You mean Nightcrawler’s tail and those screwy hands aren’t just because he’s a mutant

MOOGLE?

During the last three issues of Uncanny X-Men, we’ve learned that Nightcrawler really is half-demon. It turns out that Mystique had an illicit affair with the demon Azazel, which ended up producing Nightcrawler, who is just one of the many demonic spawn Azazel has had over the years. Az has called his children back to him, not realizing Nightcrawler would soon be followed by his teammates. Last issue, the demons attacked, and ended up blowing up poor Iceman with an exploding area.

This time, the X-Men find themselves teleported into what seems to be hell by the demons. The X-Men manage to break Nightcrawler free from the circle of demons, although he has sustained injuries. Angel tries to heal him up, but his blood just burns poor Kurt, prompting the demons to believe Angel is actually an angel from heaven. This causes the demons to attack again, despite Azazel trying to stop them. Things seem to have spiraled out from his control. During the attack, in a slightly confusing scene, one of the demon/mutants opens up a portal from himself at Jubilee’s request, spilling out such mundane items as his neighbor’s dog and MYSTIQUE! Looks like next issue we may actually get some answers here.

FINNALY DAMMIT!! i cant remember what issue the prolouge to the draco story was...it showed mystique and when and where she had nightcrawler....makes me wonder if rouge is in the storyline as well

issue 430 review

also check out from marvel

runaways

new mutants....an entirely new book wich has dani moonstar, and karma

sentinal

venom

i dont really like xtreme x-men because its a completely different story line not connected with new x-men and uncanny x-men

and it has the deceased colossus, and psylocke.bleh

anybody read that 6 issue series called ninja boy..i think it was a wildstorm/image book.

crimson was really good too check the graphic novel

origin of wolverine was hella good, and the value of each issue has gone up alot.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

DUH!

I caught Wolverine's origin in the Wolverine 3 part series, circa 1986(? maybe Europe can help me on this...)

Still, I am a puritan... I hold on to my ORIGINAL 'The X-Men' #'s 35 and 36... 35 was called 'Along Came a Spider' and was the start of the Spiderman/X-men fued (I thought ya knew!)

http://www.samruby.com/OtherTitles/Xmen/35.gif'>

I also loved the Uncanny X-men through the 80's but when they went fully commercial w/ all the extra titles and new universes is when I quit... that's not to say that I don't have a #1 hologram cover of one of those series but I don't even care to remember which...

"I also loved the Uncanny X-men through the 80's but when they went fully commercial w/ all the extra titles and new universes is when I quit... that's not to say that I don't have a #1 hologram cover of one of those series but I don't even care to remember which..."

Yeah, the eighties were the best time for X-Men storylines. I picked up an X-Men comic for the first time in years the other day and more than half the comic was goddamn video game and junk food ads. What little artwork there was had the x-men depicted as buff jock assholes, the women with impossible breasts, lots and lots of shooting, ridiculous crossovers, storylines, chrome hologram covers with limited edition Wolverine enema kits....

Who remember Mr. Sinister and the mrauders?

I liked the reavers too before the X-Men kicked their asses in Austrailia.

http://www.sidscards.com/comix/images/products/Origin6.jpg'>

this is the six issue *real origin of wolverine pre weapon x*^ it came out last year

http://www.hillcity-comics.com/graphic_novels/xmen/weapon_x.jpg'>

this is the history of wolverine in the weapon x project..

wich they are once again revamping in new x-men.

mr. sinister has gone into obscurity..once again i think he may come back into play if they bring back apocalypse.

the marauders sucked.......yuriko/ lady deathstrike was ok.

yea whatever....its a long read but its the most accurate i could find at the time

The true origin....

of Wolverine In the Early 1800's there was a boy born by the name of James Howlett. James was a very sickly boy. Always having an allergy to something, just overall weak. His father Sir Howlett was a fine man. Tall, handsome, very giving and good-natured. His mother was also a sick woman, she usually stayed in her room and never came out. They lived on a plantation in Canada, maybe 50 miles from Alberta. James's grandfather also was around, a mean old man he was. Always yelling at his father to tell James to grow up to be a man already! James was but a boy. He needed someone to take care of him. So James's father hired a young girl to take care of him named rose. James and Rose got along fine. Also lived on the plantation was a caretaker and his son. The caretaker's name was Thomas Logan and his son Dog. No one knows what his real name is; everyone just calls him dog. Dog was a strange young boy. It seemed he was the exact opposite of James. He was always up to no good, running around, doing anything for fun. Dog also had a mean streak in him. A couple of times James and Dog had a falling out and Dog thrashed James to no end. Dog would be beaten by his father who it seemed was a constant drinker and ruthless father. It seems dog was beaten a lot. Dog also seemed to have a crush on rose. However his crush was nothing of the pure innocence of a child. It was lust; lust to a point of it always seems like if he got her alone he would attack her for physical pleasure. One can say Dog's psychology has been messed up by his father's abuse, or is it just like father like son?

