PUNK ROCK!

causinpanic

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm sorry but, when i saw the new rancid video i knew it was over. i mean kelly osborn (who has an odd charm that i like) and good charlotte in the video "hanging". that's corny, and it only goes to show that a good punk band has to give props to the pop punk favs of the day.

then the transplants song in the shampoo commercial....god

but i guess ya gotta pay the bill.

Originally posted by the_gooch

then the transplants song in the shampoo commercial....god

but i guess ya gotta pay the bill.

Yeah, hearing that song in the commercial killed it for me. Yes, you have to pay the bills one way or another. Integrity apparently doesn;t get you a big screen t.v. or a gold plated low rider bike.

Doesn't that just suck though? They were trying to blow up the deftones a few years back but it never happened. Thank god. At least some bands are still sacred.

98 Mute- Picture This

Social Distortion- Moral Threat

Originally posted by **REDRUMS**

propagandi

dead fucking kennedys

...and might I add...

Minor Threat

Circle Jerks

Guttermouth

The Clash (that's right, fuck you)

Fugazi

NOFX (yea, I said it)

Bad Brains

Bouncing Souls (well, Epitaph Release and everything before)

Exploited

Swingin Utters

...I haven't dug through a lot of my punk albums in a while, those are off the top of my head though...

"Punk rock" isn't gay. "All music" is gay. "Scenes" are gay. "You" are gay.

Um, I don't even know what punk rock is anymore.. but heres some shit I listen to.

Immortal Lee County Killers.

Hellacopters.

An Albatross.

At the Drive-in.

Roofies.

Coachwhips.

Dead Kennedys.

Dead Low Tide.

Murder City Devils.

Dead Milkmen.

New Bomb Turks.

Oblivians.

I'm too lazy to keep going.. that will have to do.

uk 77 82 84 and the like

chron gen

cock sparrer

anti pasti

gbh

varukers

condemned 84

early discharge

oi polloi

oxymoron

adicts

crass

conflict

rudimentary peni

fear

circle jerks

richard hell and the voidoids

bad brains

...to name a few.

have another beer with fear is in the player as of now.

i could probably type all day, but i'm going to go drink a couple of 40s cause that's the punk thing to do.

:lick:

today i got

dead low tide record

knife fight 7"

surf nazis must die 7"

caustic christ 7"

runnamucks "of a different breed"

evasion zine

heartattack zine

im set for the month

I cant imagine a person who could hate the murder city devils or dead low tide. spencer has a new band in seattle called Triumph of Lethargy Skinned Alive to Death, but sadly they suck

Originally posted by kilgoretrout

wow sludgenuts i love phish too!!!

maybe we can put all of our political differences behind us and be totallly best friends and go to a phish concert to drop acid. when did you discover phish? i was enlightened when i saw that episode of the simpsons when homer is perscribed pot for his eye crust stuff.

email me at PhishLOvr@hotmail.com:cool:

do you hate me yet?

p.s. that is such a great episode. but then again if anyone mentions any episode everyone syas that is such a great episode. so ive come to the conclusion. youcant say that anymore cause they all are of great brilliance.

p.p.s. shut up four eyes!

no slugenuts, how could i possibly hate a fellow phish lovr.

yes, every single episode of the simpsons is like a mozart symphony without the urge to fall asleep. pure and utter brilliance..

dont make fun of my glasses. i need them or i wont be able to do my precious classwork.

First, as to selling out, The whole concept refers not to getting popular and making lots of money. But its the band changing there music to appeal to the popular market, yes this will result in the selling out...money, fame and whatnot.

As to the best punk bands, old bands such as

The buzzcocks, Angelic upstarts, the clash, dead kennedys, the sex pistols, the cockney rejects, the 4-skins, the damned, the jam(not that they were really punk), as well as some dope ska bands which also emerged later on such as madness and the specials.

Nowdays, emmm id have to say im a sucker for

AFI, boy sets fire, thursday, the ataris, something corporate, Taking back sunday, MXPX, Thrice, Finch, Dropkick murphys, sugarcult, a simple plan, No-fx , teen idols, lagwagon, anti-flag, ermmmmmmm... probably a few more...

and yes im aware a lot of them are faggy emo-lets go sing about death and cutting ourself cos i lost a girl-core

meh...

the musics allright, as are some of the girls... they are all pretty fucked in the head.

But the punk scene sucks.

oh how i just wasted my time.

funtimes.

peace.

OVIES.

Dont pretend like you listen to punk rock because you have nothing but garage "artful dodger" in your mp3 player in your 2003 peugot.

you wear pale pink lacoste polo shirts with beige hugo boss pants and mocasins, you also use hair putty and go to cafes and have lattes and biscotte.

i have seen you paint subiaco (upperclass supeurb) using belton premiums and you only use brand spanking nibs...all from your prada messenger bag

thats all. :lol:

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

man people listen to a lot of poppy crap...

i just had to say this again... not to say there haven't been a few good "punk rock" bands mentioned, but the majority has been utter shit, and it amazes me what gets thrown under the title of punk rock these days...

AFI has always sucked... even when they were on that 'East Bay Hardcore' bullshit... A bunch of Fucking Idiots... and I think they did a song with Counting Crows a while ago. Fuck AFI, sound like Marilyn Manson, Creed, and Green Day in a small hallway. Fuck them in their stupid asses.

Archived