Cn flats

Frate_Raper

Man I get my chops busted on these fuckers........streaks,peices even a half car have been spotted or have come back buffed/stamped.I have no real beef with it it's a chance any car could catch the buff but those things get it the worst.

This year was the worst I caught a half car of mine buffed BUT THE TAG.It was more the irony of painting my 100th peice over the pre-stamped car.

fuckers

Bitch away

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

king of canada lol... gaynadian national

been gettin cn's since 94... they are a strange lot at best...i've seen this year, a peace roll back through from 96 and several others from like years. However, the new paint cn's seem to be becoming more and more prvailent. ive heard stories about the border crossing being an issue, but that seems to be incorrect. What i, in my humble opinion, take from it is that the lines we see most, centered in our region of the globe, that we see on a day to day and we paint as much as if more thanm others and that are pretty much local, within our quadrant of the us/canada. Seem, due to their frequencey in running and over abundancey to be buffed more than other lines. flat boxes csx,cn,bn, gvsr and up have in my experience always been hated upon for the buff by different kids across the us. However, the railbox company has been attempting to repaint it's line since the early nineties and it seems that it has had very little success at keeping them clean. in other words, paint what you get. i try to get the rare cars first, but will paint the old reliables if i have to. don't be disuaded by the buff. all cars will be buffed sooner or later. local cars seem to be buffed that much faster.

peace

Frate Raper,

Im just curious do you know if CN is consolidating CN flats in a yard and then sending them to get repainted or are they doing the buffing as needed when the cars are in for service? Is CN actually buffing the cars or is CN contracting out work to companies that specialize in buffing cars?

Thats what happened down south, Railbox had about 200 cars routed to a local CSX yard, then the railboxes made their way south of the city to a company that was contracted by railbox to repaint the cars. It sucks, luckily I walked the lines and caught some real nice gems before they were gone for good...

Originally posted by Bosco

Frate Raper,

Im just curious do you know if CN is consolidating CN flats in a yard and then sending them to get repainted or are they doing the buffing as needed when the cars are in for service? Is CN actually buffing the cars or is CN contracting out work to companies that specialize in buffing cars?

Thats what happened down south, Railbox had about 200 cars routed to a local CSX yard, then the railboxes made their way south of the city to a company that was contracted by railbox to repaint the cars. It sucks, luckily I walked the lines and caught some real nice gems before they were gone for good...

I wish I could answer you man, All I know is that I've gotten cars that still smell of the paint and whole lines at a time.I would love to find out where they're doing it just to go bench how many I'm lossing so I can hit twice the number.

I think it's a yard outside of toronto but I'm not sure cause I see the philly guys up a ton on them fresh fresh paints too.

These fresth repaints are they the new CN scheme w/ the internet address?

If so I would bet their just upgrading the fleet, trying to present a good corporate image to customers and the general public by taking older cars w/ faded paint and graf, and cleaning them up a bit. As long as your catching them freshly painted or stamped I'd say kill' em! Hope this helps...

Originally posted by Bosco

These fresth repaints are they the new CN scheme w/ the internet address?

If so I would bet their just upgrading the fleet, trying to present a good corporate image to customers and the general public by taking older cars w/ faded paint and graf, and cleaning them up a bit. As long as your catching them freshly painted or stamped I'd say kill' em! Hope this helps...

They've always been quick to buff but they'd leave spots not buffing the whole car.Yeah they are the WWW.CN.CA cars.I still catch the odd stamped car but mostly freshies.Yeah bro I kill them:)

Guest rob deer
Originally posted by Vanity

man, fuck them.. cn bought out our yard.... so consequently, we get a grip of em. i guess it's ok.. kinda nice to have something besides newsprints reliable... but i always avoided canuck cars on a whole.

you have no idea what you're talking about. notice all the cn engines that come through. (havent's seen one here for never.) there's only 3 layups that get them boxes here and only 1 for straight cn flats. the others get cna/cn ridgies. very unimpressed.

Originally posted by rob deer

you have no idea what you're talking about. notice all the cn engines that come through. (havent's seen one here for never.) there's only 3 layups that get them boxes here and only 1 for straight cn flats. the others get cna/cn ridgies. very unimpressed.

