"my first love... boys who skratch"

chizm

grrrr, i HATE that commercial. its so sad to see underground hiphop being advertised in a gap commercial and appreciated my the masses. and in former threads we've all agreed that the vass vass majority of people all around us are fucking yokels. that girl is stupid too. she's like spinning around, and "feeling the music, maaaannn" . I HATE IT! it gave me an ulser.

grrrrrr arrrgggg.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i think its awesome. seriously being mad about co-opted culture is soooo *90's*. im all for it. i think id like to see GG Allen used in walmart ads. that would be fresh. or see espo in reebok ads....oh wait....nevermind. but yeah, its all gravy. if i could be in a gap ad, i d do it in a heartbeat. yall need to stop worrying about it...this aint 1967, where something is gonna stay mad DL...everything "DL" in our generation stays DL for a total of 27 hours. get used to it. with the internet and the wisening up of ad-execs everywhere, theyve finally figured out that its cool to co-opt undeground shit....so whatever....just keep scratching and thank the gap for giving your lonely ass a chance to get laid. now you can say "you seen taht gap ad? i do that. i "scratch"." and fuck it, some college chick whos desperate to be cool will give your ass a hummer. dont be mad, be glad.

i cant wait till racking gets some love...."I love boys who rack!!!" now thatd be the shizzzle, my nizzles.

man..okay what about the destinys child video..the bootylicious one..did anybody see that..the back round is all graff..i doubt those girls know the first thing about letters..or paint or what have you...

I clap my hands for hip hop..but theres a big difference between the hip hop on bet and the hip hop that might be what is underground..whatever its all been said before...

next time you pull on those gap jeans though..remember how little that child was paid to make them..

we should all pick up rollor skating or fishing...no one likes those life styles..heheh

I've been sold out by fellow graff writers to do a really commercial job, and it just felt awful in the end. And they completely took advantage of us artists (even the fellow writer who sold us out ripped us off and he's been known to sell out alot of other writers in this area).

They try to make a buck off of something cool, and the artists end up getting jacked. I sure hope Shortkut is making GOOD money off that, and even still, it is worth it? We are all artists - and we dream of fame and success, but it's so sickening when something that is so important to us gets sucked up by the mainstream, but they still don't appreciate it in its true form - on trains, walls, roofs, racking, etc.

who cares, those dj's are probably really fucking happy because they can buy more records. and you guys are jealous.

for real tho' there is no point in getting upset about somebody "selling out" they are getting paid and as long as they focus on their own goals you have nothing to say about it. are you gonna bitch and complain that hiphop sold out when beat street hit the theatres? shit. i was in my cozy suburban theatre with my popcorn and dockers on loving that shit. if a dj as in this case shows his shit on a gap commercial, if he rocks it, people will buy his stuff if they enjoyed it he'll book more parties and his kids will have good food on the table. everyone has a price, mines 120 a day for riding my bike. we are all sell-outs in a capitalist society, just keep your eyes on a personal goal and then the sellout doesnt sting as much.

who cares, those dj's are probably really fucking happy because they can buy more records. and you guys are jealous. -boxcar

...youre assuming that they are djs and not just starving actors...which would actually be even worse....

"im not a dj, but I play one on tv"...blah...

...everything is in the gutter best to just worry about ourselves...and no im not jealous willy...r

I'm with boxcarwillie on this one.

I can see where the people who are pissed off are coming from. I felt the same way after I'd been going to hardcore/punk shows since I could walk, then all the sudden hot topic goes on victory records overload and next thing you know there's about 30 yuppy korn kids at every local show. But in all honesty, those are the kids that actually pay to get in, they buy cd's from the DIY distro's, they try to start their own bands, however terrible they may be. They're actually some decent people once you get to know them. All I'm trying to say is you shouldn't worry about your scene getting cool then dying out or something... the people will either come and go, or they'll come and fall in love with it for the same reasons you did. Either way, it's not such a big deal. Just keep doing what you're doing.

if i got offered a job to paint something. i'm there. if myart work made me money. i would do it. graffiti is already pretty mainstream as is all of hip hop. but when all the shirts for american eagle and gap come out with their tags on them i'll be happy because while all those kids are wearing them. i'll be living the life and not trying to be something. the marketing agencies can see it as cool, and sell some shirts but i will know where my head is. don't get mad, just look at them and know that you are what they only wish they could be.

aaahahha.....fucking dj groupies.....fuck it though, if it wasnt the cool thing then guess what....there would be a lot more unemployed djs....you practice and buy records so you can pick up shows because shows equal money and if you get enough shows then djing becomes your job and your doing what you love for a living!!! badabing!!! did you ever stop to think for a second mabey these people are taking advantage of their situation and playing off the current demand for whats "cool"??? yeah, well i can pretty much assure you rob swift could give two fucks if gap made another shirt....he took advantage of his situation, hes got fat pockets....hip hop stopped being an underground culture a lllllooooonnnggggg time ago.....partys over, get used to it

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

Originally posted by tow up from tha flow up !:

I'm with boxcarwillie on this one.

I can see where the people who are pissed off are coming from. I felt the same way after I'd been going to hardcore/punk shows since I could walk, then all the sudden hot topic goes on victory records overload and next thing you know there's about 30 yuppy korn kids at every local show. But in all honesty, those are the kids that actually pay to get in, they buy cd's from the DIY distro's, they try to start their own bands, however terrible they may be. They're actually some decent people once you get to know them. All I'm trying to say is you shouldn't worry about your scene getting cool then dying out or something... the people will either come and go, or they'll come and fall in love with it for the same reasons you did. Either way, it's not such a big deal. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Ummmm im just gonna striaght bite this one and say thats where im coming from as well.

When I first caught this topic I thought it was about the pubic enemy...

Originally posted by dirtroad:

People who yell "sell out" are those who have never had the chance, and don't have the skills. period.

I like Erni...

------------------

2 Can Sam

Archived