The Street Sticker Thread

Stomah

"You can do whatever with what I've said, but like I said....I'm done dealing with you, your attitude, and all the crap you've been saying as of late. So stop being a dumb cunt, stop trolling the internet to give your "witty" replies, get off your ass, and go do something productive with your time."

Ok so let me get this straight......

I'll tell you that someone already is doing clouds in Boston and NY......and that the dood puts in work..........And you are like whatever man I'm still gonna do it....

And than you make a crazy coment like who is Kaws....A supposed "street artist" that doesn't know who Kaws is would be like a metal head not knowing who Ozzy is.....

And I am being a "dumd cunt" troliing the internet.......hahaha.....And you have no respect for me.......hahaha.......

So you don't like my atiitude...I really could give a shit less.....This is what I am talking about....people who start writing graff or doing street art and think it is a popularity contest....I could give 2 shits if you like me....That's not why I do what I do....

....And then there's kid's that have been in the game for 3 hours and are so quick to come online and post photos of their stuff and trade with people....and have no idea about the real deal and haven't put in any work......hint hint....

And as far as "going and doing something"....I'm finishing up 50 new canvases for a solo show that I am having in New Orleans in February......Is that enough for ya?

:yuck: :yuck: :chicken: :yuck:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

uhhh. yea. there's bob and toro stickers all around the world. its a long shot, but i'm gonna say, there might be some bob and toro stickers on the moon as well.:huh2:

5003 is right. im farely new at this thing myself, yet i don't rant on about alot of stuff i don't know about. learn before you say. best thing to do is not to beef with people that are known, thinking you can make a name of yourself by doing so. try to be cool with them instead.

they teach you the ropes better then you can teach yourself. :chicken:

oh snaps!

ohsnaps.jpg :huh2: <~~ i love that smilie

not getting involved in this argument, and not directing any kind of dis towards anyone... but having been heavily involved the whole "graff" scene for more than a decade, it is at times annoying, bordering on infuriating to see some young (and at times not so young) people just show up and try to front like "yea im down for the cause this that and the third i know what im talking about, blah blah blah..." when in actuallity they really haavent the slightest idea about a. history b. originality and c. when to take advise (albeit derogitory and possibly insulting) from someone who knows what there talking about... because weve ALL been there at one point in time... people tend to catch feelings rather easily in this scene, you shouldnt... cause whether you realise it or not, criticism either good or bad (or harrassing) is intended to help, even if it seems the opposite... dont take it personal, just take it... think about it... then wiegh your options and act on it.... i dont know, im just on my preaching stee-lows 2nite... like i said this is just a general statement.. take it with a grain... peace yall.......

Ving, i didnt say "this is the first bob and eltoro sticker in SF"

I said I havent seen any around in SF, and i said i hope

these are the first. that was all, of course i couldve been mistaken.

on a side not: cracksmoka watsup, i put ur stickers in the mail on

friday, email me when you get them.

Originally posted by 5003@Jan 16 2005, 11:55 PM

"You can do whatever with what I've said, but like I said....I'm done dealing with you, your attitude, and all the crap you've been saying as of late. So stop being a dumb cunt, stop trolling the internet to give your "witty" replies, get off your ass, and go do something productive with your time."

Ok so let me get this straight......

I'll tell you that someone already is doing clouds in Boston and NY......and that the dood puts in work..........And you are like whatever man I'm still gonna do it....

And than you make a crazy coment like who is Kaws....A supposed "street artist" that doesn't know who Kaws is would be like a metal head not knowing who Ozzy is.....

And I am being a "dumd cunt" troliing the internet.......hahaha.....And you have no respect for me.......hahaha.......

So you don't like my atiitude...I really could give a shit less.....This is what I am talking about....people who start writing graff or doing street art and think it is a popularity contest....I could give 2 shits if you like me....That's not why I do what I do....

....And then there's kid's that have been in the game for 3 hours and are so quick to come online and post photos of their stuff and trade with people....and have no idea about the real deal and haven't put in any work......hint hint....

And as far as "going and doing something"....I'm finishing up 50 new canvases for a solo show that I am having in New Orleans in February......Is that enough for ya?

:yuck: :yuck: :chicken: :yuck:

I'm gonna try and be civil about it and hopefully this will cause an end to the shit between the two of us.

