Scanning Devices help spot fake I.D.'s

KaBar2

I read in the paper this morning that liquor stores and bars are using black lights and scanners that read the bar codes and electronic strips on the back of Driver's Licenses to see if they are fake or not. In Indiana they use a system called IDLogix that can detect when the bar code information placed on fake licenses is not provided in a state's particular exact format.

It's been many years since I had to be concerned about getting served booze in a bar, and the ways in which we got around this "back in the day" were crude compared to today's sophisticated methods.

HOWEVER, I can see where having a fake I.D. might be valuable. Twenty years ago and more, when I was active in the anarchist movement, there were people who specialized in I.D.'s, identity papers, passports and so forth. With the increase in concern about national security, I would be surprised if the fake I.D. industry continues much longer with this "open for business" atmosphere. If possession of false identification becomes a major felony, manufacturing it, possessing it, selling it, etc. will be suppressed, like with drugs and handguns up North.

Way back in the '60s during the anti-war resistance, there was a brisk business in identification and establishing an "alternative identity," so that if "something went wrong" one could depart to sunnier climes without so much as a ripple.

Anybody know any good information on fake I.D.'s?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i have a buddy who offered to make me one. im not out for booze, but shows. He said they look good under blacklights, i dont know about a barcode though. If they scan a barcode then they have all my info anyhow. Somebody told me the other day that police were just stopping everybody at this stop sign and checking their info....how sweet is that.

nah.. my fake id is close to flawless.. except when it comes to those scanners.. the guys sells them for 100 a pop.. one cop that confiscated one from my friend said it was the best fake ID he had ever seen.. ahh i dont care.. i wont need on in a year or two..

I typed a rather lengthy reply then changed my mind. With colleges and underage kids wanting to get into the bars for liquor or shows...there will always be the supply and demand effect.

edit..adding a bit more:

with all the technology out there...someone with a minimal amount of skill and talent can copy any ID design. I've seen minimal alterations to full on reproductions. Both very convincing.

I found beer and liquor pretty easy to buy in my neighborhood. Its not that I really looked 21 but that I knew the person behind the counter. Not that he/she was a prior friend but you see this person atleast 3 times a week. And after a while you know each other by name. After the first time you buy beer w/o ID its much easier after

Originally posted by kido

I found beer and liquor pretty easy to buy in my neighborhood. Its not that I really looked 21 but that I knew the person behind the counter. Not that he/she was a prior friend but you see this person atleast 3 times a week. And after a while you know each other by name. After the first time you buy beer w/o ID its much easier after

now that's how you gotta do it..

all you need is someone whos of legal age that looks like you, then obtain their id. thats what i had until i was legal. never failed me once. youd be surprised how little people actually care. ive been on the other side as well and im sure ive let in a ton of underagers. people dont reeally know if its you or not. they really cant be fucked. if it looks like you its you.

now those night club scanners that have your face on a network and a list of problems youve caused are scary.

i've seen those nightclub scanners, but all ther ever showed was the birthdate. just as confirmation that it was a valid state issued id. but that is only for clubs/bars. you should still have no problems buying shit at stores w/ a fake.. and like tt said just get a 'real' fake i.d. in high schoool we used to know some guy who worked at this college bar which means tons of fakes and real fakes confiscated and he would let us go through and take a bunch. so we had back ups and extras to sell.

but just like conterfitting money.. as the legit technology advaces so will the blackmarket technology.

It's all in the attitude wehn it comes time to pony up your I.D. for inspection..nervousness, not knowing the info on the i.d., acting distracted....big tip offs you're packing blanks.

I love the whole first name basis situation. Just throw your money down, scoop up your booze and go!

i got a fake one where its says im 18 on it...im 17 and i made it myself

i was gona make myself 21 so i can buy LQ but i didnt wana make it too hot...i mean a 17 yearold with a learners permit thats says ur 21...hmmmmmmmmmm

^^^^ ILoveBoxcars...if you life in the bay area i suggest the following bars...

1.Mallard Club, Sunday night, beautiful asian bartendress working upstairs. Worth the pricey drinks. Find my tags in the bathroom!

2.Radio Room, emo hell but decent music and more alcohol that juices or sodas in your drinks

3.Ruby Room, dark, shadowy, you can smoke in there because the cops hardly even know it's there. Great bathroom with stylistic tags galore. Find my tags in the bathroom!

4.The Acme (near corner of university and san pablo in oakland.) $1 Pabst wednesday nights, pool table, tagged up bathrooms with funny ass shit written by drunks, excellent jukebox. FInd my tagged proclomation of love to my gf behind the door written very drunk! My arch enemy frequents this bar and I always hope one of these days i'm gonna catch him there.

Other bars...

Lucky 13 (roofies glaore. Watch your gf's booze)

Lost Weekend

Scobies (beware of angry union labor and jocks)

Originally posted by Fox Mulder

like the person above said, get a real fake id. find someone who looks remotely like you and use theirs. it's not that hard if you try.

when i read the above mentioned article, this was the first thing that came to my mind. my fake is just some dude's id that an old roomate found. the picture on my fake has a black beard (my facial hair grows in red) and he doesnt even really look like me, but it still works.

Originally posted by KaBar2

I read in the paper this morning that liquor stores and bars are using black lights and scanners that read the bar codes and electronic strips on the back of Driver's Licenses to see if they are fake or not. In Indiana they use a system called IDLogix that can detect when the bar code information placed on fake licenses is not provided in a state's particular exact format.

It's been many years since I had to be concerned about getting served booze in a bar, and the ways in which we got around this "back in the day" were crude compared to today's sophisticated methods.

HOWEVER, I can see where having a fake I.D. might be valuable. Twenty years ago and more, when I was active in the anarchist movement, there were people who specialized in I.D.'s, identity papers, passports and so forth. With the increase in concern about national security, I would be surprised if the fake I.D. industry continues much longer with this "open for business" atmosphere. If possession of false identification becomes a major felony, manufacturing it, possessing it, selling it, etc. will be suppressed, like with drugs and handguns up North.

Way back in the '60s during the anti-war resistance, there was a brisk business in identification and establishing an "alternative identity," so that if "something went wrong" one could depart to sunnier climes without so much as a ripple.

Anybody know any good information on fake I.D.'s?

i "HEARD" that its hard as hell to fake an id strip in the back. thats almost impossible, or it was for the people who i "HEARD" it from.