Meeting Of Styles - NYC

SkyFlax

hey unicorn,

if you can't see that the majority of the dude on that wall got their style from the same 1 or 2 people you are fucking blind as a bat.

even if they didn't take their style from a modern ivory or yes piece, it's easy to see that they looked at an earlier piece that those dudes done.

it's 2003, of course dudes are gonna grab influences from other people, since this shit started pretty much everythings been done. but when people take some elses piece and then change the letters to look like their letters thats the faggy shit i'm talkin bout.

i bet your on some one jock thats why you got so offended by this.

i do agree with you on that cope shit, that fool came at the end of the night, rocked a 5 min simple and bounced & let the germans finish the rest of the wall.

but on the real you don't know nothing about this here, i got styles for days. :lol:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Re: Squirrelly

Originally posted by 2timeloser

BINGO!! WINNER!!!

yes it is a personal opinion like i said before, cope is more graffiti then tenz or whoever will ever be, you say cope runs his shit? do you anything about style? thats his style, thats what you can expect everytime, i dig that, i dig bombers, i dig the essence of grafiti, not some internet based vamp tool for styles like tm7 seem to rep, got me? hope so.

true the tm7 style gets vamped and regurgitated poorly,by alot of people , however it is TM7 style,, they aint vamping theyre own shit ? ya dig... yall siskel & eberts of graffiti need to make your own moves and worry bout those moves, cause if you did you wouldnt give a shit about what the next man was doin........ dash hit the nail on the head,,im sure nobody stepped to cope the give him theyre oppinion on his style that day, cause i didnt here about nobody gettin smacked , cope is cope , take him 4 what he is in this shit and respect that....

Crews like TM7 were early influences on the stuff I do because that was the style I liked. So yea my shit does have that infuence to it and is based upon that classic NYC wild style lettering. However my shit doesnt look like a Yes2 or a Roler piece. If you cant determine the difference between each individuals pieces besides the spelling then its you who doesnt understand style. If Webone did a Ces piece I would be able to tell it was done by Web. If you cant then oh well too bad for you. People just talk way too much shit about people who are actually painting and doing THEIR thing. I bet rickflair and the rest of these kids talking all this crap dont do much besides browse 12oz looking for the next big graffiti dilemma to set straight. All this talk about biting styles, what original ground breaking styles did you invent?

HOST18

Originally posted by 666

Crews like TM7 were early influences on the stuff I do because that was the style I liked. So yea my shit does have that infuence to it and is based upon that classic NYC wild style lettering. However my shit doesnt look like a Yes2 or a Roler piece. If you cant determine the difference between each individuals pieces besides the spelling then its you who doesnt understand style. If Webone did a Ces piece I would be able to tell it was done by Web. If you cant then oh well too bad for you. People just talk way too much shit about people who are actually painting and doing THEIR thing. I bet rickflair and the rest of these kids talking all this crap dont do much besides browse 12oz looking for the next big graffiti dilemma to set straight. All this talk about biting styles, what original ground breaking styles did you invent?

HOST18

dude,

i was just stating an opinion about the jam this past weekend.

and unicorn starts talking slick.

if you notice from the number of post next to my name, i'm rarely on here on "12oz looking for the next big graffiti dilemma to set straight."

the only reason i have been posting i cause i'm injured with nothing else to do all day.

other wise i would be out painting.

like i said people have to get their influences from some where, but change it up alil'

be your own writer.

don't get so mad over someones opinion.why does any thing i say matter to you. i swear, if i were not injured you wouldn't have even seen a second reply out of me...

BUT I'M BORED, AT HOME,BEATIN' OFFTO THE TM7 WALL.

HAHA

LOOSEN UPP HERBS

THIS AINT THE RAISE FOR SPACE

that shit's already been accomplished. :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by 666

HOST18

your just a real Gerhard Kraus of graffiti huh? thats real good that you can differentiate styles of graff. your just a classic case internet geek wrote since about 1990 till now but recently just did anything, before this you where studying graffiti on the internet while kids like me introduced bombing to your area. you study the styles it shows in your work, i never actually put you stuff down i just say it how i see it, you cant respect. its ok.

dropping names on here is just plain silly. calm down.

did anyone else notice the cleverest fucking thing ever said?

Johnny-"ante up or stay with that 'artnerd i'm a revolutionary' bit til you get punched."

that is a line i can sympathize all too well with. art school means you are not hard. period. no grey area whatsoever. if you don't believe me, go listen to some anal cunt and then we'll chat.

Excuse me

When New York graff was real, back in the 70's and 80's, writing graff wasn't even an option for the rest of the planet.

The only battle left is an illusion in the minds of outsiders who feel they have something to prove to the world.

