China china china china

ubejinxed

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

eastern toilets aren`t that bad once you get used to them, its definitely not for the newspaper readers but its a lot quicker and cleaner. you need to either fully take your pants off or just be sure your belongings dont fall out of your pockets. mobile phone companies are making $$$$ for not making those things water proof.

ube did you like shanghai or beijing better? i`ve only been to hk and macau never to mainland. i have been considering studying there for a year. i know the shanghai dialect is pretty exclusive from the rest of china but it seems from films books etc a little more interesting. chinese women are fine but yes they do like money a little too much. then again i do love a woman that can eat alot.

Originally posted by Rectum

chinas kinda cool but i dontlike the way they think its cool to stare at you

and touch your arms because they have never seen a hairy arm before

and follow you into toilets to look at your dick out of curiosity

not that i condone these actions but for the most part it isn`t done with any ill will. asian people are fascinated with westerns. they usually only see them on tv so usually they think that you must be a movie star, being able to afford overseas travel. staring isnt considered rude in eastern cultures, and is especially annoying with their stone blank faces we dont know what the hell they are thinking. the penis size check is very annoying especially to us western homophobes but again eastern cultures are more open about seeing each other naked, take communal baths, and the myth of the huge american dick can be a little too tempting for them not to take a peek. these things can be a bonus if you are the playboy type and want to clearup any doubts with the asian women.:dazed: ;)

Chinese toilets and Japanese toilets are the same.

We had western-style toilets on base in Okinawa and also at Subic Bay, Phillipine Islands, but the toilets out in the ville were pretty much exactly like those pics ^^^. We called them "slit toilets," because they are sort of similar to "slit trenches" Marines use for latrines in the field. (Actually, the word "latrine" is virtually unheard in the Marines. If it's in a building, it's a "head," if it's outdoors, it's a "shitter.")

The sewers in Okinawa in 1980 were open concrete trenches with a removeable concrete cover. They are called "ben jo ditches." The stench is unbelieveable. And the sewers empty right into the bay where the beaches were. Stunk like, well. . .shit. No sewage treatment plants, at least not out in the ville. The base had one, of course.

On the subject of chinese toilet's;

I was on this tour guided nature hike outside of Hong Kong. It's a 3 hour hike there and back but towards the end I had to make tinkle. So I asked the guide where the bathroom was, and he takes me to one of those porcelan holes in the ground. I figured this must be a some kind of gag the guides pull on gullable American tourists, so I walked around the back side of the shack and did my buisness. It wasn't until we got back to the hotel that my brother filled me in.

Ahhhhh good times.:cool:

Originally posted by serum

not that i condone these actions but for the most part it isn`t done with any ill will. asian people are fascinated with westerns. they usually only see them on tv so usually they think that you must be a movie star, being able to afford overseas travel. staring isnt considered rude in eastern cultures, and is especially annoying with their stone blank faces we dont know what the hell they are thinking. the penis size check is very annoying especially to us western homophobes but again eastern cultures are more open about seeing each other naked, take communal baths, and the myth of the huge american dick can be a little too tempting for them not to take a peek. these things can be a bonus if you are the playboy type and want to clearup any doubts with the asian women.:dazed: ;)

yeah all true but it stills erks me

..Chinese girls are not nearly as fly as other asian women like viets and filos so all you perverts wanting to visit the orient to attract

money-hungry easy pussy might want to consider a different country

Was the food good?

Was it very mountainous?

Did you see any interesting animals/critters?

the food was actually very good, and i ate A LOT of it since it was mostly buffet and family style. i'm a vegetarian so i didn't get much strange stuff, but even the street vendor food was good.

some parts were very mountainous but it may have just been the area i was in. we went to mt Tai (daishan) and that was pretty high up there, but in Shanghai it was pretty flat. it varies like the US

not too many interesting odd animals, i made it to the large cat zoo where many people gathered to watch the big cats be tossed live birds with their wings clipped for amusement

ube did you like shanghai or beijing better?

i personally liked Shanghai better, but it was much more western and cosmopolitan. the city never ended and there were more expats. it depends what you're interested. Beijing is more traditional and cherishes their history and Shanghai is all about business expansion. most of the city was built in the last 10 years. it has some really cool buildings too. the people were friendly in both places.

about the chinese staring at you, yes they do it openely but it's not bad, you feel kind of like a celebrity. they point smile and make long nose indications. aparently this is a compliment and they affectionately call westerners "big noses". it didn't bother me at all it was more amusing than anything, and they're sooooo nice.

Originally posted by ubejinxed

about the chinese staring at you, yes they do it openely but it's not bad, you feel kind of like a celebrity.

I was in the Philippines a few years ago and it was the exact same thing, everyone sorta going a double take or just watching you to see what you are going to do.

I went to this arcade and was playing Metal Slug and all of a sudden I had a crowd of 20 school boys all watching me from afar, like they wouldn't get closer than 10 feet. It was funny. So I popped more coins in and me and the kids took turns playing vids. It was a memorable time.

i think the next destination will be Egypt (or Greece and Italy)

I think tesseract just fainted! kidding!

egypt is great!

I spent 2 weeks there and it was incredible.

Most tour packages give you a few days in Cario then

a crusise down the nile with possible trips to Alexandria.

I'd seriously suggest taking a full week in Cario before you

start any kind of tour. The Citadel will take a full day to explore.

The big museam could take me 2 days to tour. Plus there's a bunch

of other exciting things in the city.

When I went we had an egyptian boy sponsored with Foster Parents Plan

so I brought him some soccer balls, because they didn't have any good one,

and I think the kid immediately became King of the 'hood. He gave me

a bunch of homemade firecrackers the locals make. Wild!

Then cruise down the nile and hit all the stops.

Without a doubt... the Balley of the Kings is THE best thing in egypt after the great pyramid.

Wow....How inspriring. Thanks for posting all the cool photos!

I really hope T.T and I make it to asia this summer.

I'd like to go back to China as I spent 4 years of my childhood there.

Did you see anyone flying those elaborate dragon fly or bird kites?

Archived