New kid..

Axis

Sup fellas,

I got interested in the art a few years back...My cousin who lives up in NY sent me a few quickies he did and I got interested in it...Started gettin into breakin, saw some of Mr. Wiggles stuff, got hooked...

Nowadayz I just sketch stuff up, but this weekend, I'm going to be doing my first graff job on an abandon warehouse.

I was lookin around the forums and didn't really find any stuff for newbs, but any links to sites to learn bout history of graff, the equipment and such??

Here's something I did during calculus with some of those fatties crayloa markers in like 5 min...Not the best I've done but it's a start..

http://pic8.picturetrail.com:80/VOL236/1309027/2488207/33127413.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Thanks for the honestly. Personally, I do agree with you. As far as meeting some local writers...I have seen maybe 3 murals in like a 20mi radius...I'll chill out on the forums for a bit, only thing I can do is learn...

Any suggestions for others?

Dr.Seus..

I'd say bout 8 months or so...I'm a pretty good artist, and it sounds kinda bad, but I can just look a piece and copy it pretty well...I'm just trying to develop my own style..

The reason for the black tails....teacher threw an eraser at me, made a nice big stray mark...so I tried to fix it...

hey you are good at biting. but maybe you should look at what people do, they all have the letters there and they just tweak them.. now your sketch i dont really see anything in it.. maybe its just me, but it just looks like nothingness. but just look at a letter, and at its bars, and then just bend and shape them to your liking. all anyone ever says is 'go simpler' as if that explains it in detail... just understand what a letter looks like and then slap some imagination into it

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by kubrick

I THINK IT'S UGLY , BUT I'M SURE IF YOU KEEP AT IT YOU'LL GET BETTER , DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GO OUT AND MEET WRITERS AND GO AND PAINT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS FORUM CAUSE IT'S THE WORST THING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE JUST STARTING TO WRITE .

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU? COPE2?-SHUTUP!

TIGHT SKETCH MAN.

http://pic8.picturetrail.com:80/VOL236/1309027/2488207/34058263.jpg'>

Try to keep a consistent 'thickness' in your letters to start out. The bottom of your first letter is a little thin, and the entire second letter is too thick. Also look at the space between the tops of the 2nd and 3rd letter.... there's too much of it. Try pulling the letters closer to the center.

That's my advice tho. I'm not sure it'll help, but it beats pointless critisism.

Originally posted by kubrick

I THINK IT'S UGLY.........STAY AWAY FROM THIS FORUM CAUSE IT'S THE WORST THING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE JUST STARTING TO WRITE .

I think you should look around for some graff tips on the forum but don't make it your one source of input. Nothing but jackals on here, including myself.

Archived