liberty island radiohead shows

mental invalid

.....i was just wondering if anyone caught one or both of these shows...what a venue...you take the ferry out, so catch all nyc, then you see the city skyline at night, while the statue of liberty stands behind the stage all lit up, while jonny fucking greenwood pulls musical creation from lost space and thom flails like a convulsive explosion...and you tip your head up and bask in the warm blue light while the ocean breeze sweeps over the island...sober on thurs. and e-bombed on fri., both shows were amazing....highlight....optomistic on friday and true love waits on thurs.....that band....enuff words...if you saw em you know...rOe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

a reaaaaaaaaalllllllly slow day at work....

...beardo...i think youre kool, but im not one to hold punches, so lets be honest, you suck, and ya shoulda been there...just kiddin but i wish ya had been man...we ended up crashing at a phat pad in the lower village both nites, walking time square at 6 in the am, so zooted, just sitting on the sidewalks...sunrises from rooftops...weed called white rhino, LOL, shit was blazin...drivin around the city bumping heavy beats....and the frank gehry exhibit(architect-guggenheim(spain) seattle music experience)at the guggenheim on sat.... b. you woulda dug his lines...anyhow be honest msg show was the best of the ones i saw, and actually other then friday it was the only time i saw em come out for a third encore....and that 'follow me around' into pyramid song still gives me shivers...which by the way be on the look out for any and all boots through your connections, and ill do the same, but yeah im glad you got to experience them...

...perhaps ill still be around when MMW comes up to the beacon, and we can chill and get all types of twisted...a side note: did you check out their offical site...they are having a contest for shirt design...check it out man, or you can always just submit a design to kOmega-LOL and get 3 bucks a shirt!!!....

yeah s. bum, do you listen to them at all? could ya tell im a little passionate about this band...just aske beardo i harrased him all the time!...its not obvious is it?!....i ended up going to 4 shows-msg, boston, and both liberty island shows...and yes i can do more...they are so heavy with so many musical levels...i dunno man thats just how i am about the music i listen to...a band like rh, pearl jam, phish, ben harper, perry farrel, etc., those bands i have to see more then once...i mean people(noone i hang with) look at me all weird when i tell them im going to 4 shows, or last year i went to five of pjs(2 out in seattle), which i though was alot until i met a gurl that did every show europe and US!!!...best line-my mom-"when are you gonna stop pearl jamming and get serious?"...never, and im older...i mean how can one dose do ya when you just feed on music and energy like that?....and besides its not like its the same show at all ya know...i mean youll hear 70% of the same show, but you go because not only do you wanna see that 70% again, but you go to see what the 30% will be...and you always get that one or two gems..but yeah i dont know, people think im weird, but i always say you listen to a cd more then once right? so why just go see the band once? plus most of those bands know that a percentage of fans will be seeing more then one, so they will purposefuly drop shit and switch shit around...

...and fr8o sorry to hear that, actually im a little taken aback...those are some strong words...not that ill ever be at the point where i will religously defend a poor show...but ive seen some sick shows man in my time...and without a doubt the msg and friday liberty island show tops em...but the same world can be experienced differently...did they go into details, cause i cant really see it being'fucking shit'....

another dope part of the show, putting the big screens on dj kid koala hands and turntables....so fucking hot....

oh and one last 'it was a good nite' note, on the way back on the ferry, that was soooo fresh, im sitting down look over and these two guys are all hunched looking down, so i take a peep, and what do i see, a fucking video camera! dood taped the show! and he sits next to me, so ofcourse i gotta aske him, and hes understanding, and we shoot the shit about the show, and exchange info, and he says when hes done editing he'll send me a copy....hothothothothot...gotta love when the universe throws you bones and curve balls....

anyway....so yeah my vacation was spent with thom and the boys in boston and nyc, last year it was with eddie and the boys in seattle, cant wait until next year....rOe

ps

...LUKY are you the same tool that was standing behind my boy at the show...just wonderin'....by the way i like real head too...check out lucky by rh.....

[This message has been edited by mental invalid (edited 08-21-2001).]

....lucky indeed...msg and liberty island...god bless nyc...wait till i get those shows on boot though...lucky for us all...glad ya got to go foot, thurs and that truelove waits, thom solo, woooosh...

inspired but stuck in the corner

r.

and a little plug for: www.greenplasticradiohead.com

for always having the scoops....

bump....

...okay im giving my thanks to uncle beardo here! why you aske, well because this thank you is for radiohead and not phish...why am i thanking uncle beardo you aske? well because of b's connection i will soon be recieving a copy of germany 2000 and hold on to your fitter and happier, msg 2001!....yes b. you were quite right....and ofcourse, this will be made available to all of you via my corporate cublicle hell...i let you all you doods know when i get it.....

thank your uncle beardo kids

riding white rhinos

roe

Archived