So James went on growing up, sick as ever with Rose by his side always. When James was about 12, something happened that forever changed his life. It seems that James's Father had an argument with Thomas Logan and told him to get off his property and never come back. I dont think his father knew how evil Thomas Logan was and how much he hated the Howletts from day one. It seems he had always had a jealously towards there life style. Thomas Logan late one night after a lot of drinking, beating his son thoroughly like he does every night, decided this was going to end and he was going to get his woman? What Woman was he talking about? It seems Thomas Logan was having an affair with James's mother. Was James his son? Was the father he grew to love not really his father? As Thomas entered the house he cornered Mr. Howlett in a room and shot him with Mrs. Howlett standing behind him and by his side. To this James walked in yelling "papa, papa, what is going on". He knelt down his dying fathers body and weeped loudly. Thomas Logan turned his back and laughed and said "Boy if you dont mind your self the same will become of you!" Six long claws piercing his body from the back out to his stomach suddenly stopped his chuckling! He screamed in pain. As he fell over he revealed his killer; a young boy by the name of James Howlett who it seemed had 3 long bone like claws coming out of the knuckles of each hand. James himself screaming in pain and not understanding what was happening. Rose standing watching it all, wondering what is happening to James, what is he? His mother appalled yelled out " you are no son of mine, you're a monster" As James went to his mother in desperation that she would confort him, she hit him in the head with the gun and said, "get away form me you freak!" James crying now hysterically "mamma, mamma I didn't mean to do it, I promise". His mother just turned around and James ran out of the house. Rose ran behind him, not wanting to leave the child she has grown to love a take care of alone. As they run out Mrs. Howlett speaks to herself and says " its all my fault James, its all my fault. You too, just like you father, you too." To this some scars on her back are visible that seem to have been made in pairs of three. Dog was hurt in the battle as well. As he went to see his father after James gave him six new holes James, just out of reflex, slashed Dogs face with his claws, leaving Dog not able to see anything. Dog on the floor turns to Mrs. Howlett, and says in fear of her "ma'am its going to be OK, please dont hurt me" To this she replies "yes it is going to be OK". She picks up Thomas Logan'sShot gun, puts it to her head and give s a psychotic smile and as if she is being freed from her insane state, pulls the trigger.

Outside James hears the shot and knows what happened. James is in a state of shock. What was once a boy is not a monster. He lies on the cold ground, with claws dawning out of his hands, half-alive and half dead. Rose finds him and takes him to a far off barn. She fears the authorities will be soon looking for him. As She sits there with James he sort of snaps out of a shock like state. He looks at Rose and asks who she is? He looks as if he remembers nothing. As if, his brain has blocked out the trauma, call it denial; call it an automatic fix for the brain of a person who can not handle reality. He was no longer with it. Then suddenly he became aware of so many things. He started asking Rose all sorts of things. She was beginning to be frightened. He said, " Can you smell that, someone is cooking dumplings, but.... They are so far away...like 2 miles..HOW can I smell that?" " Do you hear those people talking in the pub, why are they talking about farming this late at night?" To this Rose said the pub is 4 miles from here James. James said "I know but I can hear them as if they are in the next room??" "What is happening to me Rose, What has happened to my hands, what is coming out, how do I make it go away?" At seeing his hands James once again went into a State of shock. Rose decided it was best if they rested there for the night and would go see his grandfather in the morning. The next morning Rose shows up in front of the old man with James. The Grandfather tells Rose and James that he is NO grandson of mine, he's not even my blood. He tells her to take him away and never return to this place or he will give the boy to the police. The grandfather helped Rose get 2 tickets for the train and Rose took James and went off to Alberta, Canada. It was on the trip there that Rose noticed something remarkable. All the bumps, bruises and cuts James had were just disappearing. He was healing at an Alarming rate. Once they reached Alberta Canada they got off and Rose took James and herself somewhere so they could find work. She found a mining company to work for. The place was dirty and disgusting, all the people they're rude and filthy and it was everyone for themselves. But Rose thought this would be the best option. By this time Rose also noticed that James Claws had automatically retracted into his hands. The man in charge of the mineing, Smitty took a look at the boy and said "hey you come over here" He immediately Raised his hand and said, these hands look as if they have never been used boy, we will put good use to them. He asked what is your name boy? James still in his daze for weeks now, not uttering a word. For him Rose replied, she said "sir, his name is Logan sir. Logan"

