arnold wins?

mapo returns

Originally posted by mapo returns

because im sick of career politicians selling out to special interests.

arnold is a moderate, which i like.

i also like his stance on gay rights, illegal immigration, and abortion.

just give him a chance. jesse ventura was a good governor, so ya never know. but fuck all these career politicians who are only out for themselves.

even if arnold isnt a great governor, i hope this sends a message that america is open to people from all walks of life representing the people.

maybe now other people who considered running but werent typical politicians will give it a shot. this is what democracy is about.

um ok ...this is California, the most populated state in America. I could understand if it was Wyoming or West Virginia but this is California. C'mon be serious. I'm all for democracy but this has little to do with democracy. I'm sure there were candidates that were more qualified than Arnold but never got a chance because all the media's attention was on Arnold. There are no words for this it's just ridiculous.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest im not witty

even if arnold isnt a great governor, i hope this sends a message that america is open to people from all walks of life representing the people.

maybe now other people who considered running but werent typical politicians will give it a shot. this is what democracy is about.

granted i dont know too much about arnolds policies, neither does he from what ive seen.. but please dont play the angle that this is a victory that will show the people that anyone can win. ahhhnold is hardly a "everyman". id venture 10 % of the people who voted for him are like you and agree with his "policy" maybe 40% are republicans who want california under republican control and dont care who is at the wheel, and the rest did that shit as a goof and left the polls snickering "i just voted for kindergarden cop" if he was a no name person from "all walks of life" he wouldnt have fucking won.

Let's see how Arnie does.

He's a political neophyte. But he has very powerful friends in Hollywood, and he married into the Kennedy clan. I find it hard to believe he will fuck things up too badly. At least, not any worse than Gray Davis did. And don't forget---"checks and balances." California does have a legislature and a Lieutenant Governor, ya know.

Must be a real rush for him, though---poor deaf kid from Austria, whose father was an Austrian Nazi (a hated enemy of the United States,) who immigrates to the U.S. with virtually nothing, and winds up Governor of California. Man. What a story. The entire world is watching this shit and thinking "America is definately the land of opportunity. Even the children of America's enemies can become rich."

good points kabar.

He's obviously got a lot of handlers and those people will keep

him from making any major mistakes of a political nature. He

might still make some personal ones, but seing as there's a tie

to the Kennedys... there's already a major system set up to keep

them from imploding.

and yes... Arnie is a classic example of the Immigrant's American Dream.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Re: Let's see how Arnie does.

Originally posted by KaBar2

The entire world is watching this shit and thinking "America is definately the land of opportunity. Even the children of America's enemies can become rich."

Reporting from across the pond

"America is definatelly the land of opportunity. Even the biggest dumbass can become a governor..or a president"

Guest WebsterUno

i also like his stance on gay rights, illegal immigration, and abortion.

Illegal Aliens

Go back to your home country, asshole. Why the fuck do you even come here? Your life sucks because youre stupid and uneducated, not because your country sucks. "Over here in [shit country] I am a janitor, who makes no money. :cries: If I were in America, Id be the CEO of General Motors. Tonight, I will cowardly run away from my problems instead of fixing things in my own country! Die. Die. Die. [/b]

yeah....right!

Remember this thread...asswipe?!

Youre a shmuck. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by WebsterUno

yeah....right!

Remember this thread...asswipe?!

Youre a shmuck. :rolleyes: [/b]

yeah i remember that thread. obviously i exaggerated for effect, but alot of it is true.

arnold was never an illegal alien though, if thats what youre getting at.

would you like to see just anyone come over here with no background checks or medical checks, to use our welfare systems, hospitals, etc?

is that a sound policy to you? fuck off, asshole - youre just pissed because i dissed 'your people'. suck my dick.

now that thats out of the way...

It will be interesting to see if Devilush actually leaves California, my guess is no.

Why are people so close-minded anyway? He just got voted in less than 24 hours ago and people already hate him. Jesus Christ.

As if Gray Davis was so fucking great.

And go read the actual quote of his Hitler comments. He never praised Hitler. Propaganda - aint it a bitch?

saw a disturbing little clip with arnolds top advisor today. its getting lots of play here right now. they were asking him (the advisor, forget his name, he's a senator) about his commitment to getting back the movie business that was slipping away to canada (mainly vancouver) due to the cheap dollar. its a subject he's very vocal on, and nobody expected his camp to mince words, but he added a touch of class by refering to vancouver as "hongcouver". I can only imagine whats to come....

"Hongcouver"? Seriously?

What does the movie industry have to do with the amount of asians that live in Vancouver? That comment is so completly out of context (not to mention racist) that I have to believe that the newly elected governor really might be trouble.

straight up. they have his advisor on video for an interview saying it. his exact words were: somthing somthing somthing " like vancouver, or as we like to call it, hongcouver" blah blah blah blah. the anchors were in disbelief. like they were just handed a big fat cheque or somthing. usually they dont hand you a gem like that....they back into it and start spinning in minutes. doubt anybody in the states will even hear about it to be honest.

Is this a reference to Hong Kong?

I'm afraid I don't quite get the slur, if it is one. Are you saying that Arnold's top advisor made a racial slur against Asian-Canadians or what? I guess it's lucky for the people of Hong Kong that Canada welcomes them. We have several hundred thousand Chinese immigrants in Houston as well. I live, more or less, in the "new Chinatown." Street signs are in both English and Chinese, block after block of well-capitalized Asian-owned businesses, many of whose business signs are in Chinese. Quite honestly, I have no idea what they do in at least half of them, because there is no English sign to tell potential customers what kind of business they are in.

I suppose turn about is fair play, eh? I can't recall too many Caucasian-owned businesses with a sign in Vietnamese or Chinese, either. There are some (mostly real estate places or car lots) that advertise "Se Habla Espanol," but not many.

kabar: I think its more a matter of just "what the hell does that have to do with anything?" than it being particularly crude. I still don't understand why he said it? some kind of reference to hong kong producing alot of movies cheaply? and this guy is a career politican? you think he'd know to choose his words carefully by now...

Archived