What RUM does to you...?

Jackson

Originally posted by El Mamerro

Rum is by far, my #1 hard liquor of choice. It does so many good things to me it's not even funny, and it always places me in the perfect state of drunken-ness.

Then again, I grew up on the stuff... whiskey, if I can stand the flavor enough to drink a few, does me BAD.

I couldnt have said it better, I only got ot this point in the thread and felt no need to read any further. Only thing is I like whiskey and when jack shows up the night is over

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Smart

Ooof! That's because you were drinking that spiced crap! No peer pressure but, if things change in the future, stick to Mount Gay or Bacardi... Bacardi being the generic all purpose rum...

wellll...

i 've had it out with them too.

me and bacardi go wayyyy back.

she was my first girlfriend.

we got along great, but she was a little too tame for me..eventually i got a little too wild for her and her sister and i started hanging out with their cousin, 151..

he was a jerk.

my life got all fucked up because of him..

he also beat my stomach till it bled.

i still have alcohol/blood vomit problems because of him..

so, when i decided to downgrade my full-tilt-alcohol-fueled-destructo-bender after a couple years, i switched to the captain..

he was tasty, i didn't need anything but him, just an open bottle in my hand ..and for a while, the lower potency was good for me...but eventually, that all evened out..

now i can't/won't/don't drink anything.

Guest WebsterUno

that shit is fucking worthless. Captain Schmaptain, Malibu Sqwalibu. Tourist fuel. If you're having any of the new Bacardi flavors, they're strictly for shot use only. Only girly drink I condone is Bacardi Limón with cranberry, cause it's nice under the sun.

Under the sun, its all about Hurricanes

and Alabama Slammers during big cookouts in da park.

My favorite shooter...

straight up Remy with a pull from

my L as a chaser...Uuuuuuuurrrp!

Bacardi shots are aiight. (Vodka shots...woooo)

maybe the flavored stuff is good,

but not plain bacardi.

Ill see if I can find some of that Gay whatever stuff...

see what youre talkin 'bout.

http://www.spirituosenworld.de/produkte/cognac/details/remy_vsop_roller_gr.jpg'>

Originally posted by Smart

Then, my advice is gonna be:

Avoid Zima.

As for Mt. Gay, it's the world's oldest rum... Please believe they know how to make it. Mamerro is right, it's 'delightful' indeed.

preeze bereeve this shit right here is some next level rum type ish..

http://www.rum.cz/galery/aus/au/bundaberg/img/au4.jpg'>

57.7% over proofed... kablamma blamma!!

:huh?:

the only thing ive ever had a problem within tequila. that shit is evil in a bottle. about the only thing i drink anymore is dark beers or scotch, preferably over 12+ years old.

Guest WebsterUno

I was going to upload a pic that I had for

this thread today, but I couldnt

get at the scanner today. Ill see if I can

do it from home. Its perfect for this thread.

My favourite...

Cuban Rum...

http://mitglied.lycos.de/tritops/reisebuecher/bilder/cubasoncd.jpg'>

HAVANA CLUB 3YO (40%)

Havana Club 3-year-old rum has a light straw colour. It has at once the luminous, light, syrupy look characteristic of aged rum.

This Cuban spirit has a sweet, woody smell with aromas of caramel and vanilla.

3-year-old rum is pleasant-tasting with a fresh, discreet flavour. A taste of vanilla with chocolate accents.

Awards - Havana Club 3 years was awarded the silver medal in London in 1996 at the "The International Wine & Spirits Competition" when judged against the best rums from around the world.

Cuban Lady...

http://www.hotspots.com/article_data/3227/cuba_dancer.jpg'>

Yay for Cuba!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1230000/images/_1230204_pointing300_ap.jpg'>

Also watch out for Cockspur Barbadian Rum - good stuff

http://www.holders.net/cockspur.jpg'>

Things like Wray & Nephew (62.8%), and Woods 100 (57%) are a bit too much for me - make you go loopy!

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I heard Havana Club is some seriously amazing stuff. Can't wait to get my hands on some, but damn the fucking embargo. Where are you located, Rodney?

