anyone worked at a thrift store before?

Bloc131

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by sludgenuts

i know some people who have worked at them, they didnt complain much. but i know alot of them wont hire you unless you have previous working expierence.

i have a bit of working experience. i can get in for sure

i have worked at a thrift store before, lots of hot girls used to frequent the place, also lots of shitbags. i remember once it reeked of piss for a few hours when i was working there in the summer, and we looked all around for where it was, and this one ex-chola broad i was working with picked up a vase and spilled the reeking piss all down her arms, i had to laugh at her dumb ass for 5 minutes, then i laughed some more. being a clothes sorter is kinda cool i guess, dig thru the pockets of complete strangers dontaed clothing and take their money and whatever else they forgot they forgot, fun times...

They're pretty easy to shoplift from.

Style for Less-Vintage by the Pound in SF is the bomb but they go through periods where they don't have a goddamn thing I want. But I scored some great shirts from there that those pricks at Wasteland on haight would ask $45 for.

Wasteland is such a fucking scam. Asking me to pay $65 for an 83 Iron maiden tour shirt. I'll just go to some hick garage sale for a mountain of those.

Interesting note: I once went to a thrift store and on the shelf was one of those strategy board games entitled Axis And Allies. On the box they showed the flags of all the involved powers during WW2 included the Axis Flag of the Nazi's complete with swastika. In todays P.C. driven climate, you'd NEVER see that on some kids toy.

Originally posted by ese

I think theres a rule if you want to work cash you have to be a hot emo girl. or maybe thats just my local spot. 4 cashiers on sunday. all hot emo girls. it was like the twilight zone. they all fit the stereotype.

My area too...I think it's a requirment.

Originally posted by ese

I think theres a rule if you want to work cash you have to be a hot emo girl. or maybe thats just my local spot. 4 cashiers on sunday. all hot emo girls. it was like the twilight zone. they all fit the stereotype.

Seriously, this is true fact. All the thrift stores you go to where all the decent used clothing is at, there are always HOT chicks there rocking the emo/heroin look. You also get dope looking punk chicks a lot in berkeley.

Seriously, when a cute girl is at the register or assisting me, I usually put money issues outta my head. It's the same thing with a cute bartender.

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

I used to work at the flea market.

Selling ESPRIT pants to girls and guys alike.

I made a grip of loot.

Thrift stores that sell high priced goods is an oxymoron.

Anyone that shops there is...ding ding ding...a moron!

Their are some lesser known thrift stores that sel things

a thrift prices. We have one of those trendy 'upscale'

thrift shops, its called Moon Zoomz...they sell old clothes

at high prices...I dont get it.

:confused:

Originally posted by ese

i dont care, i dont wanna marry them, but you should take pics of them and start a hot thrift store broad thread....

it seems to me that along with an abundance of the previously mentioned hot emo girls and racks and racks of nick nacks, you can also fine a shit load of industrial/dickies like "work pants" which are great. picked up like 5 pairs for 10$....some shit is really cheap, but then some stuff the got marked really expensive, what the fuck

Dude my moms is a manager at this thirft shop called ARC American retarted corporation and they dontae money to retartds. But yeah i always go to this thirft store and visit her and flirt with her employees and theirs always some rich hot chicks shopping. Sorting cloths would suck try to get in the furniture part all you do is push around the service workers doing community service and watch for old 12 inches and turntables to come through. This one time this lady donated 2 gemini turntables and a mixer she said she was tired of the noise from her son!!! crazy geminis suck but hey for 30 bucks you got a cheap set up

I did community service at one. Didn't seem too bad...would've been better if I had gotten paid. The manager seemed pretty nervous having a dangerous criminal like myself working there. :rolleyes:

I suppose one of the perks would be getting your hands on some dope shirts before anyone else laid eyes on em.

I worked at a thrift shop for a coupla summers. It was only me and the 2 managers, pretty laid back, in a nice neighborhood. A lot of the clothes were nice too.

I had to do community service at a scummy thrift store when i got arrested....not nearly as fun and alot dirtier.

Choose your thrift store wisely.

yea its ok working at a thrift store but goodwill and salvation army are kinda ok to work for....and those vintage shops are just a ripoff.

i worked for goodwill for a bit it wasnt too bad....i had first to second pick of everything i liked....mostly records..video games hats, and any music making thing i could get my grubby hands on...pay wasnt too good

but if you are on probation its a good way to get those hours off ..

a jobs a job just dont be picky cause.....well if ya dont you dont you do ya do and dont lick the wall paper and stay the fuck off my porch

Why don't you just START one?

Working for wages is bullshit. I do it because it pays the bills, but if I had to do it over again, I'd NEVER agree to work for wages. Start your own company. You're young, you can handle it. I could never get past my immediate need for food, shelter, etc. I had shit imagination when I was young. No confidence. My buddy Bill in San Francisco was a resourceful, always-on-the-hustle kind of guy. He ran a sheetrock and painting contractor business out of his old Chevy carpet van. Lived in it, too. One smart guy. Why can't I be like him? You could drop him butt naked in the desert and within 24 hours he'd have shoes, clothes, food, a place to live and be starting some kind of company.

Archived