Beats

Originally posted by seeking

quarter of a million dollars (which i find amazingly hard to believe) worth of software and you did what with it? :rolleyes:

i just got my mpc out of storage recently. havent had time to plug it in though. besides, other than for programming drums, im trying to keep everything in reason...if i can find another copy of the one cd i need that is.

seeking, it's no joke. i can back it up. the most expensive things i had were the the plugins. no fucking joke...i have graphics software that rivals that in value right now. you wanna go? i'll prove it. if you really want me to go through my 100 stack of software cd's, i'll do it. i'll list every program that i have. no even play with a nerd, 'cause i'll prove you wrong...i'm only joking about the attitude, not the software.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by 26SidedCube

Word.

I've got Logic Platinum 5.01, Sonar 2, Reason 2.5, Fruity Loops 3.56 and the half-bastard FL Studio 4.1... I've also got an Alesis SR-16 for dicking around on.

You need more than one program to make quality beats.

you're in michigan right?

you got all that for mac or pc?

cause i could really use a copy of 2.5 for a mac.

and i disagree that you need more than one program to make good beats, you just need to know how to use whichever program you chose. all of 'endtroducing' was made on an mpc60. rjdj or whatever the fuck his name is, not only was his whole album made on a mpc, but 90% of the final mixing was done on it as well.

casek,

your probably right, i just dont really understand how...then again, im not at all that deep into the shit either. im sure all those sample cd's an stuff are prolly expensive... outside of reason, i dont have much of a use for anything else.

i spose if i was putting vocals on shit, id want protools or cubase, but otherwise... its all just extranious shit to me.

see, seeks, i'm a nerd...i know where to get this stuff. i could never afford the shit that i use....ever. 3dsm 5 is 5 grand....plus the plug ins to make pretty fire and realistic water and all that other junk...jesus.. plus the video editing stuff...premiere and after effects and plug ins...gah! you just don't know what you're getting into once you become addicted.

i suppose, to some, it'd seem silly to have all of this stuff. you're a minimalist. that's all good. i really respect that. you have what you like and that's enough.a fruit basket is on the way.

Blah

Originally posted by casekonly

i forgot to answer that other question...i did what with all of that software? i played around. learned alot. made a ton of beats. got bored, went back to graphics and video editing.

That's where I'm stuck right now. I make mad beats, have 200+ in stock from last year, but they're all collecting dust on a web site. It just seems pointless to keep pounding out more when it's not leading you anywhere.

Originally posted by boxcarwilly

what about macs... all these are fucking exe files whys the music world hating on steve jobes

protools... although you should be used to macs not having the variety of pc's...

and for the kids hating on fruity loops, 9th wonder (little brother) makes his beats w/ it (though, admittedly, i never bothered hearing anything form this cat)

science fiction uses cakewalk (though this kid's an ass)

but yeah... i really should get a real sampler...

avils, perhaps i messed up on the install, but i couldn't get cubase to work for nothing.

and nobody should be using sample cd's, c'mon... that's almost as bad as digital diggin... eh casek.. what's up w/ the hook up? ;)

my boy got an old apple comp. and set up cubase 1.5 or something on it, actually sounded quite nice.

i'll hook you up with whatever you want, man.

as for the sample cd's, my friends and i used to chop those up like something that's chopped up alot...i'm not good with analogies...

seriously, they are worth something, you just have to tweak them. the production quality on those acid sample cd's is remarkable.

anyway, yeah, drop me aline adn list out what you want and i'll see what i can do. you are down for a trade, right?

Originally posted by Vanity

and for the kids hating on fruity loops, 9th wonder (little brother) makes his beats w/ it

i rest my case :P

avils, perhaps i messed up on the install, but i couldn't get cubase to work for nothing.

lemme know if you need a copy of cubase 6.. i got some hookups.

:huh?:

casek.. im kind of our of the loop (pun intended) as to new software.. im still rocking sound forge, fruity loops, and acid 2.0... i do have a grip of older stuff if you're looking for that... but as far as actual trading.. i am on dialup, so it'll be slow.

also, if any of you nerds know anything about soundcards, i'd appreciate some info on decent sound cards for recording and such... i've looked into a couple... and w/ a lot it seems like i'd be better off just getting a sampler and hooking it up scsi...

anywho.. im off to bed kids:dazed:

Originally posted by seeking

you're in michigan right?

you got all that for mac or pc?

cause i could really use a copy of 2.5 for a mac.

and i disagree that you need more than one program to make good beats, you just need to know how to use whichever program you chose. all of 'endtroducing' was made on an mpc60. rjdj or whatever the fuck his name is, not only was his whole album made on a mpc, but 90% of the final mixing was done on it as well.