Webster, I wouldn't consider Hurricanes a girly drink... at least not the ones I was given at Mardi Gras. They were made with 151 and Everclear, and came in a 40oz FISH BOWL of death. Jesus Christ, those things...

Another thing to consider is what kind of drinking you'll be doing. These days I'm heartily enjoying straight sipping rum. Mount Gay must be fucking awesome for that... but normally I don't make mixed drinks out of dark rums, only white; darks are too flavored.

For shots: Bacardi Fag Flavors

For mixed drinks: White rum (My choice: Don Q Cristal)

For sipping straight: Dark and aged rums (My choice: Ron del Barrilito 3 Estrellas, Don Q Grand Añejo... I'd hit the Mount Gay but buying that in PR is like ordering a steak at a seafood restaurant)

http://www.npos.com/images/F264.jpg'>

El Blingo Fantástico

I heard Havana Club is some seriously amazing stuff. Can't wait to get my hands on some, but damn the fucking embargo. Where are you located, Rodney?

Uk all the way. I kind of figured you wouldn't be able to get Havana Club stateside because of the politics and bs. There are various ages/flavours you can get. I'm no connoisseur though, I just drink whatever I happen across. The 3 year old is the one they sell in most shops and bars.

More info here: http://www.havana-club.com/uk/index.html

- This bit is quite interesting:

Havana Club/Bacardi: roots of the conflict

In the nineteenth century, Havana's Arechabala family began making Havana Club rum from select sugar cane. During the first half of the twentieth century, the brand came to symbolize Cuban authenticity and quality. Unfortunately, in the 1950s the rum suffered some serious setbacks. The Arechabala family gradually relinquished its trademark on the domestic market and in the seven countries where it was registered.

1955: the Havana Club brand name is relinquished in Spain

This is why the Havana Club brand name fell into the public domain in Spain and the Dominican Republic in 1955, four years before

the Cuban Revolution and therefore independently of that event.

In the United States, the family had registered the Havana Club trademark and four labels featuring that trademark. The first of the five trademark registrations expired that year without being renewed.

In 1960 the heavily-indebted distillery was on the brink of bankruptcy when it was nationalized. The Arechabala family emigrated to the United States and Spain. In the United States

the family failed to renew the first four trademark registrations, as they had done in the other countries, because they had no intention of using it. A renewal would have cost just $25, and filing an affidavit of non-use is all that would have been required to keep

the trademark going without any obligation of using it. Therefore

the relinquishment is obviously voluntary. Havana Club definitively fell into the public domain in 1973.

1966: new trademark registrations

In Cuba, however, the new owners relaunched Havana Club on

the domestic and export markets. They registered the trademark

in 80 countries, including Spain in 1966 and the United States

in 1976. However, sales on American soil are impossible because of the US embargo against Cuba. Sales rise to over 200,000 cases per year.

In 1993, Havana Club and Pernod Ricard signed a far-reaching partnership agreement that resulted in boosting the Cuban brand's sales tenfold in five years. In 1998 the brand became "case millionnaire". The European group's arrival on the rum market

and the brand's increasing success alarmed Bacardi, which until then enjoyed a near-monopoly of the market image.

Bacardi produces rum in several countries, including Mexico, Puerto Rico and Europe, and sells it by playing on a supposedly Cuban image, carefully maintained by ambiguous advertising campaigns ("el mejor ron de Cuba", "Cuban rums since 1862" ).

1996: Bacardi sells rum from the Bahamas in the United States under the Havana Club brand name

In 1996, Bacardi had several cases of rum from the Bahamas distributed in the United States under the name "Havana Club", which led "Havana Club Holding" to file a complaint for fraud

and deception of consumers.

Bacardi tried to find heirs of the family that founded the brand.

A company called "Jose Arechabala International" was set up

from scratch in Liechtenstein in 1997. It sold Bacardi rights to

the trademark it never owned and that the family had long ago relinquished.

1996-1998: US legislation is changed in Bacardi's favor

Bacardi is close to certain American political circles and, in 1996 despite protests from the European Union, obtained a tightening

of the US embargo against Cuba through the Helms-Burton Act, named after two senators who are friends of theirs. In 1997,

the group also successfully requested the American authorities retroactively withdraw the permission granted in 1995 to sell

the trademark to "Havana Club Holding".

