for the smart guys

timeago

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I already have plenty of info on the fact that plenty of homeless people have mental disorders before they live on the street. I had some info that i can't find anymore that said that the homeless people who were not mentally ill before living on the street will develope schizophrenia in time. This is because they are opposite to society so long that they begin to only see themselves as separate. I'm trying to find that information again. I've been trying google, thanks.

Originally posted by Fugazi

Most homeless people DON'T develop schizophrenia, but rather have it and then become homeless. Correlation never implies causation either....

there's your smart guy right there.

And seing as schizophrenia isn't a viral disease, you cant go catching

it from the street. Schizophrenia has nothing to do with 'seing yourself

as seperate' from society. That would make ever angst ridden teen and

graffiti writer a schizto, and that's not the case. Schizophrenia is a treated

with drugs for the most part, so it's a chemical condition and cant be developped just from being homeless.

how about you reword your thesis.

"Many homeless people vithdraw from normal, functioning society".

"There is a large rate of addiction with the homless that could be mistaken for mental conditions."

or

"Homeless people have enough shit to deal with without being called crazy."

You can develope schizophrenia because it is a chemical imbalance. Separating yourself mentally from society can cause paranoia, which can cause a chemical imbalance. Paranioa is also one of the mental disorders that can make up schitzophrenia. Schitzophrenia is different combonations of many disorders. Most people develope it between the ages of 17-35. Alcohol can also cause the chemical imbalance which leads to schizo. I appreciate the feed back. Thanks. Oh Yeah, most graffiti writers are probably going to end up schizophrenic. Correlation never implies causation, but thats exactly where I started from, and that doesn't limit what the possiblity of causation is.

i don't know much about schizophrenia, but i do

know that at least some people with it experience

extreme paranoia..like the worst fear you can

imagine.

Originally posted by timeago

You can develope schizophrenia because it is a chemical imbalance. Separating yourself mentally from society can cause paranoia, which can cause a chemical imbalance. Paranioa is also one of the mental disorders that can make up schitzophrenia. Schitzophrenia is different combonations of many disorders. Most people develope it between the ages of 17-35. Alcohol can also cause the chemical imbalance which leads to schizo. I appreciate the feed back. Thanks. Oh Yeah, most graffiti writers are probably going to end up schizophrenic. Correlation never implies causation, but thats exactly where I started from, and that doesn't limit what the possiblity of causation is.

I'm sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about. I've seen a lot of research done on Schizophrenia, and have learned from very good professors that the causes of schizophrenia are unknown. Schizophrenia is SIGNIFIED by disordered think (Delusions of grandeur, persecution, etc.), that is not something that causes it. Alcohol does NOT lead to schizophrenia, although it leads to other mental illnesses such as korsakof's syndrome, etc. Most people develop it between the ages of 17 and 35, this is true, but the reasons are unknown; heredity however is believed to be a factor.

Originally posted by kemekill

Why don't you just get off your ass and do a little research before bluntly and arrogantly labeling people with mental disorders, and then asking for a 12oz psychiatrist to back up your theory.

I'm not sure a psychiatrist would help much, they're typically M.D.'s with little psychological knowledge outside of diagnosis and prescription. A psychologist would probably be more helpful.

Re: smart girl

Originally posted by !@#$%

try a search on www.pubmed.org

this will give you access to research papers on the topic:

"homeless schizophrenia"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...earch&DB=PubMed

for starters..

lots of research on the topic.

Thanks this is plenty of information. Alot of the stuff u have to pay for though... ...been reading through this for hours now...

Originally posted by Fugazi

I'm sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about. I've seen a lot of research done on Schizophrenia, and have learned from very good professors that the causes of schizophrenia are unknown. Schizophrenia is SIGNIFIED by disordered think (Delusions of grandeur, persecution, etc.), that is not something that causes it. Alcohol does NOT lead to schizophrenia, although it leads to other mental illnesses such as korsakof's syndrome, etc. Most people develop it between the ages of 17 and 35, this is true, but the reasons are unknown; heredity however is believed to be a factor.

Ah "signified by disordered think." If this is the case maybe living in a situation of grandeur, persecution,etc. could cause paranioa in borderline schizos, which is one of many mental diseases which can make up schizophrenia?... ...I know alcohol is considered self-medication of schizos, but I was always told that that is what lead the schizophrenics that I know to become so.

Ah "signified by disordered think." If this is the case maybe living in a situation of grandeur, persecution,etc. could cause paranioa in borderline schizos, which is one of many mental diseases which can make up schizophrenia?... ...I know alcohol is considered self-medication of schizos, but I was always told that that is what lead the schizophrenics that I know to become so. I don't like the fact that its hereditary.:confused:

its hereditary because EVERYTHING is hereditary. if your parents are crazy, then, you are crazy. to define better:

"the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree". get back to nature.

Originally posted by DISCO BRYSO

its hereditary because EVERYTHING is hereditary. if your parents are crazy, then, you are crazy. to define better:

"the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree". get back to nature.

schizos KNOW THEY WILL BE IGNORED BY PEOPLE. they are people and this is one of the LAST DISORDERS MEN DON'T UNDERSTAND. if you know you will be ignored you will be mean to everyone so they can see things your way.

everyone has OCD. overly controlling dads' diseases. addiction is everywhere. addictive personalities spawn other addictive personalities. they can blame their alcohol use on themselves. like everyone should. fuck AA. fuck NA. get addicted to yourself. and make money so you can give it away.

Originally posted by DISCO BRYSO

schizos KNOW THEY WILL BE IGNORED BY PEOPLE. they are people and this is one of the LAST DISORDERS MEN DON'T UNDERSTAND. if you know you will be ignored you will be mean to everyone so they can see things your way.

everyone has OCD. overly controlling dads' diseases. addiction is everywhere. addictive personalities spawn other addictive personalities. they can blame their alcohol use on themselves. like everyone should. fuck AA. fuck NA. get addicted to yourself. and make money so you can give it away.

make money so you can give it away. good answer... but in the mean time...http://www.afunworld.com/shared/20030920/19/cy016.jpg'>

make money so you can give it away. good answer... but in the mean time...http://www.afunworld.com/shared/20030920/19/cy016.jpg'>

yes. make art. good idea. some people don't have the time to devote to the art they love the most though.

schizophrenia is FUELED by PARANOIA. and sometimes WEED MAKES YOU PARANOID. because WEED IS NOT A DRUG.

What the fuck does weed have to do with anything? Not a drug? What the fuck are you talking about?

Watch this-

drug- n. A chemical substance, such as a narcotic or hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior and often addiction.

"Cannabinoids, including THC, are the active chemical compounds in marijuana. Receptors or docking stations for cannabinoids are found on cells in the central nervous system and brain. More recently they have been identified on cells in the immune system. The short-term mating of cannabinoid and receptor produces the buzz or high of marijuana as well as the therapeutic effects ascribed to the natural product. It also has led some to say that marijuana is dangerous."

Archived