Beats

Originally posted by Vanity

case... no PO...perhaps i can find someone w/ an ftp or server space, or something, and i'll relay the info for you to upload? that's a big if though... but my boy is looking for acid 3.0, or whatever the lastest version is, so he might be able to hook it up w/ some space... worse comes to worse, perhaps through irc while i'm at work, or i should have plenty of access to cable in january.. actually, i could just head to a library and get the shit off irc, in all likelihood (sp?).

word. if you can do any of that, i'm down. i only have ten megs on my website, so i can't upload acid or anything else, maybe something can be done...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

word, i guess what im looking for is cubase, reason, fruity loops, acid, sound forge (i have 4.5, not sure how recent that is), and i suppose i'd need something for mastering....

or if you know anything more proffesional, that you'd advise, that's cool too... i'll hop on in the library and get it.. it's a pretty fast connect there. just let me know when.

Originally posted by yoink

So......If I wanted to starty toying around with beats, I primarily just need to get a program and fuck with it? You know plug and play style? sounds like fun, Id like to start integrating music/sound with my video/web stuff.

Get Fruity Loops... once you can manipulate that to do whatever you want you'll be a lot better off on more sophisticated shit...

Acid's alright if you treat it like a game... having thousands of readily available pre-made samples at your disposal is a sad excuse for 'making music'... but it's fun to dick around with and get the feel for audio... that's how I started out some 6 years ago.

Buzz Software

Also, for all you hardcore computer nerds who like free stuff, like to get into the nut's and bolts of synth programming, and appreciate an open community, you can download

buzz . It's a free sequencer with vsti support. There's also a community that develops plugins for it. Here are some hip-hop tracks done with it

Ebola Virus - A decade of war

Ebola Virus - Evolution

those two songs were FUCKING HORRIBLE.

the beats were...not bad, just boring. the emcee however, holy christ did that guy suck nuts. he cant decide if he wants to be onyx, or a white guy with no delivery who cant rhyme on beat.

sorry if thats your peoples or something, but whoever it is needs to take that shit back to the lab.

26sided... any word?

Originally posted by 26SidedCube

Get Fruity Loops... once you can manipulate that to do whatever you want you'll be a lot better off on more sophisticated shit...

cool thanks for the info, Ill probably start like that, just to get a feel for it, have a little fun, I had acid once from a friend and I didnt like the whole pre-packaged sound part. okay heres my rookie question, do I need to record sounds, or get a keyboard hooked up to the computer to start making beats? or does it come with a library of drums etc...?

Originally posted by boxcarwilly

avils whats tha dealee let me know what i should try for hookin up cubase

be cool man, im on it!! i got your back... gonna have to call my man up and speak to him about your latest problem. should have a reply for ya by today or tomorrow.

preeze bereeve

:huh?:

Originally posted by Vanity

yeah, whatsup w/ my pc copy? :D

hmmm i thought i saw somewhere on this page that casek was gonna hook you up ? i can get cubase for mac but pc will take a bit more fucking around..

holla ?

:huh?:

Originally posted by boxcarwilly

avils whats tha dealee let me know what i should try for hookin up cubase

alright, i got your copy of cubase sx right here... my man assures me this will work. you wanna have at least a g3 running some good ram and a decent version of os.

hit me up avils1@graffiti.net

:eek:

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Alright, so I'm pretty much completely ignorant about audio programs, even though I'm super interested in them and have made a bunch of beats and stuff on (drumroll please)... SoundEdit 16. I've also worked a lot with SoundForge and ACID when I've had access to PC's, and my question forever has been: What's the Mac equivalent for ACID? SE 16 is sort of the (shittier) equivalent to SoundForge, and I'm sick and tired of copy-pasting waveforms to make beats. I need something where I can put drums, loops and bits of audio into neat cubicles and not have to worry if they line up or not.

???

Archived