My grandfather got robbed at gunpoint today.

Big Bruno

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Very glad he wasn't hurt, Bruno

Getting stuck up really sucks, but it's not in the same category as getting shot, especially if you're talking about an elderly person. It's repeated incidences like this that create an atmosphere conducive to citizen patrols and an atmosphere of hostility towards anybody in your neighborhood whom you don't know well.

Here's a happy story---sort of. One of my co-workers' sons got attacked by a guy who used to live in their neighborhood. They were arguing because the kid thought the other guy had tried to rob his house (he chased him out of his back yard.) As the kid was turning away, the other guy struck him with his elbow in a sucker-punch elbow blow. It broke the kid's jaw in four places. He had to go to the hospital and get operated on to get his jaw wired back together. We were all really pissed, because although the kid lives in a shitty, ghetto neighborhood, he's a good kid and is trying to go to college.

His mother knows the other guy pretty well---he's older than her son, but he was still a kid that she watched growing up on the block. So she put the word out with the kids--CALL ME on my cellphone if you see his sorry ass. That's exactly what happened. The people from the neighborhood, using cell phones, turned him in, and they were all chasing his sorry ass around in cars. Finally, the mom cornered his ass between two houses, and she's like, " Boy, you better get your ass in this car right now! You are making this worse and worse on your self!" Mr. Bad Ass Gangsta surrendered to his victim's MOM! She did a citizen's arrest. I laughed my ass off when she told us she captured him by herself. He's sitting up in the jail, right now, on charges of aggravated assault with intent to do bodily harm.

one of my old roommates brothers just got mugged. some dude pulled a knife on him and asked for his wallet. before he could get his wallet out...the guy slashed him across the face. bad move. his brother figured...if I'm gonna die...I sure as shit am not about to just hand it over. he went ballistic and fought the guy. he ended up with like six cuts across his face, finger nearly cut off, a broken knife in his shoulder blade and bite marks on his chest. the other guy ended up with a bunch of punches and a broken arm, but managed to get away...without the wallet.

not really sure what I would've done.

Archived