Lost in Translation

Guest Pilau Hands

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i'll check it out, probably at blockbuster.

i still hold a grudge against sophia for fucking up the godfather iii. maybe i'll get over it one day.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by TEARZ

i'll check it out, probably at blockbuster.

i still hold a grudge against sophia for fucking up the godfather iii. maybe i'll get over it one day.

Father Tearz,

take my word you'll dig that movie...sophia is dope

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Crimsøn

I dont relly know how to explain why, but I really liked it.

I think thats the best reason for liking that movie

Awesome film! Beautiful photography

On the dvd extras there is a deleted scene called Charlotte and Robots. During the opening of the scene she is in a japanese gallery and runs her hand over some books on a table. The last book is Twist/Espo/Reas's Street Market. Damn I got a good eye! I own it!

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by The Former

Damn I got a good eye! I own it!

Don't go around feeling too special about that. I got TWO good eyes, and yes, I own them both as well...

finally saw this movie yesterday. came out of the theater, went to the desk and bought a ticket for the next show..

slow in one or two spots, but visually stunning, good dialogue, witty... the non-verbal communication and story telling was fresh. simple and deep at the same time...

i went last night with the missus, we missed the first 10 minutes, and had to sit in the corner of the first fucking row, but still, it was amazing, filmed really well, good language, bill murray kills it. was it just released on dvd? def a movie id purchase.

Guest KING BLING

A GREAT movie

I loved the movie, it was truly a great intelligent movie with not one flaw in my eyes. I enjoyed the subtleness of it.

Bill Murray's calls to his wife from a diffrent world on the otherside of the planet - they were meant to show the distance that had grown in his relationship with her.

The talk show, karaoke scene, the hotel rooms, etc - all representing a world that is fake and temporary but also that this world encroaches on the space of novel and bright ideas. They are all small spaces in the movie.

The use of the two characters age to show (amongst other things) that apathy is not a result of being beaten down by life but a product of hope and intelligence - one can not be truly apathetic unless they can invision a world that is better than the one that exists. The two share in that hope. I think the dialougue reinforces this...

Even if my interpretations are off, I got a lot out of it...

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Tesseract

It was dope.

And yes, she's special

I second that,

The cinematography was excellent!! It made me wanna go to Tokyo, and as a matter of fact we are taking a trip hear soon when I get this settlement check. I ws thinking something exotic, but geez tokyo looks beautiful.

Guest imported_Tesseract

After i saw "21 grams", "Mystic River", and "Monster" which are suposed to be the heavy artilery of this years movie arsena, as well as a bunch of euro movies,l i say fuck it..Lost In Translation is this years best movie hands down.

Archived