silentbob says no to super slow death

SilentBob

So after 7 years of investment into future cancers and general unhealthyness, I've decided its time to bite the bullet and quit smoking. At some point I realised that despite the fact I'm normally totally unsatisfied for one reason or another, I actually do value my health and my life. I know this due to my reactions to the near death experiences I've had aswell as my undieing fear of needles ( HIV looks like a mutherfucker). So its been 4 days since my last ciggerette, and I'm edgy like excallibor. I've put on weight. I'm finding it hard to talk to people because I feel so out of my natural element. I'm haveing trouble working for the same reason. I can't fucking think straight. In conclusion .... hooray for addiction

Feel free to leave some quit smoking tips... and/or some smart ass remarks..

I'll leave you with the best words I've heard all day ( even though they have nothing to do with smoking or quitting it ) "Kids at school laugh at me because I'm different...I laugh at them because their all the same" - friend of a friends 13 yr old daughter ..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by SilentBob

I'll leave you with the best words I've heard all day ( even though they have nothing to do with smoking or quitting it ) "Kids at school laugh at me because I'm different...I laugh at them because their all the same" - friend of a friends 13 yr old daughter ..

that's from a t-shirt. your friend's daughter gets zero originality points. my mom chewed a lot of gum when she was quitting. best o luck.

Guest WebsterUno

^^^hahaha....quitters never win!

but hey man, good for you!

I dont smoke...cigarettes...but

I know addiction is hard to beat.

• 9 months later...

So I thought I'de bump this thread considering I seem to have sucessfully quit smoking. Lets see, the date I posted this was "10-13-2003" 12 oz time. And its now 7/14/04 by my watch so thats roughly 9 months since I last smoked. I'm pretty happy with my effort. Anyone who's tried knows that shit isn't easy. I found every single thing I used to do while smoking ( which is more or less everything) had to be re-learnt .. but once you did whatever it was, the next time was alot easier... Since I've quit I've found my random stomache pains have stopped and my chest pains have eased up.. I'm a bit up on cash and I get to look snootily down on all my friends who looked at me and said "hey, if that undisciplined fuck can quit I can aswell", but never actually did.

Highlights of my non smoking career included.. lighting a cigerette for a friend who had just been hit by a car ....and not inhaling (clinton status) and... well ... thats about it ...

i dont know why it was so easy for me, but after 5 or 6 years of smoking i just quit on the dime and havent looked back. the first couple weeks werent even that bad, i just didnt think about smoking. now i dont even consider it, it feels like i never smoked.

who knows if i ever start again, but at this point i dont think I will. thats the way you should look at it. make it like a contest to see how long you can go without em, and eventually itll plain go away.

i feel a lot better now, i dont cough as much and i don't stink.

I've been off the junk since June 01.

I've been using the patch but some days

I just forget to put it on. I really think I've kicked it this time.

You just need to totally accept that it is the single worst 'socially accepted' thing you can do for yourself.

Thanks guys ... quitting smoking for me was a real cunt rag .. so I'm really pleased I've managed what I have..

Basf, I don't know... I still get cravings sometimes .. but I've also quit before for like 3 months then started again and regretted it ... so hopefully thats lesson learnt... right now I'm just trying to get through the year.

and goodluck to you guys also trying to kick the habbit... I found those nicotine inhalers to be good.. they taste like shit, and if you buy the nicorette ones, your going to look like you have a tampon hanging from your lip... but if your desperate they definately take some of the edge off...

Archived