The new Mobile Phone thread

Guest imported_Europe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by OptimusPrime

this is my new joint.

t-mobile service rocks ya stinkbox.

if you are getting your bill deducted straight from your account keep on top of that shit. Tmobile fucked me outta $700. It was such a great deal though. 5000 anytime minutes for $49 a month. Bling. Assholes.

Originally posted by mr.yuck

if you are getting your bill deducted straight from your account keep on top of that shit. Tmobile fucked me outta $700. It was such a great deal though. 5000 anytime minutes for $49 a month. Bling. Assholes.

yeah, i just switched to t-mo from nextel, but good lookin out, cause it is comin straight of the CC. they aint scammin this kid.

Originally posted by fatbastard

^^ thats not much of a big deal, video confrencing phones are available here as well, i try to stay away from brand new technology because it usually has limited capabilities and almost always contain errors, let the video confrensing and tv phones stay around a while and become updated i say.

japanese phones make nokia look like heavy garage door openers. if japanese tech was allowed to go global other brands would go broke. so far i believe japan's ntt docomo signed a trade agreement with germany. every phone is priced at around $80 and its standard to have a full color screen, camera, etc. you pay no extra fees for new tech, just the price of the phone. mind you that all this stuff has been out for the last 3 years here. another thing they have is similar to msn messanger so you can type in real time. none of the stuff out here is released if it has bugs. my friend showed me a small riot in osaka when the hanshin tigers won and i was in disbelief it came from his phone. in terms of price per minute its cheaper to use the cell phone then it is to use a regular home phone.

Guest imported_Europe

Cell phones squeal on cheating spouses

Cell phones squeal on cheating spouses

Monday, September 29, 2003 Posted: 1446 GMT

ROME, Italy (AP) -- The love affair with text messaging is having an unexpected consequence: Cell phones have become a leading giveaway of secret affairs.

Snooping spouses are finding amorous messages, as well as inexplicable phone numbers, stored in the memory of mobile phones.

Divorce lawyers are ecstatic, magazines are warning readers to watch out, and one private investigator has even issued "Five Golden Rules" on how to cheat with a cell phone and not get caught.

How one cheater was caught

Antonella, a 19-year-old art student who declined to give her last name, recounted an ugly experience involving a boyfriend and a mobile.

"We were looking at the cell phone together because he was expecting a message from a relative," she said. "Instead, it was from a girl saying she'd had a lovely time with him last night and sending him lots of kisses."

Their breakup came soon after.

Private eye Miriam Tomponzi says a study by her firm found cell phones involved in nearly nine of every 10 discovered affairs in Italy. As an antidote, her agency has offered up its five rules to avoid discovery.

Clear memory

One trick is to immediately delete call records from phone memory, as well as text messages -- "even the most beautiful," the agency advises wistfully. Another tip, for when a paramour's call comes when a spouse is present, is to fake a normal work conversation.

"Practice this by yourself in a closed room in front of a mirror and in a loud voice," the agency exhorts.

Tomponzi, speaking in an office stuffed with old-school sleuthing tools like the magnifying glass, explained why text messaging appeals to the unfaithful.

"Say I'm talking to you, I can write a text message to my lover without you realizing," she said. "I send it calmly, it's done. But a phone call I couldn't do, right? 'Amore, I love you, I want you' -- written I can do it, verbally I can't. This is the convenience of the short messages."

Love electric: One country's example

Italian divorce lawyer Cesare Rimini said text messages have taken the place once held by love letters.

"Secret affairs are discovered by what? Through communication," he said. "Communication at one time was letters -- I've joked that it was once even Morse code. Today, the methods of communication are these."

That mobiles should intersect with love in Italy is not surprising.

Rarely does a crowd of Italians gather without at least one punching out a text message on a cell phone. The telltale beep of an incoming message will send them fumbling excitedly for their phones. It is like passing notes in school, only on a national level.

Even the Vatican now sends urgent notes to journalists using phone messaging.

Cell phone use is high in much of Europe, and Italy has one of the highest levels of all. In a nation of 58 million people, there are 53 million mobile subscriptions -- a market penetration of 92.4 percent, says the industry review Mobile Communications. The United States has only about 50 percent penetration, editor Shani Raja said.

The figures don't mean 53 million Italians have cell phones. Some people have more than one account.

Some customers use one mobile phone account for work calls and another for family and friends. In some cases, however, the reason may be less innocent.

Two numbers, one microchip

Mobile operator Vodafone Omnitel has made life easier for those wanting multiple numbers. Its Alter Ego service gives subscribers two separate numbers on the same microchip.

Asked about the cheating possibilities this offers, Vodafone spokeswoman Silvia de Blasio said that wasn't the intent.

"Services that you have on your mobile phone help your mobility, and allow you to have a more easy life -- more easy, but not necessarily to betray your wife or husband," she said.

"Maybe it's also useful for that; I don't know. In their private life, our clients do what they want."

I work in a computer store, and about two weeks ago I met two overseas cats who were in town for an international medicine seminar. One was from Egypt, and the other from Saudi Arabia. They were very sociable and nice gentlemen. It was all good until the dude from Egypt whipped out his Siemens SL55 mobile. Shit is off the hook. Looks like this:

http://www.my-siemens.com/com.aperto/MySiemens/Images/Product/mw/hd/hd/hq/hq_sl55_0.jpg'>

Closed

http://www.my-siemens.com/com.aperto/MySiemens/Images/Product/mw/hd/hd/hq/sl55_2.jpg'>

Open

I want this phone. Too bad the fucking FCC puts us one year behind mobile technology. Europe had all the hot shit before we did.

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller

I work in a computer store, and about two weeks ago I met two overseas cats who were in town for an international medicine seminar. One was from Egypt, and the other from Saudi Arabia. They were very sociable and nice gentlemen. It was all good until the dude from Egypt whipped out his Siemens SL55 mobile. Shit is off the hook. Looks like this:

hq_sl55_0.jpg

Closed

sl55_2.jpg

Open

I want this phone. Too bad the fucking FCC puts us one year behind mobile technology. Europe had all the hot shit before we did.

word i prolly woulda jacked dude in the jaw an took his phone. pisses me off that we get all this late crappy technology, and everyone gets the shit way before us. wtf is the fcc thinking there so gay.

Archived