fuck off back to chocolate land, you nigger

iloveboxcars

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by OptimusPrime

word, the only way for amerikkkans to get over racisim is humor.

so these two honkeys, a carpet surfer and a nigger walk into a bar...

kumon meng finish the joke. how we mouthafuckin whitebread cracka ass crackas ever gonna get over it if yall, minorites, neva finish yo jokes. im mean shit yo.

wow i thought mr yuck was black!

my dads family is prejudice against dark skinned black..and most of them being high yellow or mullato, so when he married my mom who is darker skinned..but not by much they excamunicated him, granpa took his ass out of the will.

i remember when i was around 4-5 we went to my great aunts in maryland and as soon as she saw me she said" poor little tar baby gonna have a hard life."

wait was this a serious thread?

Guest im not witty

im sorry, but i think racial slurs are funny. notice i didnt say racism is funny, just the terminology. its all about context... its not the words themselves. they are just words. the word "nigger" does not convey hate anymore than the word "lamp" conveys light, its all about who is saying it and why. thats why i can laugh when black comedians make fun of white people, and why i can laugh when someone says "shut up nigger" to the tv screen.

same with racist jokes, if a joke is funny its funny because of the way its set up, its either funny or it isnt, who cares whatever scapegoat is inserted into the blanks.

on a related note there this kid thats friends with some of my boys in another town. hes american indian and they call him squanto. the other weekend i was at a party with these kids and squanto was leaving, he said something about letting him borrow some smallpox ridden blankets for the night, and someone told him to walk the trail of tears back to his car.

see, racism is funny afterall.

Originally posted by im not witty

on a related note there this kid thats friends with some of my boys in another town. hes american indian and they call him squanto. the other weekend i was at a party with these kids and squanto was leaving, he said something about letting him borrow some smallpox ridden blankets for the night, and someone told him to walk the trail of tears back to his car.

hahahaa

Universally offensive joke follows:

Two gay guys are walking along the beach when one of them notices a fancy bottle laying in the sand. They pick it up and rub it, and a genie pops out. He says:

"I am a great and powerful genie, and will grant you one wish."

A gay guy replies, "One wish for each of us? Great!"

But the genie says, "No, one wish between the two of you."

They think about it for a minute, and ask the genie if they can save the wish for later when they've had more time to think it over.

That night, as they're having anal sex, a gang of KKK members busts down the door and begins beating the shit out of them. They eventually tire of beating them up, and as they're being strung up in a tree, the one says to the other:

"Well, I think this is as good a time as any to use our wish."

To which the other man replies:

"Umm... well, I think I already did"

"What did you wish for?", asks the first.

"I wished that we were hung like niggers."

Ba-dum-bump CHING.

Maybe I have no sense of humor, but there ain't a damn thing funny about racism.

...call me closed-minded, but only someone who has never really experienced true racism would think that there was something comical about someone trying to verbally oppress another human being.

anyone ever read the story about Brair Rabbit?

this was a children's book... brair rabbit's walking along and these wolves are out to get him so they set up a Tar Baby on a bench. and brair rabbit's talking to the tar baby (an actual person.. er, scarecrow thing made of tar and clothes) and he won't respond so he gets all mad and calls him names and socks him in the face like STUPID TAR BABY

Originally posted by some pittsburgh flavor

anyone ever read the story about Brair Rabbit?

this was a children's book... brair rabbit's walking along and these wolves are out to get him so they set up a Tar Baby on a bench. and brair rabbit's talking to the tar baby (an actual person.. er, scarecrow thing made of tar and clothes) and he won't respond so he gets all mad and calls him names and socks him in the face like STUPID TAR BABY

Fuck yeah, haha wanna hear something funny? DISNEY MADE THAT

SHIT A MOVIE! But it's locked up in their vaults because of how racist

it is. Ever ride Splash Mountain at the Magic Kingdom? That's exactly

what that shit is. I've read that book, too.

http://www.themoonlitroad.com/coon/images/cbg_coon5.jpg'> "Joel Chandler Harris would eventually write 30 books, and his Uncle Remus tales were translated into 27 different languages. The most popular tale, "The Wonderful Tar Baby," was the focus of the Walt Disney movie Song of the South, which introduced Harris's work to a new and younger audience.

Despite his considerable accomplishments, however, Harris would, in death, become a controversial figure in some quarters. After the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s, depictions of Old South slaves in literature and in the mass media were shunned by a younger generation of African-Americans. The fact that Harris was a white man presenting the authentic (some would incorrectly call it "uneducated") dialect of black slaves made the issue even more racially-sensitive. It is admittedly difficult to judge how much of the Uncle Remus material is a true record of African-American folklore, and how much is Harris's creation"

so me and some friends were talking about how the "Washington redskins" is the most racial team name in proffesional sports, and why it's never become a huge enough issue that they've had to change it. I almost guarantee if it were the washington blackskins it would have been changed by now. I think it'd be cool if when it does get changed eventually, they changed it to the washington whiteskins.

I attended Mirabeau B. Lamar High School in Houston

The football team (well, I guess all the athletic teams) are called the Lamar Redskins. You know who Mirabeau B. Lamar was, right? The guy who was responsible for the Trail of Tears in real life. How about that for adding insult to injury?

Every time this forum gets started on the topic of racism, a bunch of people get their feelings hurt. But I think that you guys ought to look a little deeper into the Uncle Remus stories.

