Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Street Sticker Thread

Originally posted by johndoe

first off, i was talking shit to the people who start out writing by doing sticker, that come out wack. also even if u do got ur gay sticker in different countries, who gives a fuck? no one recognizes you except for your gay 12oz pals cuz its just a sticker. and another thing, how much skill does it take to draw a rectangle and 2 circles on a sticker, and how much of a challenge is it to put it up? you can do that in the day.

now, i usually dont get into this bullshit, but, fuck you. if you've ever been to philadelphia, you would realize how insane dbd is. you litteraly can not walk 3 feet without seeing his work, and that deserves some credit, i dont care if your pablo picasso himself. c i dig his simple style, its a solid character, and better than anything i have seen you post in here. if you want to see some detail by dbd hike your ass to philadelphia and look for his robert deniro stencil, you'll see that quite a bit too, and before you start about stencils, its a pretty decent 3-layer, and once again, better than anything you've posted here...im sure dbd can defend himself it just pisses me off to see somone so un-educated trying to make fun of something he obviously has no idea about

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i was hoping to check this thread for some stoke and was hit in the face with a plethora of siq street art slapz... replicant does not know the difference between street art and graffiti... pleas

Posted Images

Originally posted by welovevolve

and better than anything i have seen you post in here........ and once again, better than anything you've posted here...

ive never posted anything in here, i dont waste my time taking a flick of every possible sticker ive ever put up, to post on 12oz. i also dont even waste that much time with stickers at all.

i paint. i'm pretty sure some others do too. or used to. it gets boring after a while. i still paint sometimes, but i'd rather make stickers, posters, stencils or whatever else because i find it more interesting than doing letters. i don't know why some people have such a problem understanding that. people are gonna get up however they want, how is one way more pathetic than another?

Originally posted by johndoe

do half of you even paint, or do marker hits at least? its pathetic :nope:

DAMN..i don't know where to start off by sayin how fucking dumb that question is....this is the paperchase thread?...is it?........why ask jsut a fuckin retarded question.?..

i paint. i'm pretty sure some others do too. or used to. it gets boring after a while. i still paint sometimes, but i'd rather make stickers, posters, stencils or whatever else because i find it more interesting than doing letters.

Okay, first off, I just want to say opnions are how a person feels on a certain topic. And I respect yours and wish you do the same about mine. So here's what I have to say...

1. How can you say painting is boring? I just don't see the "thrill" in drawing a character or whatever and just "stick 'em up" on an object. A seven-year old girl can do that with ease. By the way, I'm just talking about those USPS stickers. I think wheatpasting is dope. Stencils are kind of blah to me. But I'd still rather see a stencil on a wall than a USPS sticker anyday. I think that shit is pretty weak. And as for weak, I think lame looking characters fit into this catergory as well. But I guess as long as you have "ups" then I guess shit really doesn't matter. But to have ups by letting people put it up for you, that's just plain wrong. It always seemed like cheating to me. Whatever. "Do you".

people are gonna get up however they want, how is one way more pathetic than another?

2. Well, I think Johndoe meant running around the city "sticking" up those stickers. Again, I don't see the excitement in it. Especially if the sticker is so small it's unnoticeable. Those stickers aren't even worth putting up. But the stickers that are like a foot long, those are cool with me.

DAMN..i don't know where to start off by sayin how fucking dumb that question is....this is the paperchase thread?...is it?........why ask jsut a fuckin retarded question.?..

What you just said was so stupid on many many levels. That's like saying "Of course we don't paint. This is paperchase". Think about that...

Whoopdeedoo.

Re: ...

Originally posted by Yellow Feets

Okay, first off, I just want to say opnions are how a person feels on a certain topic. And I respect yours and wish you do the same about mine. So here's what I have to say...

1. How can you say painting is boring? I just don't see the "thrill" in drawing a character or whatever and just "stick 'em up" on an object. A seven-year old girl can do that with ease. By the way, I'm just talking about those USPS stickers. I think wheatpasting is dope. Stencils are kind of blah to me. But I'd still rather see a stencil on a wall than a USPS sticker anyday. I think that shit is pretty weak. And as for weak, I think lame looking characters fit into this catergory as well. But I guess as long as you have "ups" then I guess shit really doesn't matter. But to have ups by letting people put it up for you, that's just plain wrong. It always seemed like cheating to me. Whatever. "Do you".

2. Well, I think Johndoe meant running around the city "sticking" up those stickers. Again, I don't see the excitement in it. Especially if the sticker is so small it's unnoticeable. Those stickers aren't even worth putting up. But the stickers that are like a foot long, those are cool with me.

What you just said was so stupid on many many levels. That's like saying "Of course we don't paint. This is paperchase". Think about that...

Whoopdeedoo.

a lot of this is the point ive been trying to make, thanks.

and, i dont post shit ive painted cuz i dont want random kids knowing what i write, and everyone knows cops come on the site often, so id rather not go out of my way and take a risk.

yeah, i do other things than stickers. i kinda feel what your sayin. but you know. everyone does there thing. we all respect your opinion, which is why we dont go into brickslayers and run our mouth or whatever you know? its not like its all we do, some yes, some no. but truth be told, there are about three or four writers that post here frequently that have been around forever. one in particular thats been writing since before you were born most likely. so seriously, we all do different shit, and have different opinions. so whatever, just my two cents.

The usual fight comment from Stomah

This isn't Channel Zero. These threads are intended to showcase DIFFERENT STYLES of GRAFFITI. If you don;t like what some of us do. Cool. Leave your comment and go post your work. I know it pisses people off to hear shit talking, but it's not worth all the bullshit to try to defend yourselves on the internet. So everybody needs to shut up, and post PHOTOS in thier respective threads.

http://www.woostercollective.com/splash/faile01.jpg'>

Stolen from the front of Wooster

i respect anyones opinion, i just don't see why people like to argue them on here. obviously you don't see the point in a small sticker with a character on it. i explained why i do it. it's fine if you don't like it, stick with writing then. it's a different game. no one here is trying to compare the two or say stickers are better. i think we'd just rather see some pictures than argue opinions all day. i only wish i had some to post..... waiting on film.