First off...I originally said that shit because I was heated that day, then went ahead and explained it all, apologizing for it. I said I was gonna keep on doing it because I'm putting my own spin on it as far as I can see. Everything in graff more or less bites off some shit that's already been done before - but it's up to the individual writer and artist to make it unique to themselves as far as they see it. This is what I'm doing or attempting to do with the clouds - make them different, make them unique to me and what I'm doing right now. The argument goes, and I did say this before, that with the shit I'm doing - with you amongst others saying "oh this that and the other person are doing character ~~~~, so you shouldn't do that." The same could be said about anyone doing any various graf style/design/character look or whatever. There's people doing 3d shit, hands, throws, organic, cartoon characters, comic book characters, animals, appliances, objects, food, etc. If this is the case - that because x number of artists or individuals are doing any one of those, that you shouldn't do it as well....then graffitti should cease to continue because people will be continuously doing what other people have done before them. I *KNOW* that there are other individuals who are out there who have *MORE THAN LIKELY* done anything that I can even think of doing before, but why should that stop me from doing it as well? Should you or anyone else not do x style or y character design because it's been done before and looks like so and so's? No, you SHOULD do it, but do your thing with it. Darkclouds does whole full color signs, small circular labels, and many other things, but his always have MULTIPLE clouds in them, which are always the same grey color (hence darkclouds). I do simple single clouds which are multiple colors (sometimes on the same cloud). I can see the differences in it. I said that I was going to keep on doing the clouds because I got enough feedback saying I should do so from respected people here and otherwise. If you would like, I can go ahead and post the quotes as well, but it seems like a waste of time.

Ever since this has happened, you've had a problem with me, granted me coming back at you isn't helping the situation to improve but hey, we're all human and we do get heated. It seemed as though you were and are specifically out to get me for whatever reason when I didn't ask for any of it to be escalated into beef. Yea, I'm new to participating in graff, I acknowledge the fact - shit I'll tell you that I started in November...I don't care. I post pictures on here because I can use the feedback from the established people on what I'm doing right and wrong and how to improve it. It's the same thing I do with my digital art - I post that on the net and in my classes to get critiqued and improve my skills from it. I haven't hit up a single person to trade either, I've said once or twice that if anyone wanted to pm me and I'd work something out and I've gotten some pm's which is great - because it means some people like my stuff enough to want em.

"And than you make a crazy coment like who is Kaws....A supposed "street artist" that doesn't know who Kaws is would be like a metal head not knowing who Ozzy is....."

The exact quote is: "Oh damn, is that a RWK Michelain man? " I never mentioned Kaws, I never was like "who's kaws", I made a mistake and I've admitted it. I don't like to act like I know everything about graf because I barely know shit and I don't think I have either. I've never once said I was a street artist, or a writer - ever. I've said that I'm an *artist* because I am - Traditional art, photographer, digital artist, graphic designer, multimedia designer, music producer, dj, etc... and I can post numerous links to whatever you want to see. But once again, I've never once - ever on 12oz or otherwise said I was a "street artist" or a writer. And you know why? because the only stuff I have on the "streets" is some stencils and stickers.

I don't want the beef to be there man, this shit happened to me with the philly drum and bass scene with me dj'ing, and it's taken 3 years for shit to settle down and have people start to respect what I'm doing. I know alllllll about paying your dues, specifically from my experiences with dj'ing such a small and connected genre of music. I take in the stories, the technique, the advice, coments, and everything else that people give because I know that it'll better me in the end as they've been through it before. You guys have the experience that I or anyone else can learn from and it's valuable. I deffinately can handle the criticism from being a regular artist, and I can deffinately handle the criticism with this as well, but it seemed more along the lines of attacks on me rather than something constructive, and like I said - I went on the defensive. But what can I say man, I'm trying...I'm trying something new here. Yea all I have right now are the clouds and my awful throwups that are in my books but given the criticism and feedback rather than attacks, I can evolve the clouds into other shit, other characters, stuff on the walls, etc etc etc.

I don't have anything else to say as I just spent the better part of the last hour saying it all. I'm over the shit, over the beef and whatnot and hopefully we can both be the bigger men and end this shit.

damn all talk and no fliks makes this a dull thread..haha

my 2 cents

i sent stuff to dave a while back ago and he's in SF..so if he didn't put them up then those are the first im sure...so thank you

i will be sending ur pack sometime this week

maybe i can get a toro sticker on the moon..wens the next moon launch?

hey geist wats ur dj name? i prolly saw you at one point and time or saw ur name on a flyer...

now please!! lets see some fliks!

Originally posted by fr0st@Jan 17 2005, 01:18 AM

damn all talk and no fliks makes this a dull thread..haha

my 2 cents

i sent stuff to dave a while back ago and he's in SF..so if he didn't put them up then those are the first im sure...so thank you

i will be sending ur pack sometime this week

maybe i can get a toro sticker on the moon..wens the next moon launch?

hey geist wats ur dj name? i prolly saw you at one point and time or saw ur name on a flyer...

now please!! lets see some fliks!

I go by Helix - dj'd the NYE party at LaTazza in Olde City, have a weekly online radio show at my school, and have a gig coming up the first week of March as well as a few other times in the past. I'll be back at school tomorrow so the flicks will be coming much more frequently (altho it's cold as shit).

nyeflierfront3.jpg

nyeflierback.jpg

was the flyer for that.

Originally posted by 0RB1T0N3R@Jan 19 2005, 09:25 PM

inkjet. and then i put a clear coat of this stuff over them

it works better than the tape thing and its only like 2 bucks.

Pictures108.jpg

too bad i just made them last night, i wouldve sent you one. ill send another in a future trade or something.

where did you buy the clear coat you used on those stickers? i wouldve probly used that instead of tape.