Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SkyFlax

Meeting Of Styles - NYC

Guest CrewJones

My theory on writers and their pieces, is to view the piece without reading the name... what I mean, is would I be going crazy over a cope piece if it was by some new guy, and it didnt say cope? Or any other person with a rep.... My point is, is the style, technique, evcecution, etc. banging regardless of who did it? or do we all just look at pieces through our "fame glasses", and if youre known, its automatically hot... bottom line, Writers with no rep can burn those who are known sometimes... Stop looking at WHO it is, and start looking at WHAT it is...

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Re: Re: Squirrelly

Originally posted by Unicron

im gonna break it down how your a dick rider... the JD throwy is cool and all, i like his throws but your saying a legal fillin is better then the styles flexed by tm7? i think 2muchtime said you have a personal issue not a personal opinion... you the one hating and talking shit just to get this attention... cope being more graffiti then anyone will ever be? yo i know cope did his thing for years, but cope dont realy write any more and when he does come out you know he dont care.. he just shows up does his same outline and fill he aways does and breaks out.... get off the dick.... that tm7 dym wall was the illest wall there for real.... you need to learn about STYLE AND LETTERS...and get off the magazine dick.... your a toy... word

if your gonna quote me atleast dont misrepresent anything . i believe i said cope is more graffiti then tenz or whoever " his other names he writes with" ever be. copeesh jerckoff? riding dick? if anyone here is riding cock its you, you love styleish flowers with pretty pink polka dots with a cute baby blue. well homo thats good for you i'm not down with that noise, thats all i'm saying so dont make this some type of an issue. so please you homosexual stop riding me already cant a brotha make any comments? i'm more up then your older brother.

Originally posted by CrewJones

My theory on writers and their pieces, is to view the piece without reading the name... what I mean, is would I be going crazy over a cope piece if it was by some new guy, and it didnt say cope? Or any other person with a rep.... My point is, is the style, technique, evcecution, etc. banging regardless of who did it? or do we all just look at pieces through our "fame glasses", and if youre known, its automatically hot... bottom line, Writers with no rep can burn those who are known sometimes... Stop looking at WHO it is, and start looking at WHAT it is...

that is a good approach, i agree

ok, time out

basically...

Phase 2 or Stay High or Tracy 168 could come to a wall, write their name in dog shit and guess what...?

You may not have to like it, but you better shut the fuck up and RESPECT it.

It is ONLY because of what older writers did 20 and 30 years ago, that all you new pseudo writers of today are even in the game, if you could consider that there is even a graff game left today.

Sure, most of those pieces did suck, but who the fuck is ya'll to come on here posting your irrelevant opinion, from the comfort of you own living room, ANONYMOUSLY at that.

Thats some real pussy shit.

Why didn't any of you go up to cope or anyone else in person, to inform them of their boring outline, or lack of enthusiasm?

Oh, yeah cuz you didn't have the Balls.

Anyway, this shit don't surprise me out of all the writers of today, under 25 yrs old, maybe 5% even have what it takes to amount to what it took to be even the wors toy 20 years ago.

Chew on that..

And don't even come at me, unless you are man enough to leave your name, punks.

Kool Dash One.. FCKing

The Cool 5ive

Originally posted by Unicron

yo i cant believe the stupidity of so many fuckin writers.... "rickflair" you cant tell the difference between yes2 ivory and other peoples shit???? jock my style wall??? you sound like someone who who doesnt write... you cant read graffiti or undersstand what makes yes2s shit look like his shit? no one on that walls shit looks the same.... and if it does to you then you obviously dont understand style... for real it amazes me the comments that come out of some peoples mouths.. or keyboards i guess.... are you gonna tell me that the themo piece and the ivory piece look the same? "2timeloser" dont know about style either... cope and muse??? get real kid that cope is really one of the worst cope joints i seen him do in years...lookslike his shit from 92.... and muse? i think anyone who knows anything about style knows that muse is garbage.... he was better when he was art fagging it with free5 a few years ago......and to call tm7 dym shit recycled garbage??? tm7 nearly created that style.... that was hands down the illest wall there... they aint need no european cats to paint them a pretty back ground or help them with their pieces... cause alot of that did go down... i chilled at that big wall with the cope and muse shit for awhile and cats are str8 up hardly even doin their own shit anymore....all im sayin is people need to shut the fuck up and learn about style

your response is shit without flossing the creds. ante up or stay with that "artnerd i'm a revolutionary" bit til you get punched.

Re: ok, time out

Originally posted by Pharaoh145th

Sure, most of those pieces did suck, but who the fuck is ya'll to come on here posting your irrelevant opinion, from the comfort of you own living room, ANONYMOUSLY at that.

Thats some real pussy shit.

Why didn't any of you go up to cope or anyone else in person, to inform them of their boring outline, or lack of enthusiasm?

