Anxiety

GucciCondom

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
therapy did not do shit for me, i wanted to punch the bitch in the face, but hey if it helps others more power to them.

While not necessary, it does help to have someone you connect with, and not with a punch. It also helps if you're open-minded and real w/ yourself (not saying you weren't, I wasn't there).

I see a lot of situations where people have some obvious issues that get dealt with by supplying meds ad nauseum, which seems to benefit the Psychiatrist more than the patient.

I was on various daily meds, mostly ssri's, for years, along with xanax. Been off the dailies for about a year now and still get xanax for the occasional panic attack or bad anxiety, but its nothing like it used to be. I used to have like 5 or 6 big attacks a day, where i would often have to just bail out of wherever i was or if i was home i'd have to lay down for like 20 minutes to compose myself. Shit is no fun.

swamp,

yeah, i dont know why i said it wasnt a benzo, i totally knew it was. must have been thinking of something else.

gucci,

glad you finally got your shit right. i been dealing with anxiety/panic issues since 94. once you been through it, you cant help but be sympathetic to anyone else that deals with it. shit is brutal.

the other day i talked to a writer who clings to the fame his well known brother has. he himself is just a hipster fag, this is how the convo went.

"hey swindz man whats goin on"

"not much man, whats up?"

"ohh you know man, stressed out, i got so many mental disorders right now."

"are you okay? i didn't know that"

"i have depression. anxiety disorder. insomnia. and mild ocd. im all kinds of fucked right now"

"ohhh..that sucks man, keep your head up :rolleyes:"

dude lives in a rich as house in a fucking good area, goes to a private school and all that shit.

i've had anxiety issues since i was younger but i don't tell the world about it. and i'm sure everyone gets really depressed at some stage. oh and since when did a few sleepless nights count as insomina? kids these days

Good shit on getting through it gucci I reckon it's just early mid teens to early 20's a phase of life most people go through especially when you combine the shit with drugs/drinking and hanging around the wrong people your brain/body goes through changes into maturing and when your completely fucking yourself up often it can be hard but you get through that shit.

people confuse internet/tv addiction with insomnia. turn that shit off. read a book. you'll be tired in a couple chapters.

exactly. people don't understand that these things get the brain excited and doing these things up until you go to sleep doesn't give the brain enough time to get ready for rest

You've got to give the guy credit, at least he searched for the thread before starting one up. He also bumped it with a reason and not to just be a nerd. It's not like he bumped it up just to say "BOOGIE HANDS!"

true. but he offered advice to something that was 6 years old

a boogie hands bump would have been more notable