Roots Manuva Appreciation thread.

Evil Dee

I borrowed "Run come save me" by Roots Manuva off a friend the other day and i was quite blown away by how good it was. Instead of standard hiph hop beats, it's really cruisy and sometimes jumpin breakbeats style shit. And i've heard people say that his voice is shit, but i'm of the opinion that it's one of the most dynamic voices in hip hop.

Any thoughts?

http://www.rootsmanuva.co.uk/popups/images/spacer.gif'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by avils

yeah cobber im feelin that stuff too.. i got a few tunes on my ipod by them... 'next type of motion' off the back to mine album is fucking nice, so is 'witness' but im not sure what album its off.

:huh?:

"WITNESS THE FITNESS" is off Run come save me if that is the tune you mean.

Check his website www.rootsmanuva.co.uk

Yea Run Come Save me is a fucking great album, the best choon is prolly either Witness "I sit here contented with this cheese on toast, I feel the pain of third world famine, still we count dem blessin's and keep jammin'" or Ital Visions "Ital!!".

I just remember at the Glastonbury festival having not gone to sleep and it nearly being 6:00 am and rolling a ital (pure) spliff and shouting "Ital!!!"

-Big up my bredrin KWAYSE for the memory dem.

Archived