Further more, two years after Havana Club Holding's complaint was filed, a new tailor-made piece of legislation "section 211", was adopted in the US, favoring Bacardi's interests. This occurred a few weeks before HCH's complaint was scheduled to be heard before

a New York court. "Section 211", in defiance of international agreements on industrial property, retroactively forbids registration in the United States of trademarks that belonged to Cubans before they went into exile, even when those brands were voluntarily relinquished or had fallen into the public domain.

1999: "Section 211" makes it impossible to rule against Bacardi

In April 1999, the Southern District Court of New York threw out Havana Club Holding's case against Bacardi because of "Section 211", which was enacted 24 years after the Pernod Ricard's partners registered the trademark in the United States. HCH has appealed the decision based on the fact the law was applied retroactively.

In July, the European Union filed a complaint against the United States with the World Trade Organization for violation of their agreements on trade-related aspects of intellectual property rights (TRIPs).

- And on that note all I'll say is FUCK BACARDI!

It makes me black out after a while and have really weird conversations with women that come back the next when i start to regain my memory. If there are other guys around it usually ends up in violence.

It got one of my buddies to stabbin 3 or 4 kids. I wonder what ever happend to him.

Originally posted by E MARTYR

:lol: :lol: :lol:

im not a huge fan of beer, used to love bud light i think it was, or budwieser one of them shits, until i threw up on it... now i cant stand the shit...

so yea i drink those bitch beers unless there is liquor...

the first time i got really shitty was off budwieser and rum. i threw up. i had drank beer before that with no problem. but after i puked i couldn't do it. i tried drinking the bitch beer but i just felt like such a pussy. drink 40's of steel reserve for a week straight. then go to budlight. it will taste like water and you won't look like a pussy who can't handle real beer.

Originally posted by Tesseract

Drink slowly with a full stomach. Its hardly about the drink.

wonk

if i have a totally full stomach it feels like i cant take any more in... beer tastes terrible.. on a normal stomach it just tastes like whatever.

captain morgan gets me DRUNK. like puking, passing out in a hammock, and then falling out drunk.

Guest WebsterUno

*for all you bacardi lovers*

I took this a few months ago. I was on my

way to work, and I saw this. I had to

flick it. I liked the color scheme on the

truck. It would be nice to burn it..but I

dont know where it sits..so... :(

Some female I know has the Bacardi

bat tatooed on her navel. Woo woo...

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00365540f00000003.jpg'>

my cuzz once drank 211 for a week straight.

he said he puked up some syrupy yellow

flourescent substance. He doesnt drink that anymore.

Re: *for all you bacardi lovers*

Originally posted by WebsterUno

my cuzz once drank 211 for a week straight.

he said he puked up some syrupy yellow

flourescent substance. He doesnt drink that anymore.

that's stomach bile.

and maybe wall lining.

i saw too much of that in my day.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Hooooly fuck... after two months of fermenting, my personal rum concoction is ready to go... I just had a shot of it and it kicks much ass.

http://www.micaminito.com/images/quenepa.jpg'>

28 quenepas (click the picture above to find out what they are), half a cup of brown sugar, and a liter and a half of rum. Mix em all together, stir to tear the pulp off some of the fruit, seal in a container with enough air and let it sit for 6-8 weeks.

Open it up and enjoy drinking it straight. The best part is, some of the quenepas with pulp still attached have absorbed the rum, so eating them is equivalent to about half a shot or so.

Oh hell yes this weekend will now rule.

Who the fuck thought that the MOJITO would be a great drink to make trendy? I can see it....some jerk was sitting at a bar in Cuba, and thought to himself " I know how I can get revenge on those bastards...."

And he was right, because now you walk around with a MOJITO in your hand trying to talk to girls in the bar, but you look like an asshole because you gots mint leaves all jammed up in your teeth......Motherfucker.

THE DEVIL!/ perfectly flawwed MOJITO-Muddle the mint leaves ever so gently with a cube of raw sugar, add ice, 2oz of dark rum, finish with a splash of soda and a lime.