Europe and any other city, state, Island have contributed NOTHING to graff that wasnt already done in NYC.

Photo realism - Sorry Lee was doing it in NY LONG before Los Angeles and Europe.

3D Style - SORRY, Erni (PAZE) was doing it in the early 90's, Mare was doing it in the late 80's on the computer, Lee was doing it in 85, Seen TC5 was doing it in 81 and Pistol and Flint did it in the early 70's.

Hmm, what else.. Well sinse it was those characters are what sparked this...

Characters - Sorry New York did it again, oh, about 30 yrs ago.

Not to mention that it was DOZE TC5 who introduced characters to the rest of the world back in 83 on the Wild Style Tour and then the Beat Street tour and all the rest of the Rock Steady tours. Juat ask Mode2 or Bando

Europe aint got shit on NYC. Them characters were nice, a nice illustration.

Are they Graff? NOY in my opinion, could they have painted that next to their piece in a train tunnel? Probably not. Would it have even looked right on a train? HELL NO.

look at that wall again, and ask yourself, do any of them pieces look good?

HELL NO.

So hey let's all do shitty pieces, but cover them up with blends and shines and do a relaistic character. Ooooooh, now were dope Writers.

Get the fuck outta here. NONE of these cats got shit on NY, well maybe they do have something on all you Younger kids who are FOLLOWING their way, but NOT on any cat out here who still remembers what REAL GRAFF looks like, and still reps correctly.

I know this will stir up a bunch of you faggoty trucker hat white boys, who love art and aspire to suck daim and loomits dicks.

I probably won't be back on here for a while, but it will be fun to see how GUSTO responds to the suckers that will respond to me. Sinse he is probably the only one on here that can do a fuckin piece with style, and will turn out to be a real NY writer.

Peace and FUCK YOU

Kool Dash One

Fame City

TC5ive

That's why I like Dash.......cause he tells it like it is. Anyway, those euros can paint nice things.........but where's the style at? Where's the rawness? That's whats always been missing from the shit they do. I dunno..........I'd rather see a drippy ink tag on the inside of a 3 train than a realistic character, But thats just me.

Originally posted by CrewJones

"getting" beat??? man, america lost the graff battle to most of Europe long ago...

crewjones from the midwest.. you have no clue what you are talking about and just got schooled by Dash. sit back, read what he wrote, and reflect on your stupidity.....

i would like to see a european crew battle a real new york crew, piece for piece, not even rock a character or a background... then we'd see who'd lose the battle...

Guest CrewJones

go to the post "flicks of pieces you like"... look through that, and you'll see that europe has got insane styles...

You wanna talk style for style? Yes, NY has some good writers... but honestly, most of the time its hit or miss, and when its miss, its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off. Eurapean writers with Insane style...

Dare , swet, bates, smash, Mist, Scien, Can 2, wert, and on and on...

Europe has so many different styles, constantly progressing in different directions... constantly exploring, pushing boundaries, and redefining style... keeping a deep rooted foundation of letters and tradition, while progressing it. New york seems to be trapped in a traditionalist view that graffiti is supposed to look one certain way, and it should not step beyond its narrow boundaries for risk of being criticised by those who helped it get started. Progression is inevitable, and thats a good thing... As long as the roots are deep, it is good to explore, experiment, and redevelop styles... I know some would like to think that there is a certain blue print to the ultimate graffiti "look", but that just leads to stagnation. If anyone is afraid of change, then stay in your safe bubble, and keep doing the same styles year after year, decade after decade, with the same techniques, same fills, same designs. If treading water is your thing, kudos to you.... But dont get upset and call the rest of the world wack for trying to improve and progress with time...

-straight from the cornfields....

Originally posted by rick flair

yeah those characters are banging'

america step your game upp!!

were gettin' beat by the europeans!!!!

You’ve obviously never seen shit from Hex TGO (LA), or Slick (LA) and that’s back in the late 80’s early 90’s. What about Sub DF FX? Totem2? Ces or Per FX? Gaze DF (WAYYYYY ahead of his time), Cycle, Ewok .COM, YNN crew, TD4 crew, Katch (Hawaii). Greed or Waqs (A3), and this is just a handful! Europe is definitely rippin shit up, But NY will never be beat! Why look at any of it as competition? Everyone is mutually burning and feeding off one another any how.

Guest CrewJones

Im willing to bet that johhny cash/elvis hybrid character with awful facial proportion was done by an American... not to dis, I wouldnt even attempt it, just saying that one of the Europeans at that wall wouldve done a better job... If that wall was a battle, who would you say won, the home team or visitors? Im not exactly sure of some of those pieces, if they are americans i never heard of, or Euros, but I can make a guess by the style... And why did Cope move his piece???

Archived