Atmosphere

RASTAKINOVER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have you been under a rock? the name has been rolling off of backpackers' tongues for quite some time...although he is dope.

anyway...to make things clear..

http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/j/e/jel40/PDRM0155.JPG'>

Check out the new Semi.Official, it's cool. I Self Divine (of RhymeSayers and Micronauts) and DJ Abilities. dynoSPECTRUM is cool too, but printed the fuck out.

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING SLUG THREADS ALREADY

Originally posted by StIdesChurch

clay (no one ever picks this song)

good song..

fashion magazine

scapegoat (that song is so raw live)

adjustments

1597 (or some shit like that?)

it goes

primer

sound is vibration

shit i know theres a bunch of em i like more than those but i cant remember.

fuck em atmos is tight. almost everyone in rhyme sayers is raw as fuck live.

my fave songs would have to be

fuck u lucy

the woman witht he tattooed hands

scapegoat

gods bathroom floor

(lets just say most of overcast)

fuck heros-living legends feat slug...

etc etc..

theres just too much good shit

• 4 weeks later...

I've noticed that a lot of people that say Atmosphere sucks and say Slug is emo used to "like Atmosphere before they were cool." I think they're just upset that Atmosphere isn't their little secret anymore, which is understandable. The interview with Slug in the new Urb magazine is pretty interesting. I'm still trying to decide if what Atmosphere/Slug is doing is good for hip-hop. It's nice to see someone like Slug running around pimping record labels. But on the other hand, after taking a look at the following you have to wonder if it's just another case of "whitey" raping the culture, as was the case with rock and roll, jazz, blues, and so on. And in that interview in Urb Slug seems to be troubled with this same idea. At one point in the interview he said he doesn't want to be the Jerry Lee Lewis of the hip-hop generation, or something to that effect.

yo i was walking around target yesterday to look for a birthday card for my girl and i checked out the new releases in the cd section just to see what was new not really interested in what was new but i swear i was seeing shit cu'z i swear i saw the new slug cd for sale for 13.99...i dunno i used to have to take a 45min train ride to grammaphone just to get the overcast cd when it first came out and now i can just walk across the street and buy slugs new shit....it gave me a weird feeling

Originally posted by Tha Former

Overcast is a great albumn.

I like that whole album,along with the Deep Puddle Dynamics-"Rain Man"...the remix. I don't really like any of the newer stuff.

Archived