Br'er Rabbit (read "Brother Rabbit") comes along, runs into the Tar Baby, and gets pissed because the Tar Baby will not answer him in a civil way. So he punches him, and gets his paw stuck. He says "Turn me loose," but the Tar Baby won't, so he punches him again, embedding his other paw. Well you can see where this is going. The more that cocky-ass Br'er Rabbit tries to hurt the Tar Baby, the more ensnared he becomes , and it ain't hurtin' the Tar Baby at all. Once he is completely stuck, Br'er Fox (representing de white folks) comes out of the bushes, and basically says, "Your ass is mine, Rabbit." He extricates Br'er Rabbit from the Tar Baby snare, and then Br'er Rabbit begans to plead--"Please, Br'er Fox, you can kill me, you can cook me, you can eat me up, but please don't throw me in the Brair Patch." Of course, maleveolent Br'er Fox wants to fuck over Br'er Rabbit as much as possible, so he says, "Well, then, Rabbit, INTO THE BRAIR PATCH YOU GO."

Which, of course, is exactly where Br'er Rabbit wants to go, since he LIVES in the Brair Patch.

The Uncle Remus stories could very well be is as racist as they can be, I don't know, but they seem to me to be an allegory about how oppressed rural blacks overcame hateful, ignorant white racists. I never saw them as being anything but a testament to the cleverness of the poor Southern blacks in outfoxing the system, even when I was a child. (I saw that Disney movie by the way. I think it was called "Song of the South," and it had that famous tune in it by the same name.)

I'm not sure that you can take a cultural icon from one era and compare it to the cultural standards of another era. American life was thoroughly racist in every respect in 1940 (or whenever it was that "Song of the South" was produced) and probably, during that period of time, it wasn't much worse than many of the other things prevalent in our culture. Al Jolson singing "Mammy" in blackface. "Aunt Jemima" pancake syrup. The "Chatanooga Choo Choo." ( "Pardon me, Boy; is this the Chatanooga Choo Choo?" a clear reference to the Red Caps baggage handlers employed by the railroads in that time.)

Black people have suffered a lot of bullshit at the hands of white culture, it's true without a doubt. But we forget sometimes that it's a two-way street. The same black streets that were teeming with life and commerce under 1945 Jim Crow laws are empty, deserted wastelands in 2003. Downtown Detroit---a ghost town. Harlem is just a shadow of it's former self. The many "Negro business districts" of the 1950's are gone forever. Maybe that's a good thing for the many bright, intelligent, highly-ambitious black people that gladly left the ghettos and moved to suburbia, but it has been all-but-fatal to the people left behind. Freedom to shop at the big chain stores has meant the end of smaller, black-owned stores. Freedom to sit anywhere in any movie theatre has meant the end of "black movies cinema" as a genre. Freedom for black students to attend any college has resulted in very difficult economic times for traditionally black colleges and universities.

I wouldn't be happy to see America re-segregate, not at all. But I think we all lost something very valuable when the traditionally middle-class black people moved out of mostly black neighborhoods and became swallowed up by suburbia.

Actually, I think the ghettos are becoming more economically segregated, and it's not so much a matter of race as it is a matter of "culture." White, black, brown, multi-racial--it matters less what color your skin is, and more whether or not you go to college and join the wealthy, upwardly mobile, power elite.

since this all of a sudden got serious...

i cant remember the exact figures, but its stated that blacks made more money 50 years ago, than they do now. infact, im almost willing to that even directly following the end of slavery, that they were paid a more comparable rate, on average, than they are today.

there is totally something to be said for the cultural unity that segregration forces. there is also a large bit of truth in saying that black folks and white folks really trully are 'different'. not that we cant co-exist, but there are differences, and any one with racially diverse friends will attest to that (if they arent being so uptight about remaining PC that they ignore reality).

ok, time for work.

This is sure to stir everybody up, but...

In my opinion, one of the main reasons for this apparent difference in economic compensation levels comes directly from the government. In the 1870's and 1880's, there were, of course, millions of very poor black people, mostly living in the rural South. However, there was also the opportunity for them to own their own businesses and farms and ranches, just like the white population. There are several black-owned ranches close to Houston, on the order of 300-400 acres, which were passed down from generation to generation from the freedmen who originally bought the land for a very low price. It was undesireable, swampy, brush when they bought it. Today, after years of development and clearing, these ranches are exceptionally valuable. They started out as "sections" of land (I believe that's 660 acres) but some of the land was lost through inheritances and selling off land in hard times.

What's killing off people's ability to be individually successful is regulations and taxes. These historical black-owned ranches are now at great risk because they do not produce enough revenue to pay the taxes that are levied against them. Of course, from the rancher's point of view, this is all a sort of plot to gain control of the land from blacks, but the same laws apply to white ranchers, and with the same result. Rural families are being driven off the land, just as they were 150 years ago, and they will wind up in the city, working for wages, for somebody else.

BE INDEPENDENT. START YOUR OWN BUSINESS. Families on public assistance should REFUSE to take it, and go out and be determined to be free of dependance on others. It can be done, but only if one is really determined to stand on one's own two feet, and not be sucked into the cycle of welfare dependence or low-level, low-skill employment. WORK FOR YOURSELF, and take responsibility for your own life. Those people that are successful at business will receive much more than just more money--they get the self respect that goes along with being free of dependance on someone else to make decisions for them. Regardless of how one dresses it up, being an employee means working for somebody else's benefit. You get wages---they get the profit.

while i agree with that, i simply cant overlook the fact that some people are literally just too god damn stupid to accomplish anything.

i dont know if its just a case of bad genes breading with more bad genes and producing even dumber offspring, or if its just a hundred years of unequal opportunities that have stranded a large segement of people in the shallow end of the gene pool, but something isnt quite right. those people will never be able to pull themselves up and will always require outside support. granted, they are a minority (numbers, not race) but still large enough to be noteworthy.

also, as i stated in another thread recently, there is simply not enough market share available for everyone to start their own business. if we were all perched atop the food chain, we'd starve to death.

some people have to take one for the team, it's a fact of nature.

seeks/brave new world

Archived