critique these sketches

nokos

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I totally disagree. Those are my simples, I do those really quick, dont really put time into them. I do those to decorate my notebooks. And for christs sake,most of those are not even my name(I dont want to get caught at school with nokos on my folders). And I definetly did not try to hard on those letters, I dont even really put much thought into my simples. Its just quick shit to pass time. But whatever bro, your 2 cents, is your 2 cents. Stay up.

-nokos

Originally posted by nokos

Not defensive, just getting out my point of view. You see, i like to discuss things. Its not like I dont care what you guys think. I like to discuss things. Ya know? Everyone's opinion is just as important.

-nokos

I understand but why did you go all ape shit in that other thread when people weren't feeling your stuff??? I like your stuff but I think your a hypocrit, sorry...

For what it's worth... criticism

All of your Nokos sketches are poor. Not a dis but they need serious help. I was going to chalk that up to you being new to this... till I saw the Never piece you posted. Now, here you have something. The flow and feel of that piece should be your blue print for future pieces. Though even there I have some things to add...

Both of your E's have long bars on their bottoms. Shorten them. Why? Because those long bars are coming too far into the next letter. While sometimes that can be a good thing, it also has to be a fuctional thing. In that sketch those long bars do nothing but hinder your piece. Other than that I actually like the piece. Nice weight to it and even the tic-toc of colors looks good. I guess if it were me I would lose the ONE at the end of it. But that's me and you're you. And besides a big red ball at the left end some clouds would really pull that whole thing off nicely.

Hey everyone, thanks for the critiquing. I'll work on it definetly.

Optimus, I think it would look better with colors and 3d. Im one of the types that really doesnt lookfor letters as much as just shapes and stuff. I like that sketch a little over all, but it could be so much bettter with more vibrant colors.

-nokos

Yet more... criticism

Optimus...

I'm not even sure what it says so it'll be hard to critique, and have you understand me at the same time. Though I'll give it a shot...

I understand what you were trying to accomplish with the arrows. The Rorshach Test feel... equal weight on both sides. Big fan of that myself. Giant is the king when it comes to that. However, it has to flow. I'll start from the left and work my way over to the right. Maybe it's a matter of taste but I think if your letters are rounded maybe those slivers reaching out to your arrows should also be rounded. Instead of hard sharp right angles. The arrows at the top and bottom, not good. The top ones are too high up there and no longer working with your piece. Bring 'em down so they can continue to party with everyone else. The bottom arrows look like they were just kinda thrown in there to pull off the equal weight thing. Particularly the arrow coming off your middle letter. And the arrow to the left of that is so forced that it hinders the overall feel of that letter, and it seperates the styles. The arrow on the right is feeling like the arrow on the left. It's a chubby chaser. A skinny arrow who likes rounded letters. And that could work. Though I think you need to re-work their position a little bit. Maybe run the arrows behind the letters instead of in front. Just a thought.

Jeez... I could start a controversial thread where all I do is critique sketches.

Re: Yet more... criticism

Originally posted by Joker

Jeez... I could start a controversial thread where all I do is critique sketches.

A "JOKER dropping science" thread would be nice.

i personaly would like hints, tricks, thoughts, and schooling from the man.

i recently realized my lack of a mentor, and half-assed jumping in and out of the game has me looking at this from the wrong perspective ... so i have been tearing down my work and starting over from a new angle. i would take advantage of words from joker.

Originally posted by silent_j5

why dont you spring for a Joker hotline ... reminds me of "saved by the bell"....

Skip to internet radio and picture hosting. "welcome to the Joker show, we're on the phone with nokos today from new Jack city." "Hi joker, I'm a long time listener, first time caller...."

Originally posted by Al Green

i dont get it

you start a thread called sketches to critique and when someone gives the slightest bit of criticism.. you get defensive..

whats the deal..

yeah...i was wondering that myself.

excuses excuses dude, if you didnt want people to critique some stuff you "just mess around with to decorate notebooks" then you shouldnt have posted it.