The Street Sticker Thread

Stomah

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by GEEB@Jan 14 2005, 08:40 PM

Damn guys, lately the street sticker thread has been going slow, we need to start putting more up! im definatly going to have some new flicks by tomarro, or my name isnt Wrastlin' willis'! yee haw!

Because, In the words of the great Dean Martin - "Baby it's cold outside".

routed south street tonight, aint been there in a LONG while... saw a bunch of heads: bob, ving, HUGE ass eltoro's.. those are hott, gotta put me down with the large labels homie, and some ill ass nose jawns... threw up every thing i had on me.. no camera tho... ill get back down there this week probably... oh and rojo those are awesome... especially the long ones with the multiple telephones...

This is just a suggestion, but since its winter, with the rain,snow

and cold i suggest weather proofing your stickers, thats what i

do with my stickers, all it takes is some packaging tape, an

exacto knife or razor and your ready to go! just cover the sticker

with the tape and then smooth out the air bubbles then cut the sticker

out in the shape of your sticker, then presto! rain, snow and cold proof stickers! just a tip. try it, it works.

506339e5.jpg

Sharpies don't stand up that well in bad weather. Not to mention that sunlight just makes them fade.

I used to use the packing tape, but it is added weight on the sticker. As miniscule as it is, it may cause the sticker to peel ever faster.

My advice is to get some vinyl and paint markers (or VERY permanent ink). it looks great and can stay up for FIVE years with some types of vinyl.

Originally posted by geist@Jan 15 2005, 11:15 PM

Oh damn, is that a RWK Michelain man?

23644057858_468.jpg

This is exactly what I am talking about....Kids who live off the internet and have no idea about real street shit......You don't know who Kaws is.....give me a fuckin break!!!!

And don't even try to respond to this post with some smart ass comment about how much of a hater I am.....All you new kids need to spend more time learning the game and less time online tryin to get some "internet fame".......

My 2 cents for the day.....

How do you do street art and not know who Kaws is....

I think Ice-T said it best N-N-N-N-New Jack N-N-N-N-New Jack

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5003 is totally right...just dont get into street art b/c its the new thing to do..if you are gonna participate do your homework and know who was their before you... learn from the masters

as for weather affecting ur shit...i highly promote deco color markers by marvy... they are the illest and so far my stickers haven't faded my advice is stay away from sharpies if your trying to put stuff outside..they are great for books and shit, but not through the weather. STAY AWAY from paint sharpies..HORRIBLE product...don't even spend your time or money...

Originally posted by fr0st@Jan 16 2005, 06:06 PM

5003 is totally right...just dont get into street art b/c its the new thing to do..if you are gonna participate do your homework and know who was their before you... learn from the masters

as for weather affecting ur shit...i highly promote deco color markers by marvy... they are the illest and so far my stickers haven't faded my advice is stay away from sharpies if your trying to put stuff outside..they are great for books and shit, but not through the weather. STAY AWAY from paint sharpies..HORRIBLE product...don't even spend your time or money...

Well I've been *into* it for the past 5 years, but only recently started participating because I felt I had something to contribute to an art form that interested me so much and that I loved. So I got off my ass and got off the sidelines.

And 5003, I'm not gonna even waste my time anymore with you and the dumb fuckin e-vendetta you've got against me. I've never claimed to be a gospel of graff, and I made a mistake...cool. Why don't you do something constructive like...oh I dunno, post some flix of yours/other people's stickers in the street like the THREAD'S SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT. I really dunno why you continue to just go after me specifically but whatever man, it's a forum on the internet - your words in particular aren't doing much for me because I don't respect you. You may do some cool stuff, but because of the attitude that you have for whatever reason, I have no respect for you and therefore your words carry no weight. torro on the other hand isn't giving me this attitude and I respect him for it and what he says.

You can do whatever with what I've said, but like I said....I'm done dealing with you, your attitude, and all the crap you've been saying as of late. So stop being a dumb cunt, stop trolling the internet to give your "witty" replies, get off your ass, and go do something productive with your time.

love

skeg

Here's a Bob sticker, and an eltoro sticker i got in a

sticker trade with

stars above,these are in sanfrancisco,

i havent seen any bobs or eltoros in SF so im hoping these are the first.

By the way im sending some more stickers to you Stars,

frost yours should be on the way sorry for the back up,

and Destruction yours are also on the way(youll find

that your stickers are a bit diffrent in design that i usually would do).

friscobob.jpg

friscoeltoro.jpg