You fellas would be VERY surpirsed at how often they get the play you deserve!

I've been caught more in the u.s on flats then autoracks or anything else.I'd rather hit american lines too but begers can't be choser5s right? One night like 3 years ago when you could still trace cn by phone I called one after I got home.It was on it's way to Ohio.I don't know where you boys are at but they go down to the midwest on the reg.

Guest rob deer

you can thank me for some of those buff marks on some of those slightly old ones.

I sidebusted a kaws throw up on one back in 97 I remember, thinking I was so bad ass being in the yard by myself...

fucking toy.

"the thrill is gone..."

Re: yep

Originally posted by fr8rokr

ive been hitting cn flats, as well as cv and dw&p flats lately. they travel with the best of them, its my ticket to jersey and the whole east coast.. beautiful things they are.

Yeah man jersey,montreal,philly,pittsburgh(ALOT),v.a a bit too, chi town but just certian guys.

You doin them in N.E?or are you still up north near me?

To me a freshly painted car is a good thing. I got one tonight that was repainted in May of 2003. When you hit something with a fresh coat like that, it tends to run for a long time before anything happens to it. Assuming you stay off the numbers.

For the record I hate CN...those damn information panels are right in the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is one for you guys.

Lately over hurrr in the western hemisphere of the states I have noticed a nice trend of

regular house type buff paint used in the removal process of graffiti on the freights.

Now keep in mind these are lines that vary from all types, though, mostly it seems to

be more popular on the GVSR Golden West cars. Now yes, I have thought of the idea that this

may very well be the work of a very disgruntle writer. But they seem to have no plan or

trend. Very random. Very efficient. Not going over any numbers or important shit. Has anyone

else seen this. I mean, I agree... it's not too bad. I reap the just rewards and use this

buffing technique for a very spiffy background. Info added would be appreciated.

Holla at ya boy! WERD!

Originally posted by GoOverThe#'s

Here is one for you guys.

Lately over hurrr in the western hemisphere of the states I have noticed a nice trend of

regular house type buff paint used in the removal process of graffiti on the freights.

Now keep in mind these are lines that vary from all types, though, mostly it seems to

be more popular on the GVSR Golden West cars. Now yes, I have thought of the idea that this

may very well be the work of a very disgruntle writer. But they seem to have no plan or

trend. Very random. Very efficient. Not going over any numbers or important shit. Has anyone

else seen this. I mean, I agree... it's not too bad. I reap the just rewards and use this

buffing technique for a very spiffy background. Info added would be appreciated.

Holla at ya boy! WERD!

Yeah dude theres a few people doing that.......If it's mainly gvsr's I don't know if it's THEM but it could very well be.Do the colours almost match the car?or is it just anything?

Originally posted by Frate Raper

Yeah dude theres a few people doing that.......If it's mainly gvsr's I don't know if it's THEM but it could very well be.Do the colours almost match the car?or is it just anything?

Some, but I have recently caught some with no clear intent of color matching. Now keep in mind, this spot gets more GVSR's than anything else, so it plays the odds of seeing them buffed.

Originally posted by Vanity

yeah southern... but it also sticks out a lot more to the workers.. and i think shit looks fresh on a rusty ass car

Ehhh I dunno brother. I think any brand new piece stands out to workers, if you ask me. A dooder who's been in the bidness for long enough probably knows of the grime test. And rusty cars look cool but you better paint it with all rusto for the best results. I know thats not a problem for you but..yeah. ;) Ever catch old rusty cars with pieces dated the year before and you thought you caught some ish from 96? You think you know!

and you kinda have an idea?

What do you mean "house type buff paint", if your referring to a traincar that has been buffed w/ a color that doesn't match the original car's color, thats perfectly normal...it happens. A lot of times at railcar shops, they'll use any color paint on hand to buff, renumber, paint over repairs, etc. They'll use up anything to save on the costs, they only buy new paint when necessary. Hell you'll see a car w/ a few different colors rolling sometimes. But, I guess it is possible a writer is "buffing" other folks...GVSR's aren't too common around my way, their pretty rare.

Archived