Kool Dash One.. FCKing

The Cool 5ive

u got to respect that.... just wondering.... i know no one is gonna drop names on who they are.... but did you paint at the meeting of style event ? 2timeloser........ rick flair?

hey unicorn,

if you can't see that the majority of the dude on that wall got their style from the same 1 or 2 people you are fucking blind as a bat.

even if they didn't take their style from a modern ivory or yes piece, it's easy to see that they looked at an earlier piece that those dudes done.

it's 2003, of course dudes are gonna grab influences from other people, since this shit started pretty much everythings been done. but when people take some elses piece and then change the letters to look like their letters thats the faggy shit i'm talkin bout.

i bet your on some one jock thats why you got so offended by this.

i do agree with you on that cope shit, that fool came at the end of the night, rocked a 5 min simple and bounced & let the germans finish the rest of the wall.

but on the real you don't know nothing about this here, i got styles for days. :lol:

Re: Re: Squirrelly

Originally posted by 2timeloser

BINGO!! WINNER!!!

yes it is a personal opinion like i said before, cope is more graffiti then tenz or whoever will ever be, you say cope runs his shit? do you anything about style? thats his style, thats what you can expect everytime, i dig that, i dig bombers, i dig the essence of grafiti, not some internet based vamp tool for styles like tm7 seem to rep, got me? hope so.

true the tm7 style gets vamped and regurgitated poorly,by alot of people , however it is TM7 style,, they aint vamping theyre own shit ? ya dig... yall siskel & eberts of graffiti need to make your own moves and worry bout those moves, cause if you did you wouldnt give a shit about what the next man was doin........ dash hit the nail on the head,,im sure nobody stepped to cope the give him theyre oppinion on his style that day, cause i didnt here about nobody gettin smacked , cope is cope , take him 4 what he is in this shit and respect that....

Crews like TM7 were early influences on the stuff I do because that was the style I liked. So yea my shit does have that infuence to it and is based upon that classic NYC wild style lettering. However my shit doesnt look like a Yes2 or a Roler piece. If you cant determine the difference between each individuals pieces besides the spelling then its you who doesnt understand style. If Webone did a Ces piece I would be able to tell it was done by Web. If you cant then oh well too bad for you. People just talk way too much shit about people who are actually painting and doing THEIR thing. I bet rickflair and the rest of these kids talking all this crap dont do much besides browse 12oz looking for the next big graffiti dilemma to set straight. All this talk about biting styles, what original ground breaking styles did you invent?

HOST18

Originally posted by 666

Crews like TM7 were early influences on the stuff I do because that was the style I liked. So yea my shit does have that infuence to it and is based upon that classic NYC wild style lettering. However my shit doesnt look like a Yes2 or a Roler piece. If you cant determine the difference between each individuals pieces besides the spelling then its you who doesnt understand style. If Webone did a Ces piece I would be able to tell it was done by Web. If you cant then oh well too bad for you. People just talk way too much shit about people who are actually painting and doing THEIR thing. I bet rickflair and the rest of these kids talking all this crap dont do much besides browse 12oz looking for the next big graffiti dilemma to set straight. All this talk about biting styles, what original ground breaking styles did you invent?

HOST18

dude,

i was just stating an opinion about the jam this past weekend.

and unicorn starts talking slick.

if you notice from the number of post next to my name, i'm rarely on here on "12oz looking for the next big graffiti dilemma to set straight."

the only reason i have been posting i cause i'm injured with nothing else to do all day.

other wise i would be out painting.

like i said people have to get their influences from some where, but change it up alil'

be your own writer.

don't get so mad over someones opinion.why does any thing i say matter to you. i swear, if i were not injured you wouldn't have even seen a second reply out of me...

BUT I'M BORED, AT HOME,BEATIN' OFFTO THE TM7 WALL.

HAHA

LOOSEN UPP HERBS

THIS AINT THE RAISE FOR SPACE

that shit's already been accomplished. :lol: :lol:

Couple things..............That Stan One piece is fresh as hell. Dan1 came correct again. And Yes2 absolutely killed it. Thats all.............

Originally posted by 666

HOST18

your just a real Gerhard Kraus of graffiti huh? thats real good that you can differentiate styles of graff. your just a classic case internet geek wrote since about 1990 till now but recently just did anything, before this you where studying graffiti on the internet while kids like me introduced bombing to your area. you study the styles it shows in your work, i never actually put you stuff down i just say it how i see it, you cant respect. its ok.

dropping names on here is just plain silly. calm down.

did anyone else notice the cleverest fucking thing ever said?

Johnny-"ante up or stay with that 'artnerd i'm a revolutionary' bit til you get punched."

that is a line i can sympathize all too well with. art school means you are not hard. period. no grey area whatsoever. if you don't believe me, go listen to some anal cunt and then we'll chat.

Originally posted by Mr. Sanchez

when was this event held

this shit was held 8/25-27

these pieces are getting old real fast

fools need to start experimenting

i see the same sketch for every wall:o :o :( :(