Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dirty_habiT

Smoking at the gas pump - who cares?

I always smoke at the gas pump...

sometimes I get yelled at for it through the loudspeaker,

or I can see the middle aged gas station employee

pacing in the store because I'm smoking at the pump.

I really don't think a cigarette

(except for in near perfect conditions)

can ignite gasoline or it's vapors....

maybe I'm just lucky.

getting in and out of your car then touching the handle could sometimes cause a spark then a kick ass home made flame thrower. or even using a cell phone while pumping, gas that is.

new nickname - zippo

hahah this reminds me of zoolander.

but seriousy. i love the smell of the gas station. every chance i get, i get out of the car just so i can smell the air of the gas station.

i'm a freak yea i know.

To me, it just seems really unlikely that a cigarette cherry

can cause a spark or even a flame small enough to ignite vapors.

I've actually had a tin of gasoline before and flicked a cigarette

into it (just to see) and the cigarette hit and just went out.

Originally posted by Devilush

i love the smell of the gas station. every chance i get, i get out of the car just so i can smell the air of the gas station.

WORD

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

are you sure it wasn't water in the tin?

Guest im not witty

of course it is unlikely, its also unlikely that youll get seriously hurt doing alot of other dangerous shit, but i mean...why test it?

a gas station completely blew the fuck up in my hometown because of a cigarette.

I remember reading about a girl that died because the static electricity from her polyester pants set off a spark that ignited the entire pump...and her.

Damn... I don't really do it to test it. I also don't spank mustangs

all day long in the work truck to see if there's a cop waiting

for me up the road.

If someone with a mustang were to smoke at the pump

they'd probably blow up.:lick:

i think you wouldn't be able to do this again if you tried...

the first time i pumped gas using a credit card the guy talked over the loudspeaker and kept saying i had credit problems and i thought he was talking to someone else and i kept trying to pump gas like a moron

oh yeah and on 4th of july i aimed bottle rockets at a gas station but nothing happened

Yeah I smoke at the pump everytime. When people say something about it i usually tell them to shut up before i kill everyone. They suddenly realize that they are acting silly and go about their way. I mean I can press the button down on my lighter and have the stream of gas from it not ignite on the cherry so who knows. I personally don't care and am ready to die at any minute. Hopefully none of you are around when it happens cuz you are coming with me.

the cigarette is nothing but a coal ..... for gasoline to ignite, it needs an open flame. dummies

Originally posted by Pistol

getting in and out of your car then touching the handle could sometimes cause a spark then a kick ass home made flame thrower. or even using a cell phone while pumping, gas that is.

while a static electricy spark from clothes or car could, and has, started a fire at a gas station..as for the cell phone thing:

"No real-world evidence exists to support these claims . Although Internet rumors have circulated since 1999 to the effect that cell phone use near gas pumps can cause fires or explosions by igniting gasoline vapors (prompting many service stations to post warnings on their pumps), not a single case has ever been documented. "

Originally posted by nomadawhat

while a static electricy spark from clothes or car could, and has, started a fire at a gas station..as for the cell phone thing:

"No real-world evidence exists to support these claims . Although Internet rumors have circulated since 1999 to the effect that cell phone use near gas pumps can cause fires or explosions by igniting gasoline vapors (prompting many service stations to post warnings on their pumps), not a single case has ever been documented. "

i heard of all that

what kind of evidence do you need? a picture of the spark? I bet that'd make an awesome picture if it actually was a spark igniting gasoline vapors.... anyhow, I'll probably smoke at the pump tomorrow, and I promise I'll live to speak of it another day.... I never die in gas explosions.

sure.. i bet you could do it your whole life and be fine... just like you could play with plastic bags your whole life and never suffocate or blow dry your hair while standing in a full bathtub and never die.. but it could all happen... i almost burned down my house playing w/ gasoline as a kid and have never again thought about testing its explosiveness....

Originally posted by nomadawhat

i almost burned down my house playing w/ gasoline as a kid and have never again thought about testing its explosiveness....

me too. my first girlfriend burnt down two houses. one when she was 4 and another as a teenager.

Natural Selection

next time i hear of some moron dying a ridiculously stoopid accidental death, i'll think of you. :D

idk man.. that isn't a theory I would be willing to test out. and btw, it's

an ember not a coal, and a hot enough ember will ignite gas.

*edit because I am retardedism

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this