month...then hop in the back of a pick up truck through a couple of states. Walla

Originally posted by noezywriter

I'm getting my hair dreaded in about a week....I'll probably post mine when I get em done.

when you get them done? you fucking dick cheese. you going to the god damn salon to get your hair dreaded?

you want a 'tip'?

that shit is so 98.

f'real. just stop white boy.

listening to one bob marley album and smoking pot doesnt mean you're a fucking buffalo soldier.

seeks/nooooooooooooooooo

alot of people get dreds out of fashion or something trivial, but the rastafarians find them as a source of power and the longer they get the wiser and more respect is given in rastafarian culture.

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

My advice? Don't get them.

Alot of my sisters friends had them and now claim that they cause baldness (clumps of hair falling out). Plus they're kinda gay

^^^

Yeah, my brother has had dreadlocks going on 4 years or so, and he's got a bunch of bald clumps. Could be down to the severe lack of washing......

Ok let me reply to most of you here.

seeking:

I'm not going to a salon...im getting it done naturally and cheap. And I think your the dick cheese by thinking you know about my lifestyle. Reggae music and pot smoking has nothing to do with my decision. I've thought about getting dreadlocks for years and years. Way before I even knew what pot was. And how do you know I'm white. So keep your ignorant comments to your self.

effyoo:

Residue free shampoo is what I would use. I know about cleaning them. But thanks.

Dr. Dazzle:

I'm gonna get em. I've thought about it long and hard for years. And I've made my decision.

truth be told man, i had em for 10 years. dope ones too. not all jacked up, shitty, hippy dreads, but also not done at a salon. i took care of my shit and steady got compliments on how they didnt smell, and proper.

then one day i cut them off, completely on a whim, and ever since then ive wondered why the fuck i didnt do it sooner.

the difference between you and i though, is i wasnt some little snot nosed retard who wanted to be down with the latest fashion shit, so i booked an apointment, to spend 200 bucks on getting my hair fucking dreaded. jesus. the only thing that makes me sicker than hippies with dreds, are white kids with mall dreads

do the whole world a favor, and if you honestly think its 'cool' for you to have them, just shoot yourserlf.

do it for bob, he'd want it that way.

i wrote that before reading your reply.

but i still stand behind everything i said.

if you think im so 'wrong' in my assumptions, prove me wrong. give me any indication that you arent just dickriding on a 'fashion' that isnt actually a fashion at all, but a way of life...one you know nothing about.

There you go again seeking...acting liek you know why I'm getting dreadlocks. Hoow is it I want to be down with the latest fashion when I thought about getting dreads before it even became the "in" thing to do. And you don't know what Bob would want. So why don't you do the world a favor and shut up.

Haha...ok i typed that before I read your reply....so let me post this real quik before you go off on me. If you wanna talk about it easier you can talk to me on aim if you want. Otherwise...i don't really think I need to tell you why I decided to get dreads. Unless its more one to one type discussion. sn: eyekilledu

enlighten me.

ill be more than happy to eat my words and admit i was wrong.

seeks/9 miles

Originally posted by Rectum

they might have been a fashion about a decade ago

Maybve..but I was too young to know about any fashions.

of course you dont need to explain yourself. but if you're gonna take offense and defend yourself, then you might as well stand behind your beliefs.

trust me, this is nothing compared to the shit your gonna get once you have them.

seeking..is that your aim sn...or are you waiting for me to reply on here?

im talking about the seeks/9 miles part of your earlier post....

Dude, the only guys that i know who ever got steady pussy with dreads are black and maybe one or two rare white exceptions like my friends jeff and Ska-tea.

All the guys i know who had dreads and then cut them off suddenly got more pussy than they knew what to do with.

i dont even care enough to have a discussion about it. i just wanted to see what you had to say.

besides, im going to bed.

conqurering duppies is hard work ya know...

skssssss

Originally posted by seeking

if you honestly think its 'cool' for you to have them, just shoot yourself.

do it for bob, he'd want it that way.

Ha ha ha ha...omg..ha ha ha, fucking quote of the year!

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this