Years passed by as they worked there; James was now becoming a teenager. He was different from others. He was not a fighter, because he was picked on by the cook and even beaten by him. However the Forman Smitty saved him and thrashed the cook Malone instead. He told him "Logan you have to learn to stand on your own feet and be a man, don let chumps like that hurt you". James listened, would appreciate it and left. James always seemed like he was calling out to something. He would just stare out into the woods, as if he was one with nature. Soon enough James became a hunter on the side. Not for sport, not for fun but from pure instinctual characteristics. It was as if he was part animal himself. Able to smell other animals from distance track them down and agile enough to take them down. Rose noticed the change in James and tried to talk to him. Telling him how he's changed and has become so different. James replied to this that he doesn't want to change but the way he is just feels so natural to him. Hunting, being a woodsman is so natural to him he can't help it. James knows he's different, he knows he is not a normal humanbeing. Yet is always seems as if he is in denial about it. Rose tried to bring up once what happened to him up in the Mansion. To this James replied first of DONT call me James. James is dead; there is no James. My name is Logan. It was as if he didn't want to even remember that there once was a sweet boy named James Howlett. To him that boy was dead and he was only Logan. Rose not being able to tell James or Logan what had actually accrued (which we know) in his house Wrote it down in a journal and prayed that one day Logan will be ready to read it. As Logan walked away into the woods he found himself comforted by a pack of wolverines. He was very frightened at first and did not know what to do. He tried to escape but couldn't. Finally it was as if the animal was called upon in Logan. As the wolverine dawned its claws and teeth, Logan with a ravaging look in his eyes for the first time as an animal himself dawned his claws. His claws came piercing out of his skin, breaking it and tearing at it to reveal long bone like claws. It was as if the Wolverine put Logan at a different state of mind, an altered state. Or, is that part of who he is. YES! Yes that is part of who he is, it is as if the wolverine attacking him has brought out the wolverine in him!

Facts to know from wolverines Historical Story.

-His real name is James Howlett and his biological Father is Thomas Logan. It is apparent because James Howlett is growing up to be the splitting image of Thomas Logan. His mother was having an affair with him as well. -James was sick his whole life up until the point of his Fathers dead (not biological father). As Charles Xzavier (professor X, Leader of the X-Men and mentor to all mutants) has stated: Mutants usually come to realized there mutant ability at a time of heightened emotional stress and around the time of puberty. In James's Case both were right on target. It was that moment that the mutant gean in him became Dominant.

-James claws are part of his bone structure. Some do not know that the later wolverine with Adimantium claws was not given claws by the experiment (weapon X). Yet the experiment was simply to use Logan as a weapon by grafting an unbreakable metal (adimantium) to his bone structure. This could never work on a normal human being because they could not withstand the procedure. No human being can be cut open in 258 places at one time, BUT if that human is a mutant and has the ability to regenerate at rapid rates, to the point where if you cut him within 5 seconds the cut heals, then the procedure can be done. And thus we get wolverine, as we know him later. The metal was Grafted to his bones and his claws are just part of his bone structure, this is why he has metal claws.

-James personality is already coming through on him, he is a loner and everything everyone says effects him later in life. Such as Smitty the foreman. He calls everyone BUB. That is was Logan later in life calls everyone. It seems when his brain was tampered by the C.I.A. (some time in the 1940-Late 1960s) All his past memories were mixed up and made in to this jumble to make sure he cant remember a thing. A lot of memories he has are false but with some truth behind it. Or that is what everyone else thinks. The truth is it did not take a lot of memory programming to screw up James's memory. It seems the James himself has surpressed all his memories. Kind of like trying to forget a bad dream. Not wanting to come to terms with what he is, he has set up a mental block for himself. So later in life when wolverine wonders why he can not remember his past, in my opinion it is 80 percent because he needed some serious therapy growing up. Such as his memories of Sabertooth being his father and beating him everyday. I feel that, that memory is a manifestation of his father Thomas Logan, beating his son Dog everyday. The way Thomas Logan speaks is exactly the way Sabertooth speaks. Also sabertooth is Dog. Sabertooth who rumor had it was his father is actually his half brother. It seems sabertooth only inherited some of Thomas Logan's traits. His personality for one. However James was not as messed up mentally by abuse as Sabertooth was. Sabertooth also has the power of healing and enhightend Senses just like wolverine. Which is why Sabertooth is one of wolverines most deadly of Foes. -Also I feel that Wolverine was Code-named Wolverine for a reason. I feel when they were messing with his brain and memories they came upon a face that stood out. The face of a Wolverine, the fist time Logan realized his full abilities. The first time Logan freed his abilities.