I used to live in Michigan, now I'm growing mold in Queens due to some things...

Anyway, I've got those for PC... I'll ask a couple of my friends that work in studios if they can get their hands on a copy for you if you still need it in about a week or so.

Yeah, I didn't mean using more than one prog is musical dogma, personally tho I'll make my beats in FL or Reason and then use Sonar to compress, add effects, and eventually master... granted, you can do all of this in Reason itself with the plug-ins but Sonar being specifically designed for production I tend to get better results.

...and an MPC isn't a program... it's a godsend. My friend got a 3000 from some guy who's roommate got deported off EBay a year ago for $250... fucking bastard. Wanna trade your's for a copy of Reason and a slightly used soul?

if you know someone that has a copy and can easily burn it for me, id gladly make a trade with you for something. i dont know what you might want in return, but i'll definitely make it worth your while.

and i know what you meant the programs, i was just being overly thurough and unecessary. and yes, the mpc is the greatest thing ever. those 16 pads and the ability to program drums like a motherfucker are the only things keeping me from devoting myself fulltime to the laptop....actually, i love the sequencer too. whatever enough talking time for a shower, get at me

tech help from a cubase user

avils i hooked it up with an unlocked cubase sx the install went perfect the only problem i am running into is on initialization, when it gets to the bundle the whole prog automatically quits upon init of this said bundle i dont even know where the fuck to start to fix it. and that goddamn unity trial popup has to go. thank christ my limewire was running at over 150kbps last nite i tried three different downloads and kept running into the same snag. hook a brother up if you can think of anything, and thanks for the mac comment.

wow... the beat nerds have come out!

My copy of reason was free because I work with some

serious audio nerds. There's pretty much whatever I want

here for free (only the top apps like protools and other digidesign ish).

However.... I dont have a computer at home so I can really set it

all up. I'm running reason on a laptop that I take home every once

in a while, plus some timewasting at work. I should get a comp for home.

two things with hamerhead...

there's some great sound packs to download BUT

there's no little red light to show where you are. It doesn't

even have a measure counter. It has to be all by ear. booo-urns!

case... no PO...perhaps i can find someone w/ an ftp or server space, or something, and i'll relay the info for you to upload? that's a big if though... but my boy is looking for acid 3.0, or whatever the lastest version is, so he might be able to hook it up w/ some space... worse comes to worse, perhaps through irc while i'm at work, or i should have plenty of access to cable in january.. actually, i could just head to a library and get the shit off irc, in all likelihood (sp?).

Re: tech help from a cubase user

avils i hooked it up with an unlocked cubase sx the install went perfect the only problem i am running into is on initialization, when it gets to the bundle the whole prog automatically quits upon init of this said bundle i dont even know where the fuck to start to fix it. and that goddamn unity trial popup has to go. thank christ my limewire was running at over 150kbps last nite i tried three different downloads and kept running into the same snag. hook a brother up if you can think of anything, and thanks for the mac comment.

aight lemme call my bro and check with him... he's a fucking mac guru and leaves me for dead.

in the meantime, don't sweat it...recommend you increase your intake of beer and el's until the prob is solved. least thats what i do.

oh yeh, what shit are you running ? o.s version, g3 g4 etc ????

thanks avils

i have a power book g4 osx 10.2

i dont have any soundcards except the stock one and i was thinking that may be the midi problem but i checked out my core midi files and they all seem in order any help would RO cee kay.

alright, jb.. i had a chat to my man.he had the exact same problem as you. you need to delete ALL your plug-ins for cubase, and d/l a different set from the net and install those ones instead. after that you should be running aok. he reckons its a common problem with cracked versions of cubase, and apparently the plug ins you get with em are rubbish. do this and let me know if it helps. if you need more detail holla and i'll hook it up.

the world is dead to me. :huh?:

Archived