The next chapter of the story opens up to James running with the wolverines. His other personality, the animal in his is shinning through like a flood light in a stormy night. Rose writes in her diary about how much James has changed in the last couple of years. Here is a Bonus Pic He is now a man, a very strong one. He does more work then 10 workers combined. He is the backbone of the site now. The foreman Smitty has become very fond of James. Yet it seems the he has become quite fond of Rose as well. Smitty tells James, or as everyone else refers to him, "Logan" that he needs his help in using dynamite. He needs a man with brains, and so James is now helping smitty, he is his right hand man. At the same time Malone the cook has become extremely jealous of James. It seems everyone favors James and loves him. They called him a wolverine. One of the workers said he's like a wolverine. The other asks how's that. To this the first worker replies he's like a wolverine, they dont stop digging at something until they get to the root. They never give up. Just like this kid. Hearing this Malone figured he'd fix James good. Having messed with the dynamite he caused an explosion in the mines and of course James was no where to be seen. Of course they found our hero safe and sound curled into a ball protecting a child. I guess you just can't keep his good nature down. At this Smitty is thankful but at the same time a little freaked out. He tells James to take it easy for a bit and read this book he brought back from abroad. He says its about Samurai. These short thin Japanese people who are so fast you wouldn't believe. He said they have a saying, live your life on the path of honor. Or something to that effect. As James read the book Smitty walked out with Rose. To this James looked out the window to see them holding hands, I dont think he was happy about it but didn't show any emotions towards the sight. James then went on to confront Malone about what he did. To this James thrashed Malone and told him to never return to this place. James was going toward the cabin to tell Rose, but to his shock he looked in the window to see Rose kissing Smitty. To this site James lost all control of his emotions. He ran and ran towards the woods. Retracted his claws and started chopping down trees. While he was doing this a Wolverine showed its face, James fought hard with it and at the end he won. He could have killed the wolverine but when it started to whine, James let it be and howled at the moon. From this scene we go to the last scene in this chapter. James's Grandfather is now old. Remember the grouchy old man who told him to never show his face again. Yep him. Well he states that he is now getting too old and he made a mistake by telling James to leave that he was just scared that what became of his brother would become of him. What the hell does that mean guys?? Does that mean his brother had claws like him and was killed for that? Does that mean that the Genes for claws is actually a trait given by his mother and not Thomas Logan? Could that be why she committed suicide? I dont have the answers but the scene ends with grandpa telling this to a person and asking the person will you find my grandson for me. The person replies to this....I will find him and hunt him down like a dog, forever. Yes you guessed it guys Dog is now all grown up and he looks like he could crush James with one hit. However Dog still has the 3 scares from James claw from childhood. Does this mean that Dogs Mutant ability has not come out in full yet to regenerate tissue cells, or it could be the sick mind of Dog(Sabertooth), he could be keeping the scares fresh to never forget James, the boy who killed his father. Of course Dog does not know that he was James's father as well.

To be continued......... Facts to know from Wolverines Historical story

-Now we know how wolverine got the idea of going to Japan. There is alot of history of James, AKA Logan AKA wolverine in Japan. So it seems he went there to train to be a samurai. This would explain his unbelievable skill and knowledge of fighting. Just think about it guys, this story takes place some time in the 1800's and Wolverine was in the C.I.A and working for the Government in about 1940's? So just how long did he stay in Japan and train.......maybe 100 years???! 100 years of fighting everyday would definitely make you an unstoppable machine of destruction.

-We also have finally seen the face of Sabertooth and it seems he has never forgiven him for the murder of his father (and James's but James doesn't know he killed his own father) and the scares James left behind on his face. -We also see that Rose loves someone else which instills hatred in James. Such as Jean Grey loving Scott Summers. Now I can see why James hates Scott so much. It's not that James or wolverine wants to hate Scott or to not like him.....Its a psychological thing. -We also see that James's psychology is extremely messed up. He is trying to hide another side to himself. It's as if he's trying to keep it away from himself and the world. But you can't keep things hidden like that; it makes your crazy. Just imagine how you feel when you bottle up an emotion for too long, now imagine that emotion being so overwhelming that you block you all memories of your past, try to erase your own mind and hide your other side from yourself. Pretty extreme isn't it!

-We have also learned something about James's brother.....apparently he was killed for being like James. Exactly what that means, we do not know, but it SURE sounds interesting! -We have also learned where Logan got the name Wolverine from, from the workers.

where i got it from

Originally posted by the A squad

how would spierman get by jean grey, her psychic powers would kick his ass. Unless he did something clever like shoot a websling into her eyes

or he could of done something else clever involving her eyes lips andd face like shoot cum into them so she had really bad red eye and couldnt see.

Archived